motor mounts

mig8788

i am currently making polyurathene motor mounts tranny mounts and rear end mounts. they will be sold as a set and will come ready to drop in. i am asking $300.00 for the set plus shipping. i am planning on having them done by the end of jan or sooner. i just want to no who might be interested in a set.

i would but thats is a pretty hi price i think. what durometer?

I'm kinda working on this with Mig. He is gonna be making these in sets, and they will be better quality than what you can buy from any other source and I dont think $300+ shipping is too high at all. He will be having ALL the metal parts powder coated before the mounts are assembled. If you can find a complete set (Motor Tranny and Rear end) for less than that, buy all you can and re-sale them. Hey Mig. I'll take a set.

BC_99

No Greg, in no way was any of that directed at you. You bought OEM mounts. Thats as good as anyone could do, without stiffening it up. I was referring to....

"What keeps people from grinding off the old mount pads and getting a tube of window weld and making their own mounts about about $40.00?"

making motor mounts with cheap epoxy. So please dont take any offense to the last post. I get very aggrivated when some folks I've run across and read posts from on this site assume the worst about anyone that doesnt find the cheapest way possible to "Rig" their car together or, in this case, is trying to produce parts for these cars at a higher quality and lower cost than what is available now. I say this because I just boughta set of Stedbani mounts and know that Mig can make them alot nicer and less expensive than what I paid for them. I guess maybe new people to the site arent aloud opinions or thoughts of their own without permission until their 1000th post regardless of how many years they have working on and tuning cars. Oh well now I know.

BC_99

• 2 weeks later...

I will talk with Mig about it and we'll see what they look like and how hard they might be to make. If you have any requests, i.e powdercoated, durometer of poly, ect. please post em or pm myself or Mig so he and I can get some ideas together. I know he has already done a carbon fiber guage face plate for his OEM guages. It looks really sweet. He has also done a 3 hole carbon fiber guage pod for his aftermarket guages that mounts where the heat and ac controls normally go, and he relocated them to the radio area with an aftermarket radio. It all looks really clean, I will see about some pictures. He was talking about buying a sheet or 2 of carbon and doing up a batch of them, so if anyones interested, send a PM.

BC_99

• 2 weeks later...
If you would like to take up something that isnt already available, look into replicating the torque tube bushings. I dont believe they have ever been done in poly and the top pair are NLA from Mitsubishi

The bushings are included in the MK or 101propose (forget which dude) bushing set that is always on ebay. He has a set that has a crap load of red bushings and in that is the TT bushings. FYI guys. However doesnt give trans/engine mounts of course lol. He wont sell the TT bushings seperate i dont think but u can message him from ebay and ask.

Edited by tsiconquest88

The bushings are included in the MK or 101propose (forget which dude) bushing set that is always on ebay. He has a set that has a crap load of red bushings and in that is the TT bushings. FYI guys. However doesnt give trans/engine mounts of course lol. He wont sell the TT bushings seperate i dont think but u can message him from ebay and ask.

Sorry, the TT bushings are NOT included in either the MK1 or the Stedbani kits. You might be mistaken as to what bushings we're talking about.

See: http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.p...st&p=842252

Edited by 89PalermoSHP

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i am unemployed right now but when i get a job i might take a set. do you have any pics of what exactly i would get

Mig pretty much aborted this idea because he and I got flamed by so many people for trying to make something that was already being produced. You may send him a PM and see if he is planning on ever doing em. He is in a hold on his car at the moment, so he didnt pursue this further, but will be back working on it soon. Sorry,

BC_99