Extended Spoiler- FINAL PROTO PICS UP...

j-hanson

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys..

Ive been following the progress of the 2" Extended spoilers that STILL(?!?!) have not been done for ya, and have decided to take it on and get you going.. i am building these off pics of other extended spoiler that didnt happen, so thats what it will be...

i will be offering the spoilers in 2 versions...

without a brake light- for you to customize as desired - 285.00

with a led 3rd brake light in either a 4.5"(30leds) version - 335.00, or a 12"(100leds) version - 365.00

these are for fiberglass three piece spoilers without antenna, or rear wiper provisions.... they will mount to stock locations.

carbon fiber versions will become available at a later date.. pm for more info

125.00 deposit(please specify brake light option you want)... remaining balance due upon completion + shipping(aprox 55 depending on where ya live)

deposits can be paypal'd to:

worxcustoms@gmail.com

parts will take approx 2-3 weeks. after 6 deposits get paid.. parts will be shipping starting with 1st to deposit

any questions just ask like usual!

josh

http://lh6.ggpht.com/worxcustoms/SOqnEIgHD4I/AAAAAAAAA0o/q4yTyefhyo4/finalproto5.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/worxcustoms/SOqnD5AwFWI/AAAAAAAAA0g/V_lFpNd6_Io/finalproto4.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/worxcustoms/SOqnDiO83rI/AAAAAAAAA0Y/0BV_2VF1-Ws/finalproto3.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/worxcustoms/SOqoLze1ObI/AAAAAAAAA04/wm4uY8QldQE/finalproto7.jpg

these are what its gonna look like.. i have reshaped the curve on the rear from the first proto pics. this is a bit more curved along the rear.. note: i will finish filling in the wiper area and antenna before the mold is made..

Dammit, I can't see the pics!! I'm dying over here :hmm3grin2orange:

Zack

copy/paste to your browser address bar.

I kinda liked it the way it was, the upward tilt killed it for me. I prefer the "dragster rear deck" where it extends back further than stock, but stays flat and level with the body lines. I might not dislike it if I saw it in person or all one color.

You'll never please us all, so don't bother trying ;) Pick a design that you think will sell, and ignore the rest of them LOL...

copy/paste to your browser address bar.

I kinda liked it the way it was, the upward tilt killed it for me. I prefer the "dragster rear deck" where it extends back further than stock, but stays flat and level with the body lines. I might not dislike it if I saw it in person or all one color.

You'll never please us all, so don't bother trying ;) Pick a design that you think will sell, and ignore the rest of them LOL...

Copy and paste what? The red X's??

Zack

Copy and paste what? The red X's??

Zack

fixed, He re-hosted them elsewhere...

Often, if you right click the red X's and copy/paste the address that comes up, that will work. Sometimes you'll also find a type-o in the address so you jsut copy/past and correct the address.

Ok, I finally saw the pics and I like......

I still think the back edge could have more of a curve (if you look at it in profile it still looks a little like a wedge [<] instead of a curve [c] that wouldn't match the curvature on the bottom of the 88-89 front air dam), BUT it just might look that way because of the pic quality AND because it's in primer.

If you decide to go this route, I'd still be interested.........

Just make sure that the 3 pieces would align, looks like your hatch is a little off if you're using that for the proto.....

Looks great tho, the best I've seen so far :hmm3grin2orange: AND possibly attainable!!

Zack

Edited by zactek

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys.. i havent gotten any deposits for the spoiler, so i havent been doing much with it. ive been working on the drift bumper and a few other projects instead..

if there is still interest going on here and a small group that can toss deposits, ill get going on em...

looks like there are a handful that could get this going... if you are interested please post up and ill get a new list going..

josh

ps- the black starion in pics isnt mine.. its a car i found from a japanese site that i liked... coulnt get any info on it though, so i dunno... im gonna be putting some 18x10, and 9 mustang bullitt style rims on as soon as its cold up here and need to switch my stang to snow tires.. i think that should look pretty close and the stang stuff is obviously avail in a variety of styles and offsets and lips etc...

Edited by j-hanson

Hi Josh,

My body work begins in January/February and I'm thinking this would clean up the rear of my car, my 3 piece rear spoiler is shot to hell now, so I would need a new one anyway, before work could begin.

For those going this direction, what type of antenna(s) are/is best option(s)? Shark or glass mount? Any details on which model of either to get? Do you have to widen the hole for the washer?

Josh, 2 things:

1. Can you post the link for the LED brake lights you're going to be offering?

2. Add a small list on your first post with those names below who are "seriously" interested in this GP, once the list gets to 10, make the $125 due no later than 10 days after list is complete, Kelly kind of does the same and it seems to work pretty well. Who ever pays first gets first product. By my count we need 4 more for the FG version to become reality. For those names I listed, can you please confirm to Josh if you are still in or will you take a pass.

starquestjoe

dan

zaktec

hdam

cali

silverarrow89

Sorry to seem like I'm pushing, but the more I look at the pics the more I like it.

sa89

Hi Josh,

My body work begins in January/February and I'm thinking this would clean up the rear of my car, my 3 piece rear spoiler is shot to hell now, so I would need a new one anyway, before work could begin.

For those going this direction, what type of antenna(s) are/is best option(s)? Shark or glass mount? Any details on which model of either to get? Do you have to widen the hole for the washer?

Josh, 2 things:

1. Can you post the link for the LED brake lights you're going to be offering?

2. Add a small list on your first post with those names below who are "seriously" interested in this GP, once the list gets to 10, make the $125 due no later than 10 days after list is complete, Kelly kind of does the same and it seems to work pretty well. Who ever pays first gets first product. By my count we need 4 more for the FG version to become reality. For those names I listed, can you please confirm to Josh if you are still in or will you take a pass.

starquestjoe

dan

zaktec

hdam

cali

silverarrow89

Sorry to seem like I'm pushing, but the more I look at the pics the more I like it.

sa89

I'm definately still interested, it's just that nothing seems to have been finalized :confused0024:

I want a FG spoiler with NO brakelight.

If JHanson can answer the few issues I asked about in my last post on Page 2, I'd be giving a deposit.

Thanks, Zack

Edited by zactek

yeah im around.. havent gotten any pms about em.. so im waiting on you guys..

-here are some changes with the GB.. these changes are to address some issues with GBs ive done before. this keeps everyone on a level field and no surprises or hiccups later.

1) molds will be made without provisions for led strips..

2) if you want leds- get whatever led strip you want and i will make the provisions in your spoiler for the led strip you get for 25 bucks.

3) full payments only with shipping included.

4) no parts get started till all GBers are fully paid.

fiberglass-

365 shipped

carbon fiber-

650 shipped (including to hdam)

need 6 to get em going. either or..

i will post members interested in this post IN THIS POST once you pm or post with a yes

once 6 tell me yes and have names posted, i will collect payments, and start pulling mold from there.

josh

GB MEMBERS LIST:

csdisme - carbon fiber

zactek - fiberglass

Edited by j-hanson

Got it, although I am confused on the 3rd brake light. Do I need to tell you which model lamp I am buying and you'll build it to spec so all I need to do it clip it in? Can I ask, why not just offer it with an LED 3rd brake light, you choose the style, or without? How do I know the LED I choose will work with the angle of the spoiler, area behind, etc.? Just want clarification. I would not ask if I was not interested, very interested.

yeah im around.. havent gotten any pms about em.. so im waiting on you guys..

-here are some changes with the GB.. these changes are to address some issues with GBs ive done before. this keeps everyone on a level field and no surprises or hiccups later.

1) molds will be made without provisions for led strips..

2) if you want leds- get whatever led strip you want and i will make the provisions in your spoiler for the led strip you get for 25 bucks.

3) full payments only with shipping included.

4) no parts get started till all GBers are fully paid.

fiberglass-

365 shipped

carbon fiber-

650 shipped (including to hdam)

need 6 to get em going. either or..

i will post members interested in this post IN THIS POST once you pm or post with a yes

once 6 tell me yes and have names posted, i will collect payments, and start pulling mold from there.

josh

What happened to the approx $55 shipping? It seems like it's now $80 or you raised the price of the spoiler...And what about the $125 deposit? It has to be paid in full now?

I'm interested in the FRP spoiler with no brakelight.

I'm interested but you still hasn't adressed the issue with the rear of the spoiler (look at my last post on page 2)

It seems like we have another case of "You won't make them until it's completely paid for, and nobody wants to pay until they see a final product"

Zack

What happened to the approx $55 shipping? It seems like it's now $80 or you raised the price of the spoiler...And what about the $125 deposit? It has to be paid in full now?

I'm interested in the FRP spoiler with no brakelight.

I'm interested but you still hasn't adressed the issue with the rear of the spoiler (look at my last post on page 2)

It seems like we have another case of "You won't make them until it's completely paid for, and nobody wants to pay until they see a final product"

Zack

-yeah the hatch was a bit out, and i have adjusted it, and had to also adjust the side pieces accordingly..

-as far as the shipping goes- that was a ballpark guess. after i looked into it more the 55 would have been too low with packaging materials, and i dont think that should need to come out of my pocket..

-as far as payments go, heres my .02: ive taken lots of orders over the past year on custom made parts.. each time ive offered a deposit, and that is basically only covering the cost of the mold materials(and barely at that). problem is ive had almost a 70% backout rate when parts are nearing completion stage, and when that happens, ive still given guys GB prices even though lots changed their mind and no longer am i dealing with a "group", but rather a handful.. this makes a huge difference on the price i get materials for, and if i pay more for materials, then i SHOULD be jacking up prices on the parts to relect the smaller number of people involved.. because if materials cost more, then i dont make anything on labor when i look at how much time i actually spend on the stuff is.. i dont think most members understand how much time and money actually goes into custom parts, and when people make commitments on custom parts, ive taken it in "good faith".. but when i start a GB with 15 and end up with 4... its actually costing me lots of money. at this point im not gonna keep dumping my money into parts just so everyone can get a smoking deal on parts for their cars while im paying for it.. its business.. if i loose money every time i do a GB for custom parts, then i makes no sense for me to keep doing it. im not trying to make a killing off these, but i think that if im doing the molds, and making the parts i should be compensated some for that- right?

-this is a case of pay for it then i make it.. it hasnt worked doing it the other way. i honestly tried doing it a different way(multiple times), and it didnt work. ive said it before... i love SQs... and am willing to offer my skills and services so that YOU members can get some new parts on the market at what i think believe are very fair prices considering other companies havent/wont do stuff for our cars, or going to a local shop and having something custom made for yourself..

-ive called around the country and asked custom shops about their policies and rates... what ive found is min 10 orders. money up front for 1st one and mold. then 10 prepaid orders on following parts.. and what ive been told is 3-4k for 1st part and a mold, then each following will be done at shop labor rate plus materials at retail rates. most shops charge between 65-95/hr... so if a part takes 5 hours of mold prep, layup, trim, and finish plus materials youre looking at 450-700 pretty easy.. plus splitting the price of the 1st and mold with the group..

-id love someone to go to a custom shop and ask em what they would charge to build a 1 off 3piece glass spoiler.. just for comparison sake... anyone???

-i dont mean to come across as a d***, thats not my intention, so i do apologize for my tone. i do feel bad about coming across this way, as i do wish i could just pull molds of every part of the car and make custom parts and get em all done 100% finished and show everyone 1st.. its just realistic though..

josh