Fuso IC installed pic

Finally got the Fuso IC in.

Somehow I managed to keep the oil cooler in the stock location.  I used the same brackets that bolted the stock intercooler in for this intercooler.

The small cooler to the left is the power steering cooler. I removed the cooling line that ran from in the front where the intercooler is.

This IC IMO is about as large as I could squeeze in. the problem is the bumper brackets interfere. The first Fuso IC I had would not have fit, too bad too. :(

...now I'm going back outside to do more work :)

http://a9.cpimg.com/image/93/A9/9544339-088e-028001E0-.jpg

http://a3.cpimg.com/image/CD/AB/9552333-a937-01DB0164-.jpg

Thanks for the compliment...

The intercooler is from a Fuso medium sized delivery truck. Don't know what year but the model of the Fuso you need to find is the FUSO FE models.

It is about 9" taller than the stock intercooler, slightly thinner with 21 (21 or 22 not sure) 1/4" sized cooling rows. I have 2.5" inlets/outlets welded in place of the 2" that were on it stock.

Should flow and cool a heap more than the stock IC does.

That's super extra sweet! 8) Is there plenty of clearance between the bottom of it and the ground? It looks to be ok but I was just wondering if it's a bit lower to the ground than the stock intercooler is? Yeah I'll have to get a ride in that bad boy one of these days.

PS. Man, a set of some SS oil cooler lines sure would complete that front portion of the engine bay, he he he...

KO

The bottom of the intercooler sits flush with the inner area of the front spoiler. So the first cooling row on the bottom is almost the very bottom of the intercooler. Not too much lower than the stock intercooler. Definetely will stay away from 4X4'n in the future  :D

As far as the oil cooler lines that's in the future... sure would be a nice addition!

The intercooler came from a local Fuso dealer. I stold the IC for $125 and  had 2.5" inlets/outlets welded in

Look around for FUSO and ISUZU NPR intercoolers. It's hit and miss. Check around and see where the diesel guys get their truck parts from...you WILL find one if you look enough!

I heard there used to be a few guys from Porterico(sp?) that would rent these trucks, take out the IC and replace it with a straight pipe and return it to the rental company.  They would ship them to Baltimore for cheap.  That did't last long.

I think Mike stole the intercooler for a song.  Never again to be matched.  I wish every parts guy behind the counter had no clue what anything was worth. heh

Take care

Shawn

Exactly... I really lucked out.

From what I heard from one of the parts guy at the dealer that a new Fuso intercooler runs $1000 and up! And new cores for custom intercoolers go for $400 and up!

Personally for a $1K I would be looking more towards Spearco than a Fuso intercooler

If you search on the web for a fuso dealer the is one open 24 hours I called them one night and asked about the FUSO intercooler new....1k to 1500.  Varied on model.  But the FUSO FE model truck has the intercooler you want.  Group Purchase Anyone?

• 10 months later...

This Fuso IC I have wasn't that bad to install. A little tight by the supports but definetely doable.

With the Fuso IC my intake temps where typically only 10-12 degrees above ambient temps. That ain't to shabby. :)

• 3 months later...

That's some sort of sensor. I left it in there in case I find a use for it.

It would be cool if it was a pressure sensor or something but I don't really know.

These are kick tail IC's for our cars.  8)

that sensor is an air temperature sensor. local friend of mine is running a tec-2 with everything done to his. I mean everything. Its so awesome, its not even funny.. not that yours isnt. He has his air temperature sensor right before the throttle body. Im guessing to get a more accurate reading. another local friend has a fuso intercooler in his 88 Starion, and has the same sensor. They might be common on those particular models. looks great mike. I dont think you are too far from "us" (: eheh.. love to catch you at a meet or something. we have a small "possy" and everyone has all kinds of mods. I cannot wait to hear how yours runs.. ie, dyno, street driving.

-stiggity

Ah so that's a temp sensor eh? Now I know :)

My SDS has a temp sensor about 3" from the TB to monitor temps. The FUSO never has gone past 12* ambient temperature, and that was on an extermely HOT 90* day.

So you guys are using that to read temps? My SDS needs a GM sensor, how did you calibrate the ECUs to read the temps?