any predictions for tonights Biden - Palin debate???

patra_is_here

I'm telling you the best theatre was when she lobbed him that extra special VP Contitutional power trash. He teed that thing up and knocked it totally out of the park. Where the hell did she come up with that? Allowing him to invoke Cheney? Sends shivers up folks spines.

yes that was AWESOME.

She had NO idea what part of the constitution was even being referenced, let alone what was the smartest answer. He destroyed her on that question but missed a chance to crush her when she tried to call him out for "focusing too much on the past". The question was specifically about the mistakes of the Bush administration. He HAD TO talk about the past to answer it and if she had had any interest in answering the questions she would have recognized that. I can't believe he said "the past is prologue" instead of "the question was specifically about the errors of the past. how else would I have answered it?"

Who in our society even gets a piece of rhetoric like "the past is prologue". Missed opportunity Joe.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i vote for none of the above

none of them is worth voting for

but since i have too i will be voting for who i think would be the best at the job and thats some one thats done the job the longest

wt....?

i assume Obama believes the same thing being "christian".

Sorry StarV8, but that is one of the more ignorant things I've heard in quite a while. Nice job assuming. I suppose that means I believe it being christian.

Back to the debate.... I don't see any way that Biden didn't win. And I'm not sure how it happened, but he managed to get the last word on many of the topics, which I thought was kinda bad for her (and the rep party). I also really liked her "soccer mom" crap getting shot down when he pulled out his single father business and his tear-jerk moment. And I know I'm not the first (or probably last) but I could not stand her overuse of "maverick" and "also." Not to mention she really didn't seem to respond to some of the questions.......

dc

yes that was AWESOME.

She had NO idea what part of the constitution was even being referenced, let alone what was the smartest answer. He destroyed her on that question but missed a chance to crush her when she tried to call him out for "focusing too much on the past". The question was specifically about the mistakes of the Bush administration. He HAD TO talk about the past to answer it and if she had had any interest in answering the questions she would have recognized that. I can't believe he said "the past is prologue" instead of "the question was specifically about the errors of the past. how else would I have answered it?"

Who in our society even gets a piece of rhetoric like "the past is prologue". Missed opportunity Joe.

Good point.

Sorry StarV8, but that is one of the more ignorant things I've heard in quite a while. Nice job assuming. I suppose that means I believe it being christian.

Back to the debate.... I don't see any way that Biden didn't win. And I'm not sure how it happened, but he managed to get the last word on many of the topics, which I thought was kinda bad for her (and the rep party). I also really liked her "soccer mom" crap getting shot down when he pulled out his single father business and his tear-jerk moment. And I know I'm not the first (or probably last) but I could not stand her overuse of "maverick" and "also." Not to mention she really didn't seem to respond to some of the questions.......

dc

They both got the last word depending on who got the question. You remember his "last words" because they were really perfectly pointed at truths most of us understand. Hers were more fluffy.

dc

ignorant?

this man has tip toed his way on what his religion is.he says he is a christian.lets hear what his beliefs are.

ignorant?

this man has tip toed his way on what his religion is.he says he is a christian.lets hear what his beliefs are.

Are you speaking about Obama again?? Have you thought that maybe he doesn't want people to know what branch of Christianity he is because he doesn't want it swaying votes? Or maybe that he believes the separation of church and state applies to EVERY part of the government and therefore will not bring in his personal beliefs?

Do you not remember the whole hub-ub about his ex-preacher? How many public comments did he make about it? Not many. Why? That is not an issue the voters should focus on, and he knew that. Explain to me why his beliefs make him worthy or not worthy of holding office.

Are you speaking about Obama again?? Have you thought that maybe he doesn't want people to know what branch of Christianity he is because he doesn't want it swaying votes? Or maybe that he believes the separation of church and state applies to EVERY part of the government and therefore will not bring in his personal beliefs?

Do you not remember the whole hub-ub about his ex-preacher? How many public comments did he make about it? Not many. Why? That is not an issue the voters should focus on, and he knew that. Explain to me why his beliefs make him worthy or not worthy of holding office.

can we all say this unison...hypocrit

you dare attack palin on her "religion" but yet excuse Obama for not sharing his...lol

you left wingers..hahahahaha you want i all and you want it now..lol

palin believes noah's ark actually happened. not that it was an analogy to something, or that it was just primitive man's explanation to things he didnt understand. she believes a guy built a boat, and put all the animals on it, including dinosaurs, while god flooded the earth.

i dont want that sort of logic in the white house. sorry.

this above was one of the posts a few pages back.lets not call out ones religion and then say the other gets a free pass.

your quotes

Obama is a Christian, and always has been.

really? lets see what he believes in.

Nuclear: pronounced noo-klee-ur

unless you are Dubya or Palin...

then it's: Nuclear: pronounced nu-ku-lur

i guess pronouncing words are more important than fixing the economy?

how trivial.different regions of the US has different pronunciations.jesus.this is more like 3rd grade.I expect someone from the left to start saying "your momma". :confused0024:

Edited by Star_V8_Quest

Palin did a great job of dodging questions... and appealed to the bottom 1/2 of the public IQ in America.

Not only does she appeal to the bottom half of IQ of the public, but she appeals to many in the upper half as well.

Barack would meet with the president of Iran with the attitude as he was attending some sort of informal backyard BBQ. Barack has already supported (in-action, not words) the president of Iran speaking at a major U.S. university...

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/20...-defends-c.html

Obama Defends Columbia's Ahmadinejad Invite

September 24, 2007 1:07 PM

ABC News' Jonathan Greenberger Reports: Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., defended the right of his alma mater, Columbia University, to invite Iranian President Ahmadinejad to speak, but he also said that if were president of the university, he would not have made the same decision.

"One of the values that we believe in is the value of academic freedom. They have the right to invite people to speak," Obama said during an on-camera press conference Monday. "It's not a choice I would have made, but we don't need to be fearful of the rantings of somebody like Ahmadinejad. All we need to do is just to know what our values and ideals are and be clear about what America stands for."

Obama said he would have denied Ahmadinejad the opportunity to speak at Columbia because the Iranian president has "other forums" available to him in New York, including his speech at the United Nations.

Still, Obama continued to insist that as president, he would be willing to meet one-on-one with Ahmadinejad.

Even Hillary said meeting with him would be a rookie-mistake...

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/...th-ahmadinejad/

Sen. Hillary Clinton, criticized Obama earlier this year for saying he would meet with Ahmadinejad during a debate, called his comments irresponsible and attacked the Illinois senator for being inexperienced.

Sarah appeals to the upper IQ, because she has a clear understanding of the importance of setting the terms of discussion before meeting with a known enemy of the U.S.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/09/26/Pal...81241222434493/

NEW YORK, Sept. 26 (UPI) -- Sarah Palin, the Republican vice presidential nominee, says she wouldn't negotiate with some world leaders without preconditions.

In an interview... the Alaska governor said Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, in particular, would be one she wouldn't sit down with unless ground rules were set beforehand.

"Barack Obama is so off base in his proclamation that he would meet with some of these leaders around our world who would seek to destroy America and that, and without preconditions being met," she said."That's beyond naive. And it's beyond bad judgment."

you dare attack palin on her "religion" but yet excuse Obama for not sharing his...lol

No we can't say that in unison. The person who announces their religion every chance they get will be the one who gets attacked for his or her beliefs. If Palin didn't try to sure up her conservative evangelical base every chance she got then she wouldn't be criticized for holding the belief, as all young earth creationists must, that dinosaurs must have been part of God's creation and therefore must have been on the Arc with Noah and two of every other kind of animal.

this above was one of the posts a few pages back.lets not call out ones religion and then say the other gets a free pass.

Wrong. He has no obligation what-so-ever to share his beliefs, and neither does palin, but she chose to, so she opened the floor to criticism of said beliefs. Taking or aspiring to public office doesn't mean he has to share his personal views on religion. In fact his somewhat more obligated to promise us that he will NEVER allow his religion to influence is governance, which Biden, like JFK, has done. I have not heard Obama say the same thing but I suspect he has or would. Religion's role in government is required by our constitution to be nearly non-existent in this country. the fact that he recognizes that should only making him more appealing, not less.

how trivial.different regions of the US has different pronunciations.jesus.this is more like 3rd grade.I expect someone from the left to start saying "your momma". :confused0024:

hahahahaha, you're a trip You just compared dialectical differences to errors in pronunciation. There certainly are places in the country where dialect makes it virtually impossible to carry on a conversation with someone, but there's no 'region' of the US where we just say "nucular" because that's our "dialect". There's also no place in America where it's ok to be so out of touch that you haven't heard the repeated Bush bashing that includes criticism of his pronunciation of some words. That she missed ALL THOSE STORIES and all those jokes and all those supreme court rulings, is simply disturbing.

Face it, she's a moron who smiles pretty and appeals to our dumb side. I guess it's no surprise you love her.

yeah the debate last night was good.

a few times palin would speak of her ticket and their views/goals, and i started to consider them as a possibility, but then biden would come in and completely and in detail, defend his ticket and destroy palins stance.

from a strictly 'debate' stand point, biden won, beyond a doubt.

but, in a 'popularity' contest that is the presidential elections, palin did very well for herself and her ticket.

biden was actually too smart for most viewers

"the past is prologue" was brilliant, yet, most americans don't know what prologue means.

also, when biden said "to not judge ones motivations, but judge their decision making" was a great insight to him as a person and politician, yet im afraid most people missed that

No we can't say that in unison. The person who announces their religion every chance they get will be the one who gets attacked for his or her beliefs. If Palin didn't try to sure up her conservative evangelical base every chance she got then she wouldn't be criticized for holding the belief, as all young earth creationists must, that dinosaurs must have been part of God's creation and therefore must have been on the Arc with Noah and two of every other kind of animal.

Wrong. He has no obligation what-so-ever to share his beliefs, and neither does palin, but she chose to, so she opened the floor to criticism of said beliefs. Taking or aspiring to public office doesn't mean he has to share his personal views on religion. In fact his somewhat more obligated to promise us that he will NEVER allow his religion to influence is governance, which Biden, like JFK, has done. I have not heard Obama say the same thing but I suspect he has or would. Religion's role in government is required by our constitution to be nearly non-existent in this country. the fact that he recognizes that should only making him more appealing, not less.

hahahahaha, you're a trip You just compared dialectical differences to errors in pronunciation. There certainly are places in the country where dialect makes it virtually impossible to carry on a conversation with someone, but there's no 'region' of the US where we just say "nucular" because that's our "dialect". There's also no place in America where it's ok to be so out of touch that you haven't heard the repeated Bush bashing that includes criticism of his pronunciation of some words. That she missed ALL THOSE STORIES and all those jokes and all those supreme court rulings, is simply disturbing.

I couldn't agree more with you Chip, thanks for clarifying for StarV8. If she puts herself out there like that, I am well within my rights to say whatever I feel about it. If Obama wants to use his right to keep as much of his life private as he wants, that's fine by me (which could change the way some people vote).

yeah the debate last night was good.

a few times palin would speak of her ticket and their views/goals, and i started to consider them as a possibility, but then biden would come in and completely and in detail, defend his ticket and destroy palins stance.

That was how I took a lot of it.... I don't completely know all of their views/goals (probably not much different than most voters - although at least I recognize it). Biden did seem to do a much better job of clarifying both of their views/goals than Palin, although I'm not sure if that's just him talking or if that is exactly where both of their plans fall.

dc

I did not attack Palin on her religion. Read back and try again.

really? lets see what he believes in.

He is Church Of Christ. Do some research.

how trivial.different regions of the US has different pronunciations. jesus. this is more like 3rd grade. I expect someone from the left to start saying "your momma". :confused0024:

No, different regions do not pronounced nuclear differently. Uneducated pronounce nuclear differently. Sen. Joe Biden is the only one of the two VP candidates that has ANY control over helping fix the economy. Keep in mind he is a Senator, not Palin.

what does how a word is pronounce'd in diff parts of the country got to do with any thing i'l bet they all know what it means

heres one for you

Houston most would say hu-s-ton

but he same spelling for an ohio town where i'm from is pronounce'd hous-ton

Edited by Shelby

In one of the previous threads, someone took a shot at Obama for calling McCain "John" instead of Senator McCain even though they are both senators.

I was only able to listen to a few minutes of this debate on the radio but I did hear Palin call Biden "Joe" even though she is not a senator.

Like I said, I only heard a few minutes of it. Did Biden call Palin "Sarah"?

In one of the previous threads, someone took a shot at Obama for calling McCain "John" instead of Senator McCain even though they are both senators.

I was only able to listen to a few minutes of this debate on the radio but I did hear Palin call Biden "Joe" even though she is not a senator.

Like I said, I only heard a few minutes of it. Did Biden call Palin "Sarah"?

she leaned into his mic at the beginning and asked permission to call him Joe but then never did. It was totally staged and totally gay, but I'm sure they both rehearsed quite a bit. there were no occasions that I know of where she actually called him Joe in the debate. Biden was also very careful to recognize that she was a Governor. I'm sure they were both heavily coached to be cordial and respectful to one another, and it showed.

When she went down the "more power for the VP" road though I could have sworn Joe was holding back a laugh because he knew he was about to destroy her dumb a**.

He is Church Of Christ. Do some research.

Didn't Barack once say that he visited every corner of the United States -- 57 states with one left to go?

Wasn't Barack's step-father, Lolo Soetoro? Didn't Barack live in Indonesia, where the dominant religion is Islam?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolo_Soetoro

According to a 2007 Chicago Tribune article, "Soetoro was much more of a free spirit than a devout Muslim, according to former friends and neighbors."[9] Soetoro was Muslim;[6][10] in a general way. Islam is the religion of a majority of Indonesians. His wife, however, did not hold the same beliefs.

Per The Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) own website, their membership includes 57 states.

http://www.oic-oci.org/oicnew/page_detail.asp?p_id=52

The Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) is the second largest inter-governmental organization after the United Nations which has membership of 57 states spread over four continents. The Organization is the collective voice of the Muslim world and ensuring to safeguard and protect the interests of the Muslim world in the spirit of promoting international peace and harmony among various people of the world.

I understand that Barack was mentally exhausted after several consecutive days of traveling from state-to-state. I could understand if he said 52 -- 50 states plus Alaska and Hawaii. I could understand 48 -- 48 continental states. But of all numbers, how did he arrive at 57?

Yes, Barack attends the United Church of Christ.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/06/us/politics/06obama.html

CHICAGO, March 5 — The Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., senior pastor of the popular Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago and spiritual mentor to Senator Barack Obama...

“Fifteen minutes before Shabbos I get a call from Barack,†Mr. Wright said in an interview on Monday, recalling that he was at an interfaith conference at the time. “One of his members had talked him into uninviting me,†Mr. Wright said, referring to Mr. Obama’s campaign advisers.

Some black leaders are questioning Mr. Obama’s decision to distance his campaign from Mr. Wright because of the campaign’s apparent fear of criticism over Mr. Wright’s teachings, which some say are overly Afrocentric to the point of excluding whites.

But from what all of you have read about its pastor, does anyone really believe that Barack follows the traditional values of the Church of Christ?

Didn't Barack once say that he visited every corner of the United States -- 57 states with one left to go?

Wasn't Barack's step-father, Lolo Soetoro? Didn't Barack live in Indonesia, where the dominant religion is Islam?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolo_Soetoro

Per The Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) own website, their membership includes 57 states.

http://www.oic-oci.org/oicnew/page_detail.asp?p_id=52

I understand that Barack was mentally exhausted after several consecutive days of traveling from state-to-state. I could understand if he said 52 -- 50 states plus Alaska and Hawaii. I could understand 48 -- 48 continental states. But of all numbers, how did he arrive at 57?

Yes, Barack attends the United Church of Christ.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/06/us/politics/06obama.html

But from what all of you have read about its pastor, does anyone really believe that Barack follows the traditional values of the Church of Christ?

no. deep down I think he's smart enough to be an atheist.

he said every corner, 57 states with one left to go. Obviously he meant 47 states with one left to go, making it 48 states in the contiguous united states, and then alaska and hawaii don't count because those arent what could be deemed as making up 'every corner' of the U.S.

also, WHY oh WHY would a mild speaking error (he obviously knows how many states there are) be such a hot button issue for you. are you attempting to make a speaking error so insignificant your primary counter point to the obama biden ticket.

obviously he meant 47 not 57. BIG FRICKEN DEAL.

Edited by patra_is_here