Need New Injectors

Hernz

i just found out my injectors are bad i think they are leaking. I am going to try some that work off of my friends running car to make sure this is the problem, but if i need to get new ones which ones should i get. I was looking at FuelInjectorclinic and Trilogy Turbos. FIC has OEM for 225.00 n upgrade for 265.00. Trilogy has 650/950 or 850/850 for 225.00. What are the difference between each? I dont know if i should go OEM or get upgraded ones. I have an 88 rebuilt motor with a 12a on stock boost but plan on maybe going big 16g around august, also once i get everything running good ill probably raise the boost on the 12a. so i dont want to get an OEM pair if they are not going to work good with the big 16g and i dont want to get an upgraded pair if it is going to be too much for the 12a. This is my daily driver.

I have 2 used delphis here, 65lb and 95lb...800 miles on them.

Yours for the low low price of $185 shipped. :)

not too much for the 12a at stock boost...but, fuel mileage will suffer a little.

Edited by strang3majik

What about running 55/95? Does that lean things out too much?

This is what Truth has along with a MAF-T. I don't think lean is an issue with these. None of them have the factory spray pattern unless I've missed something along the way.

The OEM injector sprays a wide cone

do a bit of reading here:

http://www.fuelinjectorclinic.com/injector...hnical/faq.html

its the ones mentoned

http://www.fuelinjectorclinic.com/injector...n-conquest.html

BUT before I'd spend all that money I'd invest the $36 to see if your just need cleaned:

http://www.witchhunter.com/

Order a throttlebody rebuild kit and while those are being cleaned you rebuild your throttlebody

http://www.fuelinjectorconnection.com You might want to call and speak to Jon Banner: 1-770-888-1662 Tell him what your running, and what you want to do. He will take care of you. Don't forget.... If your running a high-performance set up he has larger injectors. P.S. Jon Banner machines the modified Delphi injectors that FIC sells. Better to go to the source right off the bat :thumbsup:

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

I sent my OEM injectors to WitchHunter months ago a while back and ended up finding out that they we're bad and they stuck open at start up and flooded my engine... So I got rid of those and got the Trilogy 650/950's along wit a Trilogy fuel pressure regulator and I noticed a slight gain in performance...

ok guys i finally got a chance to put the working injectors in and changed the spark plugs. i went to turn on the car and it started smoking. i had to keep it accelerated cuz it would turn off if i let go of the gas. it keep on somking so i decided to turn it off and turn it back on again and it i didnt wanna start. i checked the new plugs and they where black and wet. i heard it could be the coolant temp sensor but i dont know where that is located. im kinda of a noob mechanic lol. since i guess my injectors are good im going to send them to which hunter like you guys recomended. i dont know whats going on with this car please help.

Starting at the beginning:

If you by chance reversed the injectors on the clips it would do what you describe. If it does this right away when engine is cold it's probably not caused by CTS. This does not mean CTS is good - but it is not really doing anything when engine is cold.

You have to be dumping a ton of excess fuel at startup to be getting smoke - black-ish color, right?

Guest Kenmarrow
http://www.fuelinjectorconnection.com You might want to call and speak to Jon Banner: 1-770-888-1662 Tell him what your running, and what you want to do. He will take care of you. Don't forget.... If your running a high-performance set up he has larger injectors. P.S. Jon Banner machines the modified Delphi injectors that FIC sells. Better to go to the source right off the bat :thumbsup:

CALIBER 308

I just put a set of these on a 89 TSI STOCKER 650/950 and they work great

I got mine cleaned @ witchhunter a few years ago and they messured 580cc and 1080cc. Has anyone used a 600cc and a 1050 with a stock daily driver? How bad will my MPG change if I change out to after market injectors?

Does anyone have any information on how much gas mileage will change if going to Fuel Injection Clinic's OEM injectors for the 87-89 Starquests?

Thanks

KEN

the difference in gas milage is minamal no matter what inj's you have. any gas milage is better than none. i have a pro2r and a few other mods and i did lose some miles per gallon but i get to where i'm going a lot faster so it equals out.

i just found out my injectors are bad i think they are leaking. I am going to try some that work off of my friends running car to make sure this is the problem, but if i need to get new ones which ones should i get. I was looking at FuelInjectorclinic and Trilogy Turbos. FIC has OEM for 225.00 n upgrade for 265.00. Trilogy has 650/950 or 850/850 for 225.00. What are the difference between each? I dont know if i should go OEM or get upgraded ones. I have an 88 rebuilt motor with a 12a on stock boost but plan on maybe going big 16g around august, also once i get everything running good ill probably raise the boost on the 12a. so i dont want to get an OEM pair if they are not going to work good with the big 16g and i dont want to get an upgraded pair if it is going to be too much for the 12a. This is my daily driver.

not that its mentioned in the above post BUT.... I have a 1g air mass. and I replaced my TB and started my car and had the same issues your having. I hadn't touched the thing so never looked at it (but) a friend had...he plugged it in up side down. lol I had to buy new injectors to find out mine were good. my point being you may wana go over any thing that controls if the car is running in "CHOKE" mode. as it sounds like your delivery for fuel looks good.

you never know it may just be something little.

Hope you get it fixed.