td05 16g?

• 2 weeks later...

I personally like the TD05-20g, now given I was running an MPI and standalone at the time it made great power w/ very little lag. 330whp/360wtq and full boost, 20psi at 2850Rpm. I now have a TD06-20g and it spools about 500 rpm later on the same maps, so still needs tuning. Td05 is only good for 385-400bhp Max. I still have the TD05 turbo and i'd consider selling it. It needs a rebuild and compressor wheel. Those dyno numbers were dont in its current condition w/ 3 bent fins on the compressor wheel, runs ok it just whistles loud as hell.

neil

We used a TD05H-20G on an mpi motor. What's lag? Claim the 5H wheel is too small? Why? You got a crappy wastegate path? Maybe its a crappy wastegate controller or wastegate valve. You using a POS MBC? You using a stock actuator and flap? You try this with a header or a stock manifold? The claims made that this is laggy or that is wrong doesn't mean much until you personally try it. The claims made by one guy may have had a motor that was timed wrong. These things are all relative. Do it correctly and a 20g will kick your arse. There are far too many stories out there of what didn't work and that's all people hear and they don't ask questions or is there anyone around to ask questions to if you wanted. You hear about 1G DSMs having a crappy tranny. Maybe its the worn out master cylinder rod and the lame sloppy clutch pedal arm but all you hear are general statements...and then people start to believe them. There are many false assumptions about cars and this one has plenty.