Tax Rebate

Hey, i was just wondering why the heck i still dont have mine. i NEEEEEED it to fix my car and i am supposed to have it direct deposited because i had my tax return direct deposited. i heard the people who get direct deposit get theyrs first, but for some odd reason....EVERYONE i talk to about it already go theyrs in the mail. (?) Doesnt make sense to me as to why i still have yet to get mine. i just wanted to hear about if anyone else is experiencing the same bullcrap i am. it would be my luck for the IRS to forget about me... thanks guys.

-BrokenquestTSi

Edited by BrokenquestTSI

you can easily find out when they will mail or deposit it,,check with the irs,, links can be found in a couple of the other threads about this ,,and they go by the last 2 ## in you SS number

This explain alot to you,

you wont get it deposited if you used a second party to file your taxes via h&r block if you used a online tax service you will not get it direct deposit if you did not pay upfront to have it filled, like in my case i was expecting to get it this friday but i soon fount out that since i used turbotax and i had them pull the fees from my rebate (this cuases your check to go threw some santa barbara bank and trust thing) so i soon fount out i will get mine back on the 20th of june. and i even did direct deposit. kinda sucks you dont get told this you have to do research. my sister fount this out being her last 2 numbers are 14 and she had h&r block deposit her rebate in her acount, but it wasnt there on the 2nd so she called them and this is what they told her, her check will arive by mail.

this is from the turbo tax website

the IRS has decided that taxpayers can only get their rebates by mail, even if they get their refunds by direct deposit. At TurboTax, this will happen if you use a "refund transfer" when filing your 2007 return. This service lets you pay for your tax preparation and/or e-filing from your refund proceeds, for an additional fee, under an agreement with Santa Barbara Bank & Trust .

The IRS also says that taxpayers who use "refund anticipation loans" or RALs (loans made to tax filers against their expected refunds) will also be unable to receive their rebates by direct deposit. TurboTax does not offer RALs

that REALLY pissees me of man. that means my cars gonna be pretty much broke down till next month, then by the time it finally gets fiwed, itll be snownin again like it always does when i have my conquest up and running and on the road. thanks guys, knew most of the stuff you told me but i wanted to be sure and i new sq club is the place to get an honest opinion and what not. thanks guys.

-BrokenquestTSi

Thats useful info. I was supposed to get mine the 9th of May and was wondering where my $ was at. My car has been down for over 6 months and I want it fixed.

I used H & R Block

Edited by bha280

Here is the IRS's schedule for mailing out paper checks. I'm expecting mine in about a week...just in time to pay my auto insurance. :mad:

Last two SSN digits: 	 Payments will be mailed no later than (and received a few days after):
00 through 09                                 	 May 16
10 through 18 	                                 May 23
19 through 25 	                                 May 30
26 through 38 	                                 June 6
39 through 51 	                                 June 13
52 through 63 	                                 June 20
64 through 75 	                                 June 27
76 through 87 	                                 July 4
88 through 99 	                                 July 11

yea ive seen that chart before, but they also said allow 1-2 weeks from that date to actually recieve the checks. im just hopin it comes so i can have my car fixed before the end of the summer. i love to drive my car in nice weather, and im always drivin it in rain, or gloomy snowy weather it seems like. sucks.