So I got pulled over

Fanta

So I'm driving home from work, with a cop behind me in traffic. He was on his cell phone, I'm not violating any laws, so all is peachy king. Till his lights came on and he did a little woop woop! So I pull into a parking lot and he sits behind me. He comes up to the window, all serious, and says

" Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?"

"... to be honest sir, not really -laughs-"

" Sir, I pulled you over because my son just bought a black Chrysler Conquest the other day. According to him, who I just got off the phone with, you're the car that he's seen that inspired him to purchase one."

I was literally speechless. All I could do was laugh. Turns out his son, who's 16 and a junior in HS would always be after school doign activities, around the same time I would always drive by. According to his father, the police officer, he was so intent on finding out what the car was that he insisted on staying after school on day to be on the sidewalk to see what the car was. Gave him my information, this club's website, and when the officer asked me if there's anything they should know about the car, I told him to remind his son that it's a turbocharged car, the car can get away from a driver quick if he's not careful, nor used to it. That aside, they have their own individual quirks, but a good tune up of plugs, air filter, oil change, injector pigtails, and such and it should be good to go.

It's the best feeling in the world to know your car was the inspiration for another member :lol:

The irony of it all? I went to that same high school, and I saw my first Starion ever driving past there too.

So I'm driving home from work, with a cop behind me in traffic. He was on his cell phone, I'm not violating any laws, so all is peachy king. Till his lights came on and he did a little woop woop! So I pull into a parking lot and he sits behind me. He comes up to the window, all serious, and says

" Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?"

"... to be honest sir, not really -laughs-"

" Sir, I pulled you over because my son just bought a black Chrysler Conquest the other day. According to him, who I just got off the phone with, you're the car that he's seen that inspired him to purchase one."

I was literally speechless. All I could do was laugh. Turns out his son, who's 16 and a junior in HS would always be after school doign activities, around the same time I would always drive by. According to his father, the police officer, he was so intent on finding out what the car was that he insisted on staying after school on day to be on the sidewalk to see what the car was. Gave him my information, this club's website, and when the officer asked me if there's anything they should know about the car, I told him to remind his son that it's a turbocharged car, the car can get away from a driver quick if he's not careful, nor used to it. That aside, they have their own individual quirks, but a good tune up of plugs, air filter, oil change, injector pigtails, and such and it should be good to go.

It's the best feeling in the world to know your car was the inspiration for another member :lol:

The irony of it all? I went to that same high school, and I saw my first Starion ever driving past there too.

FREEKIN AWESOME!! that's so wicked.

PROP's.

policeman taps his shades, is that a Chevy, 69?

How bizarre....lol great song.

and, that sounds like my dad...saw a Jag go sideways across an intersection, sounding pretty good...he pulled the guy over just to ask what was in it...next thing you know...hoods open to reveal a Chevy 383 stroker, and the car talk began...lol

the cool cops...the ones that became cops so that they can get away with the driving related stuff... :)

I have my license, just no ID card :D I dont get that till Feburary :(

Also, no pics because A) I don't tote my digital camera everywhere and B) I haven't upped to a new phone since I destroyed my last one under the hood <_<

Once in my Life something of that nature happened to me. I rode by a Female Mounted officer on my RC-51 i had few years back, must have scared her horse cause she like motioned for me to pull over ( the horse didn't have any lights or sirens ) and she said my bike was a little loud and if i could Rev it up for her. I did, to red-line. She about had my baby on the spot, and said Thank you, have a GREAT day. Yeah i was like 25mph over the limit too, my everlasting Charm....

NOT MINE but EXACT color scheme i had

http://www.rc51.org/gallery/ldhnews.jpg

Once in my Life something of that nature happened to me. I rode by a Female Mounted officer on my RC-51 i had few years back, must have scared her horse cause she like motioned for me to pull over ( the horse didn't have any lights or sirens ) and she said my bike was a little loud and if i could Rev it up for her. I did, to red-line. She about had my baby on the spot, and said Thank you, have a GREAT day. Yeah i was like 25mph over the limit too, my everlasting Charm....

Those things are absolutely insane. One time I was with a friend, he has a CTS-V, 400hp stock. He had a super on it as well so im not sure how much exactly it was pumping out but we pulled up next to a honda 1000 RC-51. He revved a bit and we figured we would give him a run for his money....well....we didnt, thing took off liek we were sitting still.

something similiar happenned to me when I got my 2nd conquest. It was pulling out of the parking lot of my school dorms and this cop blocks my way. So I get out and he tells me hes got one and I told him about Jason Koldas site(thats how long ago this is) and to check it out for any info.

Oh FYI.. V twins with open cans are like the best sound ever!

I got pulled 2 nights ago.

Freezing cold, 20 degrees. On my way to the blockbuster to return some movies that were overdue (since my girlfriend has hijacked my netflicks)

Cop follows me for about 4 blocks, throws on the lights. I pull into the parking lot, up to the blockbuster and stop. Since people getting shot for holding cell phones etc, I sit there, turn the dome light on. turn off the car. Wait.

3 more cop cars show up.

The officer comes up. " Im pulling you over because those tags dont go with that car". Im like :rolleyes: "Umm.. yes they do."

Officer: 'These tags are registered to a 89 Chrysler COncorde'

Me: "Umm.. THis is a 89 chrysler conquest. Here is my registration"

Officer "Umm..scratching head" ..At this point Im trying not to be a smartass or anything. Mistakes happen.

Me: "Did they misspell the name of the car in the computer or something?" "Its spelled right on my registration". AT this point he is looking at the vin on the dash (through the window). He checks the registration sticker on the windshield. THey they all have a few words with each other and let me go.

Concorde / Conquest : I guess if i was 8 hours into a 12 hour shift I would make the same mistake.

LOL

I had something like this happen to me.

I notice every now and then a car would follow.

About 3 months later I put my eclipse up for sale at a friends house.

Some how this guy know I had both cars and know my friend.

Long story short it is her Dentist, that has been trying to talk to me since his 16 year old son seen my car and wanted one.

Kind of neat feeling.

Fanta, why are you still doing drive-by's at a high school? Looking for the next Mrs. Fanta?

I drive by my high school everyday on the way home...? It's not like I roll through the bus lanes.

Hmm, to put it into perspective, my old high school is huge. I think this year its population of students is ~4,200, so you end up driving by the soccer field, baseball/softball fields, tennis courts, and the indoor pool/swim team place. So my car is well within eyesight ;)

great story fanta!! i too am a jr in high school, found out about starquests about 7 months ago, 3 months later i had one. had to sell everything i owned to get it, including my 2006 rm250 for 3200 bucks!! lol. im not you're average ricer kid tho thats gonna beat on my car, so i dont want all of you guys pissed at me, because i know you're guys views about a 17 year old having a quest. and i do everything on the car myself. just to let you know, the girls in my high school LOVE my car, its a chick magnet, Fiji TSi. just wait till the BOV comes in a few weeks ;)

Graham