spooling with nitrous

gober803

I'm thinking about installing nitrous on the next build, but i'll be running a T4 and am curious about using nitrous to spool the turbo off the line. If anyone has any info on this I would greatly appreciate any input you may have.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry bout that my buddy (Bryan) posted this....Anyways what we are curious about is using nitrous to make boost right out of the hole. I've heard it can be used to launch under boost. Or am I mistaken. I wanna be able to get out of the hole.....now. And no kit has been installed yet cause I was unsure of what to go with.

and dave it will stay together this time....I've already decieded high boost will be strip only....don't need 25psi on the street :)

WhooRa for MI!

Edited by gober803

Sorry bout that my buddy (Bryan) posted this....Anyways what we are curious about is using nitrous to make boost right out of the hole. I've heard it can be used to launch under boost. Or am I mistaken. I wanna be able to get out of the hole.....now. And no kit has been installed yet cause I was unsure of what to go with.

and dave it will stay together this time....I've already decieded high boost will be strip only....don't need 25psi on the street :)

WhooRa for MI!

Yeah It can be done but I would have a built motor. Everything I have learned and read says don't Spray under 2/3K.

But with a build motor I wouldn't see a issue with it to make up for spool time.

But I have never done it so I could be wrong.

I'm thinking about installing nitrous on the next build, but i'll be running a T4 and am curious about using nitrous to spool the turbo off the line. If anyone has any info on this I would greatly appreciate any input you may have.

You drill the jet port on the compressor housing at an angle so that when it sprays, it spools the comp. wheel faster. Just imagine blowing an air hose over the top of a portable fan.

Hope this helps.

You drill the jet port on the compressor housing at an angle so that when it sprays, it spools the comp. wheel faster. Just imagine blowing an air hose over the top of a portable fan.

Hope this helps.

WHAT? i've only heard of it being sprayed directly into the turbine housing. when you back off throttle, the exhaust goes rich, you shoot the NO2 in turbine housing, the NO2, fuel rich exhaust, and high temps ignite, creating an 'afterburner' effect, spinning the turbine so it's up to speed when you get back on throttle.

i've never heard of it being sprayed on to the compressor wheel to help it spin. that just sounds stupid. you might as well just spray compressed air and you'd get the same effect without wasting NO2

Trans is a manual, clutch is been upgraded and the motor is built well enough to handle the spray. no the driveline hasn't been upgraded but i seldomly hear of anybody blowing up driveline and i keep extra axles laying around after i broke the first one a while back. so this afterburner effect i assume you need something to regulate the nozzle timing and amount of no2 into the turbo?

and here i thought you spray'd nox into the intake , or am i missing some thing

you do know the exh is a fire ball at all times and worse durring boost don't you

the whole point is spooling the turbo during a no-boost no-load situation. spraying NO2 into the intake during a no load situation isn't going to help much of anything

there's a few pages dedicated to using the afterburner effect in here, if memory serves me. i can check tonight when i get home if need be. it's completely possible that somehow my brain is confusing two different spool techniques.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ARTNWR5CL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I think this would be for those guys with huge turbos and huge lag on the street or dyno. Like some cars I have seen on the dyno where they floor it in 4th and 6 sec. later the turbo spools. With NOS it would get the engine and turbo spinning a lot quicker.

A drag launch is completely different and NOS wouldnt work in that way.

Disclamer: I'm no expert when it comes to big turbos, NOS, dyno's and drag launches. ;)

proper staging will have your turbo boosted...the only time you would need nos to spool your turbo is when your running a t-66 or higher. This engine has enough exhaust flow that your turbo will spool up just fine with proper staging.

Why are people so quick to install parts that will cause more harm then good. Learn to drive/race before you put something else on your car. It's like that dude on this forum that doesnt know how to drive and stuck his car in a mud ditch then afterwards decided to get a bigger turbo when his fuel/air system isn't even upgraded and has the MAS mounted ON the turbo itself.

Genius alot of these members are NOT.