Headlights stuck up

HurleyTSi

My conquest has its headlights stuck in the up position. When I turn on the headlights the driver side light shuts then reopens then the lights come on. (it winks lol) ;)

Is this a common problem? I think the passenger side motor may be seized one. Or maybe its a simple fix like a fuse?

Thanks in advance!

when you turn the lights off, gently push the headlights on switch a coupole times not making it click (kindve jiggle it)....they should go down

or, have you tried the button on the right that simply operates the motors? (top right)

But, the contacts on the switches get corroded...if the joggle method works...you might want to pull the gauge surround off and clean and resodder the connectors

Sounds like the switch as Strang3 posted. Check out starquest.i-x.net for the "SOS Manuals" (Save Our Starquests). THere is a quality writeup on how to clean that headlight switch.

Could also be the relay (located way up in the center of the dash between the glovebox and stereo area).

-Robert

My conquest has its headlights stuck in the up position. When I turn on the headlights the driver side light shuts then reopens then the lights come on. (it winks lol) ;)

Is this a common problem? I think the passenger side motor may be seized one. Or maybe its a simple fix like a fuse?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, this is a common problem when the headlight switch goes bad.

I played with the headlight switch and the driver side closed but the passenger side still stayed up. Didn't even flinch.

• 1 month later...