My MPI Build

It worked on a 400hp quest ok 398 but it worked.

In exactly its current form or before the divider was installed?

Assuming the divider is at the weld you can see bisecting the top end tank, I'm guessing air will travel down through the first half of the intercooler and then back up through the other half.

The only problem I can see it causing is turbulent flow in the bottom tank. Air down there will have to go two directions when it would normally only have to go one direction. Once pressurized it shouldn't be a problem really. It's just not what those end tanks were meant to do. Obviously a straight pipe coming up from the bottom tank would have been what it was meant to do, with a single inlet on one end tank and a single outlet on the other tank. You have an inlet and an outlet on one, and nothing on the other. I imagine that configuration would work fine though, again, just as long as the top tank is divided it will be fine.

In exactly its current form or before the divider was installed?

Assuming the divider is at the weld you can see bisecting the top end tank, I'm guessing air will travel down through the first half of the intercooler and then back up through the other half.

The only problem I can see it causing is turbulent flow in the bottom tank. Air down there will have to go two directions when it would normally only have to go one direction. Once pressurized it shouldn't be a problem really. It's just not what those end tanks were meant to do. Obviously a straight pipe coming up from the bottom tank would have been what it was meant to do, with a single inlet on one end tank and a single outlet on the other tank. You have an inlet and an outlet on one, and nothing on the other. I imagine that configuration would work fine though, again, just as long as the top tank is divided it will be fine.

Yep just in its exact form. Nothing has been changed to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Most 12v motocycle or lawn mower batteries should work. No need to relocate to the trunk. I use a motorcycle dry cell battery in my drift car and it can crank and crank even in the middle of winter.

Low compression 4 cylinders just don't need a lot of cranking amps.