KYB rear struts now discontinued

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im not quite ready to spend $1800 on struts...

I also got one of that last ones from tirerack.com. I just wanted to let people know these are quickly disappearing so get what you can if you are concerned in the least.

What source are you getting this from?

certainly not every shop on the internet.

Im not saying every retailer is out of stock of them, Im saying the retailer(who I would assume drop ships) informed me they are no longer available, exact words "discontinued".

What source are you getting this from?

certainly not every shop on the internet.

Can anyone add a link to both rear struts available.

I've tried 7 online shops and found a total of 3 LR struts and 0 RR's

Tire rack had a RR only listed so i ordered it.

They called this morning to tell me it was a mistake. No RR's.

Also Auto parts warehouse list them instock , but when i called they said try back in a week and they should have some in :confused0024: :unsure:

KYB Part # 235003 RR

KYB Part # 235004 LR

I ordered mine from speedyperformanceparts.com

I have a tracking number so they are on their way. I did order them from another place (one right down the street from KYB) who assured me they can get them, but I got a call the next day they couldnt. :-)

1983 - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion KYB Strut Assembly Strut Assembly Price: $81.27 Qty: 1 Part #: KY235003

1983 - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion KYB Strut Assembly Strut Assembly Price: $78.74 Qty: 1 Part #: KY235004

1987 Mitsubishi Starion KYB Strut Insert Strut Insert Price: $64.68 Qty: 2 Part #: KY365060

These prices arent exact as they matched another site I found that had them listed for less. Even though that site probably couldnt even get them. :-)

Here is the response I got from autocarparts.com. Its not looking good, I hope everyone who was thinking of getting these got some.

Sorry, these are no longer available.

I checked with all other shocks manufactures we carry, and no one has a listing.

I think we should start a petition to send to Tokico :hmm3grin2orange:

Here is the response I got from autocarparts.com. Its not looking good, I hope everyone who was thinking of getting these got some.

I think we should start a petition to send to Tokico :hmm3grin2orange:

I will just continue to sit on my two sets of new Tokico's :-)

Ok here,s the deal. There's 11k members that will eventually need struts we need to petition to one of the companies very soon while they still have the templates that we need the parts to continue. I think with enough intrest they will continue to make them but with limited time. Just time enough for all of us to purchase maybe two sets each.

But regardless to what somebody's going to have to make them. it wont be before long that some unknown company will start to make them. in the mean time i dont know.

I ordered mine from speedyperformanceparts.com

I have a tracking number so they are on their way. I did order them from another place (one right down the street from KYB) who assured me they can get them, but I got a call the next day they couldnt. :-)

1983 - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion KYB Strut Assembly Strut Assembly Price: $81.27 Qty: 1 Part #: KY235003

1983 - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion KYB Strut Assembly Strut Assembly Price: $78.74 Qty: 1 Part #: KY235004

1987 Mitsubishi Starion KYB Strut Insert Strut Insert Price: $64.68 Qty: 2 Part #: KY365060

These prices arent exact as they matched another site I found that had them listed for less. Even though that site probably couldnt even get them. :-)

Turns out these fools pulled a fast one on me. I received the 2nd box (I ordered more than just struts) and that didnt have them in there either. I only received 2 tracking numbers so I assumed they would be in the 2nd box since they werent in the first. So I contact them and then they tell me they dont have them. This is of course after I pushed the sales guy on their availability since I knew they were hard to find before I even placed the order. The fact the straight up lied to me on availability and the fact they didn't bother to tell me until I asked, would have me say avoid this crap company.

I forsaw this happening as well and have a full set of KYBs on the shelf in the garage. :nopityA:

Great minds think alike!

full set here also!

Dad