Anyone know anything

BlowinUp54B's

yea. my friend has one of the 2.3t motors out of his dad's old merkur xr4ti, in a 2dr ranger!! its cammed, wiseco forged pistons, injectors(not sure of size) all engine mounts powdercoated, race port and polish, stage 3 clutch, explorer dif, mustang tranny. he had it dyno'd before the forged internals (before it blew lol) and it made 260 whp on 18 psi. he is now gonna run 25 psi on the wisecos and be in the easy 300 range to the wheels. he has a superchips tuning chip, and dyno tuned at his works motorsport shop. oh, and he just bought 10.5 inch rear rims!!!!

i know its got the same turbo as alot of volvos the early 80s i belive its a 13c

i forgot to say, its a slightly bigger turbo. idk the size, not huge, 25 psi is gonna be the most for it, in the 300 range. motor can take 400, hes gonna get meth injection and perhaps bigger turbo and fuel support.

Graham

2.3 Turbo I think? My friend picked one up that runs but won't boost. I am going to go over to his house tomorrow to help him find out what it is.. Seeing if anyone ever had experiences with these.

http://i44.tinypic.com/v4ymxg.jpg

My sister owns one :D 1985 Merkur XR4Ti.

2.3L I4 - none intercooled.

Have him check out merkur club of america - they have a pretty decent forum, along with merkur desktop.