KanTuning Dyno Meet Video

Waaaaaaaasup Phil!!!

Whats up YOKO!! Where have you been hiding and whats new with the car?? Why are you selling it?

phil

Looks like fun. good numbers from the mustang dyno.

Thats exactly what I thought!!! It helped it was chili out. Man I love external WG dump! Sounds amazing once it opens and your at WOT!!

phil

Although I do have to say with such a big turbo, it seems like there should be a bit more power at 19 psi. What do you supposed was the issue? Not much timing, pump gas, poor flowing head or all three? Or something else?

Poor flowing head/ VERY conservative timing/Not yet in the turbo's sweet spot/Mustang Dyno

Yeah, I let 'er buck with some wild timing and you may have read about what happened to me. But as far as the turbo's sweet spot goes, I've seen other cars make 5-600hp on smaller turbos with 21psi. Sweet spot or not, it's a 67mm turbo at 19 psi, that's some serious boost.

Yeah, I let 'er buck with some wild timing and you may have read about what happened to me. But as far as the turbo's sweet spot goes, I've seen other cars make 5-600hp on smaller turbos with 21psi. Sweet spot or not, it's a 67mm turbo at 19 psi, that's some serious boost.

Other cars dont have our head/stroke. If these heads would breathe better up top I be able to enjoy this turbo more. Miata's with this turbo at similar boost are making around 100hp more. But like I said, this pups needs more timing but that can wait til I break this motor in. Plus 350whp is still good fun!

Poor flowing head/ VERY conservative timing/Not yet in the turbo's sweet spot/Mustang Dyno
Isn't that the truth. These heads don't flow worth a dam. Ask fip how much boost they are running to get their 500+hp on that BIG TURBO. My buddy is making almost 450+hp on his 1.8 Civic at only 15psi.

Isn't that the truth. Ask fip how much boost they are running to get their 500+hp on that BIG TURBO.

yeah... I've never seen that much pumped into 500hp. Other hi perf G54s has shown

that particular result is abnormal.

Isn't that the truth. These heads don't flow worth a dam.

G54 head flow proven well enough for a quick street car. What else is needed ?

IF.... you worship 'dyno queens', hi revs and peak hp... a G54 sux, no doubt.

My buddy is making almost 450+hp on his 1.8 Civic at only 15psi.

You always hear the praises of honda good flowing heads, but never ever the

downsides/tradeoffs mentioned. Why ?

put that 450hp marvel of a motor in a 3100+ pound street car and you'll see how it

drives and what a pos it is then.

Or as some have done, put a 450hp G54 in an old school rwd the weight of that civic.

Line em up. It'll all come into focus then :)

Head flow & peak hp doesn't begin to tell the whole story on acceleration

yeah... I've never seen that much pumped into 500hp. Other hi perf G54s has shown

that particular result is abnormal.

G54 head flow proven well enough for a quick street car. What else is needed ?

IF.... you worship 'dyno queens', hi revs and peak hp... a G54 sux, no doubt.

You always hear the praises of honda good flowing heads, but never ever the

downsides/tradeoffs mentioned. Why ?

put that 450hp marvel of a motor in a 3100+ pound street car and you'll see how it

drives and what a pos it is then.

Or as some have done, put a 450hp G54 in an old school rwd the weight of that civic.

Line em up. It'll all come into focus then :)

Head flow & peak hp doesn't begin to tell the whole story on acceleration

R U Crazy head flow is hp all the way. I have friends with dsm also who make more power with less psi so now what? All we are talking about is a weak flowing head. I never said there wasn't fast g54b's out there. I made 350 my cuz made 400 and I am planning on making over 450 and thats all I want. But it still doesn't change the fact the 2.6 head doesn't flow as good as others do. But then why do people swap out the 2.6 for the 2.0 oh snap cause it makes more power with less psi at least that is why I would do it.

R U Crazy head flow is hp all the way. All we are talking about is a weak flowing head.

bingo ! mingo - lol

Precisely, and I was encouraging anyone to not adopt such a narrow-minded view.

Starquests have proven quick enough with our crap flowing heads.

You didn't answer the question.... how much more flow would you like ?

ONLY those such as yourself, enamoured by peak hp numbers and dyno queens will see

our head flow as an 'obstacle' obviously... since a quick car is not good enough.

you introduce a civic, 450hp at 15psi. Yayyyy. Nevermind all the other variables.

That "450" doesn't say anything about how you gotta wring the pi55 outta it to get

anything and how it would be an absolute joke in our heavy cars.

I certainly wouldn't want 'headflow' to transform my G54 into that. Would you ?

Weight is a starquests' enemy. I'd whine about that first

As a comparison...

miata and civic are close in weight

from a recent thread; 460hp G54 powered miata goes 10.0

Adding a heavy 8.8 diff at one end and the heavier 2.6 at the other, doesn't make a

miata any lighter.

Now... a 450hp street civic won't get anywhere near a 10.0 - and that is with its

awesome flowing head, not even in your dreams. Yes, I must be crazy

There is 450hp... and there is 450hp - clydesdale or shetland pony. Take your pick

Dynos should be used for dialing in combinations & charting changes, like these guys

are doing. Only a matter of time before they're rippin' it up... 5h1ty head flow &

all

bingo ! mingo - lol

Precisely, and I was encouraging anyone to not adopt such a narrow-minded view.

Starquests have proven quick enough with our crap flowing heads.

You didn't answer the question.... how much more flow would you like ?

ONLY those such as yourself, enamoured by peak hp numbers and dyno queens will see

our head flow as an 'obstacle' obviously... since a quick car is not good enough.

you introduce a civic, 450hp at 15psi. Yayyyy. Nevermind all the other variables.

That "450" doesn't say anything about how you gotta wring the pi55 outta it to get

anything and how it would be an absolute joke in our heavy cars.

I certainly wouldn't want 'headflow' to transform my G54 into that. Would you ?

Weight is a starquests' enemy. I'd whine about that first

As a comparison...

miata and civic are close in weight

from a recent thread; 460hp G54 powered miata goes 10.0

Adding a heavy 8.8 diff at one end and the heavier 2.6 at the other, doesn't make a

miata any lighter.

Now... a 450hp street civic won't get anywhere near a 10.0 - and that is with its

awesome flowing head, not even in your dreams. Yes, I must be crazy

There is 450hp... and there is 450hp - clydesdale or shetland pony. Take your pick

Dynos should be used for dialing in combinations & charting changes, like these guys

are doing. Only a matter of time before they're rippin' it up... 5h1ty head flow &

all

Once again I never said the 2.6 can't make power. I never said anything about being a dyno queen or anything about power to weight ratio or that I was infatuated with high hp numbers. All I am saying is power can be made easier with a better flowing head. And I will leave it at that.

Edited by Mingo1

We can read what u said from what u didn't.

Its just that when jinx sees someone blast the 2.6 head flow, he'll try to provoke out of them, exactly what is it they'd prefer to see.

They can readily say how bad it is, but never provide an indication on how good it should flow.... nor care to elaborate on the downsides of big head flow.

It's a two edge sword.

Oh and this...

I have friends with dsm also who make more power with less psi so now what?...But then why do people swap out the 2.6 for the 2.0 oh snap cause it makes more power with less psi at least that is why I would do it.

The 1st few 4G63 transplants that showed up on the old SQC bbs years ago, performed no better than our 12.8 & 11.8 G54s with similar mods!

I hope they didn't go thru all that simply for "head flow".

More sensible reasons would be;

- reliability & parts availability

- no cracking heads (tons of A1 good $50 heads available)

- no cracking block

- Best of all.... 4G63/4 sorted down to a science. None of this mix n matching, roller this/slipper that hor5e5h1t, cam vodoo and abundance of untested "theories" flung around.

We can read what u said from what u didn't.

Its just that when jinx sees someone blast the 2.6 head flow, he'll try to provoke out of them, exactly what is it they'd prefer to see.

They can readily say how bad it is, but never provide an indication on how good it should flow.... nor care to elaborate on the downsides of big head flow.

It's a two edge sword.

Oh and this...

The 1st few 4G63 transplants that showed up on the old SQC bbs years ago, performed no better than our 12.8 & 11.8 G54s with similar mods!

I hope they didn't go thru all that simply for "head flow".

More sensible reasons would be;

- reliability & parts availability

- no cracking heads (tons of A1 good $50 heads available)

- no cracking block

- Best of all.... 4G63/4 sorted down to a science. None of this mix n matching, roller this/slipper that hor5e5h1t, cam vodoo and abundance of untested "theories" flung around.

true dat