GP ON PAUTER RODS? INTERESTED?

Trilogy Turbos

I have to rebuild a couple of engines here and customers want the Pauter rods on the setup. So... I want to see how many of you would be interested on a GP for the rods.

Price on the set of 4 is $792.00 and I'll charge only $8.00 for shipping, total $800.00 even.

Tks,

Heron

Trilogy Turbos

Yeah they were showing up on ebay in combo with a new set of wisecos for about a grand a while back. That's how I got mine. I considered it $600 for rods and $400 for pistons, which to me was a smokin' deal.

Any chance you get compete with that if you change this to a package deal?

Yeah they were showing up on ebay in combo with a new set of wisecos for about a grand a while back. That's how I got mine. I considered it $600 for rods and $400 for pistons, which to me was a smokin' deal.

Any chance you get compete with that if you change this to a package deal?

The owner of Pauter told me not to sell the rods below $792! Unless I get more then 15 people for this I don't think I can drop the price that low without his consent. If I do that I'll never be able to buy from him again! I can get the pistons at a very good price so maybe a combo? You guys tell me what would be the best combo and I'll talk to the supliers.

Tks.

Heron

Trilogy Turbos

15 buyers for a GP like this is not realistic. If a combo is the only way you may be able to work a good deal then I have to ask which piston maker has the better forged product, JE or Wiseco?? Thanks for looking into this!

The owner of Pauter told me not to sell the rods below $792! Unless I get more then 15 people for this I don't think I can drop the price that low without his consent. If I do that I'll never be able to buy from him again! I can get the pistons at a very good price so maybe a combo? You guys tell me what would be the best combo and I'll talk to the supliers.

Tks.

Heron

Trilogy Turbos

JE or Wiseco really doesn't matter. Whatever you can get the better deal on. I'm interested. I'd try to leave the piston oversize negotiable per order too.

What about CP pistons? Used on other rebuilds and they perform realy well.

I'll contact them too and see what we can get.

Tks,

Heron

Trilogy Turbos

"I am a simple man, easily satisfied with the best." That being said, I want JE or Wiseco forged pistons.

What about CP pistons? Used on other rebuilds and they perform realy well.

I'll contact them too and see what we can get.

Tks,

Heron

Trilogy Turbos

Edited by Dan

Simple question here, is TEP is selling the pauter for 735 how in the world are u gonna get in this so called trouble? nonetheless how come they cant do the better price for u too?

I'm just following what Pauter said. I know if I buy like 10 sets I'll probably be at the same price as TEP. Can we get 10 guys? That is the question.

Tks,

Heron

Trilogy Turbos

I'm just following what Pauter said. I know if I buy like 10 sets I'll probably be at the same price as TEP. Can we get 10 guys? That is the question.

Tks,

Heron

Trilogy Turbos

Kinda' doubt it Heron. Hate to say it. It's just that these rods require clearancing the block. You can't just bolt them in. A machine shop should do the assembly and prep on these. Factor in the cost of the rods and pistons and you're talking about a $2000 minimum short block at that point, and $2k is a stretch. $2500 is more reasonable, especially if you have to ship it. Unfortunately I don't think there are 10 questers ready to pony up to that. You might get guys to buy for future plans though so good luck.

Kinda' begs the question, "why bother with a GP to get to another company's every day price" though.

Tks,

Heron

Trilogy Turbos

Maybe TEP can make you a better deal or do a special purchase for 5 or 6 sets, for less than going direct through Pauter? TEP's actually a large supplier for many vehicles so they probably have one of the lowest discounts with Pauter.

Some places just dont give the smaller outfits a big enough discount to compete with their "big" retailers...and thats on purpose.

• 1 month later...

I'm not trying to pee on anyone's GP parade and by all means if you have the extra cash laying around to buy high dollar rods go for it but I would guess not that many do. Very simply the stock rods (NOT RACE PREPPED OR BUSHED RODS) can take over 500 lb/ft of torque all day long which is more than most will ever see. I can point you to several people including myself that can back up that claim.

Looking at the Pauter rod the big end doesn't look any bigger than the stock rod with the exception of the beam being wider so it doesn't appear they would have a clearance problem.

Even if you were going to buy them and personally I would go without before I spent a cent with SLOP END, who would pay almost $60.00 more? $792 vs. $735

Just as a side note I don't know who manages SLOP's website but they must be a complete idiot. In the Pauter Rod link DAD posted it states in the first sentence that they carry two different 4340 rods and go on to explain why you need them. Then just under that they put a note that states in big bold lettering they no longer carry the PAR rods. I guess its better to confuse the customer instead of just updating the pics and say what you actually carry.

With all that said the question is just why? I'd put the money up top into a multiport setup, build the head or invest in a turbo before dropping it on a set of overkill rods but that's just my point of view.

I'm not trying to pee on anyone's GP parade and by all means if you have the extra cash laying around to buy high dollar rods go for it but I would guess not that many do. Very simply the stock rods (NOT RACE PREPPED OR BUSHED RODS) can take over 500 lb/ft of torque all day long which is more than most will ever see. I can point you to several people including myself that can back up that claim.

Looking at the Pauter rod the big end doesn't look any bigger than the stock rod with the exception of the beam being wider so it doesn't appear they would have a clearance problem.

Even if you were going to buy them and personally I would go without before I spent a cent with SLOP END, who would pay almost $60.00 more? $792 vs. $735

Just as a side note I don't know who manages SLOP's website but they must be a complete idiot. In the Pauter Rod link DAD posted it states in the first sentence that they carry two different 4340 rods and go on to explain why you need them. Then just under that they put a note that states in big bold lettering they no longer carry the PAR rods. I guess its better to confuse the customer instead of just updating the pics and say what you actually carry.

With all that said the question is just why? I'd put the money up top into a multiport setup, build the head or invest in a turbo before dropping it on a set of overkill rods but that's just my point of view.

We are not starting this GP since there is not enough people interested. Most people want to go "safe". But thanks for the comment.

Heron

Trilogy Turbos

561 882-4000 shop

954 274-8110 cell