GM Alterantor

jcbmxman

I just got a gm alternator and with a bracket.. and i need to know which wire goes to which. on the GM alternator, there is a blue wire and a green wire. On the conquest there is a white/yellow wire and a white/green wire.

Can anyone Help!?

I just got a gm alternator and with a bracket.. and i need to know which wire goes to which. on the GM alternator, there is a blue wire and a green wire. On the conquest there is a white/yellow wire and a white/green wire.

Can anyone Help!?

You need a GM manual. My Starion FSM doesn't list General Motors parts.

CALIBER 308

It could be the rotor interfering with the stator windings/stator base, etc.. There isn't much room in there. I would take the alternator back to where you got it if the noise is definitely coming from inside the alternator. There are other tricks to assembling the type of alternator that works in our cars. If it isn't done properly, it will tick, and charge for a few weeks and then quit charging.

i bet it was makeing a noise befor you install'd it,, it's not uncommon i have had as many as 3 in a row that made noise , spin it and listen carefuly,, the noise is often the cooling fan blade hiting the internal windings,, befor long the windings wear and the alt stops chargeing as it should

i bet it was makeing a noise befor you install'd it,, it's not uncommon i have had as many as 3 in a row that made noise , spin it and listen carefuly,, the noise is often the cooling fan blade hiting the internal windings,, befor long the windings wear and the alt stops chargeing as it should

Yep! Exactly!