interesting theory

OutcastZeroOne

:confused0024: Empathetic? I don't imagine so. But the amount of care you put into it will result in a better running car. If you want to chalk this up to empathy then whatever. If take of your car like crap, guess what it will run like it too.

For me it's just that the cars sort of "drive us", vice us driving the cars. If you have to give someone a 10 minute brief to let them drive your car then yours is a "nuanced" driving experience to say the least.

My '86 gaves it life for me...I was swiped by a big rig on i495 and spun out while doing 80mph (yes I know I was speeding and not smart) and I slammed head on to the far right wall and walked away from it. Mind you I was in the far left lane when I got hit and I wasn't wearing my seat belt. My '86 saved my life and I even tried to save its heart and implant to another quest but that didn't happen when the shop stole my money and went out of business. Cars were sent to the dump and I never heard from them again.

I was driving mine today and had to go home after 45 mintues or so, I was getting too nervous. I don't know why but I'm scared to drive mine now. Also, the rear artinist "coil overs" were telling me to throw in my eibachs to match the front. quiet suspension ftw.

For me it's just that the cars sort of "drive us", vice us driving the cars. If you have to give someone a 10 minute brief to let them drive your car then yours is a "nuanced" driving experience to say the least.

"Nuanced" driving.

That is the perfect description.

what do you mean "can post"? Was he banned or blocked from posting something?

he's had this weird issue since forever where he'll make a post and soon after it just disappears

he's changed computers, IP's, etc and it still happens

my opinion is that our approach to machines, is much different from our approach to cars, which are just machines, really. and i beleive that our approach to cars is very similar to our approach to other humans, which is to say, we listen to them to receive input, we have to "take care" of them for them to "treat us right", they "respond" to our wants from the driver seat, and they reward us for our efforts towards them (sometimes). It's an experience for all the senses to drive a car, unlike any other machine.

also cars all do behave different from each other, so they are almost, in a way, as individual as us.

not hard for humans who like to give life to things, to assign a personality to a car though none exists, hell all my cars have names :sweatingitout: