What to do with spare parts?

JustinD23

Well I found a use for a bad input shaft replaced in a rebuild of a 88-89 transmission. It's been sitting in my shed for a couple years now I guess, so I took it, and some old silverware,and bearings downs to the sculpture studio on campus. It's my first real welding experience, but I thought you all may enjoy...

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5897/img4371oh4.jpg

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1711/img4377hb2.jpg

I always thought some polished 8's and a glass top would look cool as a coffee table. Ofcourse I am married and this will remain a dream till one day I can have a man cave.. MAN CAVE...

Several years ago I worked in the home of the owner of an import car dealership. The son had a pair of Porsche rims with nice tires, stacked, with a glass top, used as a night table. I really wanted those tires.

LOL Justin... that's awesome. What'd you weld with, TIG... MIG??

I always thought some polished 8's and a glass top would look cool as a coffee table. Ofcourse I am married and this will remain a dream till one day I can have a man cave.. MAN CAVE...

To the MAN CAVE!!

-Robert

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback. I used a MIG welder, plasma torch to cut the silverware, and a sand-blaster to clean up the input shaft. There are no intentions of selling it. I have it sitting with some of my other art work here in the house. For those of you motivated enough, maybe try something like this on your own. Turn you bad parts into art, and the better half will have a little bit less to complain about so far as our cars are concerned. A little ;) And hey, in this economy, it can't hurt to save a buck or two when it's time to hand out gifts.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback. I used a MIG welder, plasma torch to cut the silverware, and a sand-blaster to clean up the input shaft. There are no intentions of selling it. I have it sitting with some of my other art work here in the house. For those of you motivated enough, maybe try something like this on your own. Turn you bad parts into art, and the better half will have a little bit less to complain about so far as our cars are concerned. A little ;) And hey, in this economy, it can't hurt to save a buck or two when it's time to hand out gifts.

I have enough car parts in the garage and the backyard. If I start putting them around the house and calling them art the wife might kill me.

BTW that's a good looking piece you made.