Holy... Metallica came back?

Mazarin

A friend of mine listens to Metallica, and it finally rubbed off on me. Their new album comes out next month, titled Death Magnetic. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm REALLY looking forward to AC/DC's new album coming out in October, titled Black Ice. One of their songs (Rock 'n Roll Train) will be debuted on the radio in a few days. Here's a link for more info:

http://acdc-preorder.shop.musictoday.com/D...?cp=14359_14367

I don't know what to think. I like the intro a little but then it sucks untill 4.00 when it starts to get a little heavy. Then anger just isn't there. less singing.

If they tour I will probably go see them. I went to summer sanitarium when st anger came out, I will never BUY st. anger.

They played mostly old stuff so I was happy it was a good show.

SUCKED!! And there is no coming back from the plague they have released CD after CD. The day they quit doing speed metal was the day they should have called it and preserved their name. And how could they have gone back to Lars' lame a$S drumming after experiencing Joey. Will be boggled forever.

nothing like they use to be....one day they will end up doing country music.....im not liking it

They've already done that... "Mama said" it think its called.

I dont think Metallica was ever speed metal... they were/created the definition of heavy metal. Granted they are very talented musicians, I dont care for much of the stuff after the Black album.

I was excited for a minute there and then reality set in.........same old sell out Metallica. This is the style they started playing in the early nineties and alienated a lot of their fans like myself, that use to be memorized by their lightning style riffs, concise starting and stopping and just absolutely brutal music.

Oh well. At least I still have Kill em all,ride the lightning,master of puppets and even and justice for all to listen to. I have never bought a Metallica CD since And Justice For All. Lars can #$%$# me! Yeah lars, you sell out every night everywhere he plays as he smugly stated years ago.

Well I buy Cd's every month for the last twenty five years pretty consistantly and for the last 18 of them, none are from Metallica. I'd rather spend money on Exodus,Overkill,Testament,Annihilator,Celtic Frost,Megadeth,Anthrax and other bands that have stayed true to the music "they" introduced us to.

I think I have spent enough money on CD's and have logged enough hours(and still do everyday on my 2&1/2/hr commute) to state that I have a PHD in Metal. That being said and no offense intended Mazarin, Metallica no longer plays the type of music of their original genre and can't expect the fans of speed/thrash metal to get excited when they announce, they have produced new "music"

If they ever did play like the real Metallica use to, i'll be the first person to be tweeterpated. :jumping0045:

Black Sabbath,Judas Priest etc are where the word Heavy Metal came from. Metallica actually had the word speed metal coined after their absolutely blistering pace. No one was riffing that fast and playing like that at the time. When I actually heard them the first time, I was in high school and I even went "what the #$%$#" just because no one was playing like that and it took even me a second to feel them. Then you actually come up to their speed and style of playing and go #$%$# ya! I actually use to put them on and crank it to get me going during the day. I would actually pick up the pace when doing chores around my mom and dads. lol

They were absolutely brutal and every time I listen to ride the lightning for example, it's just as adrenaline pumping now as it was twenty plus years ago.

Edited by Robsweet87TSI

i heard this for the first time the ohter day..never heard it before.

cover of Iron Maiden.

Metallica: Remember Tomorrow

I like it better than the original version

and alot of people want them to play the same old stuff...bands move on.

and if they didn't,you would have an old fan base..kinda like KISS.

Edited by Star_V8_Quest

cover of Iron Maiden.

Well the original was from the first album and singer so not quite as polished as the Dickison material. Pretty decent cover. Never been a fan of tribute albums myself. Edited by Austin88ESiR

cover of Iron Maiden.

and alot of people want them to play the same old stuff...bands move on.

and if they didn't,you would have an old fan base..kinda like KISS.

Yep and I moved on too. Metallica plays exactly the type of stuff that I don't listen to. Thank god their are a ton of bands that still play speed/ :ylsuper: thrash.

Edited by Robsweet87TSI

ok, while i like it, i dont like it. sounds like they tried to steal some sound from other bands. i heard a little influence from some of the softer(yet still ok) 80's bands. def not what metallica used to be and like so0meone said before, the anger just isnt there. unless they got alot of better stuff on this album they should have just left it all alone.

i first saw metallica in 81' and they sucked, bad. since then i really like most of what they do. i'm a big fan of the S&M production, mostly because of michael caymen's input. one is an outstanding piece of work, master is awesome, and of course the black album. ...but thhis suxx, along with the last try out (st. anger) :rolleyes:

geez, there's a lot of metallica haters here.

No joke.

I think alot of people who say "Blak album was teh suk!" are really trying to say "I'm more hardcore than you." Everything from Load to St. Anger was absolute crap. I remember when they debuted St. Anger on the radio, it played only once, and I never heard it again.

But this song is Metallica back to their roots. This is their old formula to a "T." Long intro, some vocals, more guitar, vocal tidbit, looong awesome guitar w/ HARMONY, and the whole thing takes 7 minutes. That fits the mold of just about every sone from "...and Justice" and the like. I dare say, if you don't like this sone, or even can't apreciate the attempt @ resurrecting what Metallica should always have been, I question your like of Metallica in the first place(if stated), or are just really bitter over "Turn the Page." It's almost like Blackhawks fans still hating the Hawks even tho all the games are on TV, Pat Foley's back, and Bill Wirtz is dead.