Roller Rocker problem

so if you could get a roller that perform'd same as the sliper cam you'd not change it .

every change made in auto engine did not spacifly relate to more power ,but any thing that makes the engine turn easier and with less power need'd just to turn it relates to more useable power and better driveability and possibily more mpg

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a *clear* distinction between building a 'quick' car and one for 'feel'.

You musta missed that. ;) Never suggested one or the other to anybody.

"10sec" was ONLY introduced in this thread with respect to oe cam perf ability.

Negative remarks prompted my comments. Does that deem one a drag racer perse ?

A full wt 10sec GN has no downside FYI. The scary acceleration, if/when used on the

street is a bit over the top for me tho.

10sec potential is only realized when "set on kill"... ie. Tires (slicks or ET

street), boost wound up, fuel..... not your daily driver trim, where they can

knock down 30+mph, have excellent response & plaster u in the seatback at will.

Another example; that puny 1.8 in the video I posted was only @23psi street trim.

Does it look like fun ? Ran 11.2 with old setup and 80hp less.

A 10sec, reliable, fun street car, on a reasonable budget is possible.... strictly depends on how clever the setup.

Nothing in my 2.6 combo degrades my drivability, response, mileage or fun factor.

Oe smooth idle, torquey, quick spin up, soft clutch. Why wouldn't it be a blast ?

We'll see how quick this "budget daily driver" goes... against conventional wisdom

well now that you bring it up,

eipquest oe cam tq/driveability, responsive T04B comparable in size to a 20G and deserts' ebay T-70 mpi setup that recently reported 33mpg.

What exactly makes it no longer a fun street car ?

This thread is getting old. If you think your car runs better with the stock slipper cam FINE. If you have a roller set up and you like the way your car runs FINE. Lets put a end to this madness ;)

CALIBER 308