David Crane?

FlattopMike

In my search for an 83 CTS I was given his name and number by my local Mitsubishi parts guy.

He said he used to have 125 starion/conquests.

He's got my CTS and actually knew that the threads were the only difference for the 83, so he knows his stuff.

Just curious about him.

I live like 3 miles from his place. Hes only got like 4 shells with not much on them now. Ive gone out there a couple time for small items, and hes been pretty cool, usually just telling me to come back again. Of course ive been talking to Phil, who is pretty much the only person youll find out there, and who answers the phone. Probably who youve been talking to. But its still called David Cranes.

If theres anyway i can help just let me know.

Edited by livesTSI

I live like 3 miles from his place. Hes only got like 4 shells with not much on them now. Ive gone out there a couple time for small items, and hes been pretty cool, usually just telling me to come back again. Of course ive been talking to Phil, who is pretty much the only person youll find out there, and who answers the phone. Probably who youve been talking to. But its still called David Cranes.

If theres anyway i can help just let me know.

x2. Be prepared to talk to the guy. For a long time. Nothing against him, but he just likes to talk. He's a guy who can give you a GREAT deal on parts. Other times he can charge out the wazoo. Boosted77 bought an entire steering column, coupler and all, for $70. He wanted $90 for an OEM radio. He's negotiable though.

The tech guy was right, he USED to have about 125 SQs. He was a Mitsu service tech back in the day. The man knows his stuff alright. I bought a relay rod and an idler arm from him, with good bushings as well.

If one of us locals can assist, let us know! Otherwise I hope you have a good long distance plan :lol:

Matt ( livesTSI ) you ever get the lecture about cookies and the cookie jar yet?

Kommeupance - the reason why he sold and crushed the cars was more because he technically doesn't own the property, David Crane ( who passed away ) son does now, and had them all for the most part since he's sold the property off for real estate development. Till then, Phil still runs the place that David Crane started till the place gets developed ( from what I understand ).

Edited by Fanta

I cant say ive gotten the said cookie lecture. Yet, anyways. He usually just tells me to go find whatever im after, so that cuts down on the chat time. lol

lucky. When I went with Boosted77 we were there for almost 4 hours or so. He had the part ready for him too

Edited by Fanta

lol

took me like 30 minutes to figure out what CTS stood for (i kept thinking cadillac)

I'm assuming you're talking about a coolant temp sensor?

but to answer your question, I had the same problem. I used the other years sensor..

I made a thread on here asking if anyone knew the difference other than the fact that the 83 ones were threaded only half way and the others were threaded all the way (iirc) ... i tried searching both virtual mechanic and archives, but its not there, I know this thread is from either late 05 or early 06 (not so sure though) I took pics of both, posted the question.... My issue was that the 84-89 CTS was only like 23 bux, and the 83 CTS was like 90 bux.. and it had to be ordered and they were back ordered so it'd take forever to get.

So i asked what the diff was. no one knew, I gave it a shot... The only problem I ran into was that the newer year CTS i got was that it didn't thread in all the way, but it thread in enough to never have a problem. I just wrapped some teflon tape and called it a day.... Worked perfect.... then I went TB pro a few months later, but for those few months I had no issues....

I may (not 100% sure but fairly sure) I have my stock 83 manifold in a box somewhere in my garage, if I find it and I can just send you the sensor I don't need it... (its from the newer year though)

I think Kurts dad is like 1 mile from him. You ever run into him? The mpi truck is at his house.

Really? Thats awesome, but no ive never ran into him. Does he drive the truck? Does he also own a silver 87 conquest?

Edited by livesTSI

Really? Thats awesome, but no ive never ran into him. Does he drive the truck? Does he also own a silver 87 conquest?
He has a red one but no he isn't driving the truck. I think all his cars are inside. He has a couple Arrows too.

He has a red one but no he isn't driving the truck. I think all his cars are inside. He has a couple Arrows too.

Is that a fact?

I've actually been looking for one. It's a lot harder than what I thought it'd be.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know if David Crane aka Phil has a profile on here? I would like to give him a piece of my mind. I brought parts for my car from him 4 freaking years ago and he keeps coming up with excuse after excuse why he can't put them on. I have seen the parts so I know he has them. I am an actually paying customer and he would rather fix cars for people who are not paying. I do not understand. He is a very nice guy and knows his Starion but I am at my witts end. I have a better chance of dying before my car gets fixed. Any ideas on how I can solve this problem? Or does anyone have any experience with him? :confused0024:

Does anyone know if David Crane aka Phil has a profile on here? I would like to give him a piece of my mind. I brought parts for my car from him 4 freaking years ago and he keeps coming up with excuse after excuse why he can't put them on. I have seen the parts so I know he has them. I am an actually paying customer and he would rather fix cars for people who are not paying. I do not understand. He is a very nice guy and knows his Starion but I am at my witts end. I have a better chance of dying before my car gets fixed. Any ideas on how I can solve this problem? Or does anyone have any experience with him? :confused0024:

nah - the posse ran him off a long time ago

What parts do you need? Oddly enough I've seen the same Starion he's been fixing for the since 2006.... he is nice, he does know his stuff - but I can't say anything to help you - other than try to get your money back, buy the parts elsewhere if possible, and enlist the help of some locals to assist :D

what kind of parts are we talking about? maybe i could be of assistance. im like 20mins from you tops. (stockbridge)

Phil is a good guy, but everytime i go to his place the same 3 Quests are there thats hes been working on for like 3 years. hes takes forever. lol

is that the black on with the broken windshield and all the chrome paint under the hood?

Thanks for your response! Phil is a great guy but his priorties are wrong. I am a true paying customer that wants their car fixed. He is helping people who are not paying him. I feel confused! I am looking for an KYB gas strut assembly right for my 1985 Starion LE. I only need one more and I can't find it anywhere! Phil has my turbo and the intercooler but he can never find time to put it on for me :(

Here is my personal experience..

I bought a short block from him.

Said the block just needed Honing. He talked for a long time and seemed like a nice guy.

I payed 200 which seemed okay although later i found many whole motors for less than that...

But anyways... he drove up 2 hours to meet me and i drive bout 30 minutes south.

When i got the block to the machine shop, i was told i would need to bore it over 3 thousandths due to the rust and pitting.

I had not planned to bore it any, but everything worked okay in the end

Thanks for your response! Phil is a great guy but his priorties are wrong. I am a true paying customer that wants their car fixed. He is helping people who are not paying him. I feel confused! I am looking for an KYB gas strut assembly right for my 1985 Starion LE. I only need one more and I can't find it anywhere! Phil has my turbo and the intercooler but he can never find time to put it on for me :(

Just ask for some help here and you'll get it all done within a day :D