hks versus 1G VERSUS turbo xs

JohnnyWadd

hey wazzup can anyone help me select a decent priced blow off valve? what i want is a hks unit that i can use as a bypass. i got a *DM ovcp and it has the hks flange and what i have right now is a rfl and a type h by Turbo XS. I dont wanna go cut it and have a different flange welded on der cuz it so pretty polished up you know?

also is the 1g bov the same flange as the hks?

HKS FLANGE:

http://www.clubrsx.com/graphics/00000001/HKS-H1410-SA001.jpg

DSM:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/parts/tweekerparts/1gbov-alu.jpg

from roadraceengineering.com

GREDDY

http://www.importparts.com/shop/images/forcedinduction/greddy_bovflange.jpg

The distance between the bolt holes on a greddy flange is around 1/2" closer than stock DSM. so, you can drill a DSM mounting flange to fit the greddy BOV

Edited by patra_is_here

bypass? HKS still has a bypass? I thought all they had now were those SSQ....shows how much I care about HKS.

You kind kicked yourself in the arse by buying that OVCP...you can only use the HKS SSQ design turbo so you have no choice but to use the SSQ.

http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=3261

Just get the knock off from ebay for 40 bucks and keep the party moving.

Blah Blah Blah, how are they killing the aftermarket industry? Greddy goes belly up and now knock offs are to blame..LOL, priceless.

Anyone that has bought a OVCP from either *DM, Mookeeh or some other source is using a knock off. TEP is the only one that sells REAL turbo xs or hks BOV's with their pipes.

Blah Blah Blah, how are they killing the aftermarket industry? Greddy goes belly up and now knock offs are to blame..LOL, priceless.

Anyone that has bought a OVCP from either *DM, Mookeeh or some other source is using a knock off. TEP is the only one that sells REAL turbo xs or hks BOV's with their pipes.

dont' assume that i've been against knock-offs simply because of greddy going belly up.

#1. a company pays engineers to do research and development for a product that we (tuners) will put on our cars and that product will benefit us, the consumer. the company has standards that they adhere too, they have warranty, and they have to quality control.

#2. a knock off steals the first company's idea and reproduces it, but doesnt have the build quality or the standards. those products are sold to people who either don't care or don't know it's a knock off.

#3. the knock off fails, and the unknowing consumer thinks that the real company makes a crappy product.

#4. this whole cycle not only steals ideas and money from the company that deserves it (the company that created the real device in the first place), but also reduced consumer confidence in the real company to the unknowing buyer.

i would really like to see how you can justify buying a knock off, besides the fact that someone simply can't afford to purchase a high quality original.

lol

#1. i've never seen a knock-off be of equal quality, maybe you have, or maybe you don't know what to look for in order to gauge quality (ie, metallurgy, seal quality, fitment, casting)

#2. how is every around me a knock-off? i can't think of anything i own that i would consider a knock-off, cept maybe some cheap t-shirts and a blank chinese made skateboard deck (which broke after two days). and a $12 ikea table which is a copy of an established classic. but, that table is for poor people. and, that table doesnt hurt the furniture industry, as that table design has been made for decades by many manufactures, and therefore the detriment to the system has long since been absorbed.

most of my products in my life have design and product engineering behind them. they are from well established companies. and anything i'm gonna put on my car you can bet is going to be quality. I've just seen too much garbage (knock-offs and fakes) to bother wasting my money on it.

/end rant.

I had a REAL Turbo XS Type H recirculating bypass valve once.. I sold it and bought a knock off RFL.. the RFL was leaking and was crap.

Moral of story? Knock offs suck. Sad fact.