MK1 SS MANIFOLD **POSSIBLE CRACK PROBLEMS**

101PROPOSE

hello members,

this post is to let members know about the possible crack problems with ss mk1 turbo manifolds.

one of the ss mk1 manifolds Laodicea bought craked at 5 places according him after 3 weeks of running it. i thought it was a defective one and replaced it with a new one. by the way, i do not have the cracked one as i sold it at half price to his friend as he requested.

well...i simply thought the one he received was a defective one and replaced with a new one.

but now it looks like many members who bought the mk1 manifolds are worring about the possble problems after looking at the pictures posted by Lodicea.

if you are not happy with the manifolds and willing to return it, please let me know.

with this post, i originally offered a full refund if manifolds are returned within 30 days from today(by 5-17-08) but i think giving a little more time would be better for some members to try out.

i am chaging this refund offer to 6 MONTH NO QUESTIONS ASKED MONEY BACK GUARANTEE

this should give enough time for members who have not tried this yet to have a chance to test it out.

new or used, i will gladly take it back.

sorry about the problems and thanks for understanding.

Edited by 101PROPOSE

I bought mine from reed80. It has still never been ran. does the refund only apply to the original buyer? if you are willing what is the address to ship to?

travs87tsi,

sorry for the trouble...

i will give a refund to the original purchaser, reed80 in your case.

please have him contact me. i will take car of this matter as quickly as possible.

thanks,

I bought mine from reed80. It has still never been ran. does the refund only apply to the original buyer? if you are willing what is the address to ship to?

travs87tsi,

if you want to return it, please pm me. i will contact the original buyer, willmoodom and get this taken care of.

thanks,

it's unfortunate this has happened, but good for you for taking the proper actions 101! hopefully a few simple design changes and everything will be easily fixed. if you decide to try another run with a different design, let me know

i would have quite the situation for my refund 101...the member i bought my manifold from nolonger goes on the boards so what would happen to me in this situation?...i mean you wouldn't be able to contact him obviously

so yea let me kjnow

Mike

Mike,

give me a few days. i will try to contact him through the pm here and also his email.

thanks,

i would have quite the situation for my refund 101...the member i bought my manifold from nolonger goes on the boards so what would happen to me in this situation?...i mean you wouldn't be able to contact him obviously

so yea let me kjnow

Mike

• 1 month later...

I have no interest in this deal other than I have been noticing the comments.

1st, 101 is a stand up guy for offering this refund.

2nd, I don't know how many were sold but I only heard of one of them cracking. It may have been a defective unit.

Put the things on and try them out before asking for your money back. He is giving you time to do that.

Last, give the guy a break! If you bought it from a guy that bought it from a guy.......It's yours! You can't expect 101 or anyone selling anything to go that far. You may have only paid half price by the time it got to you.

my car isn't going to be ready for atleast another two months. so i'm going to wait and see if anymore menifolds come up cracking before i make any decision to return mine. personaly looking at what happened to his manifold i think he was running lean. and i would recomend making a sapport braken under the manifold to hold up the wieght of the turbo charger.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just stumbled on this thread and have a few comments.

Like FlattopMike, I have no dog in this fight, but must say that 101Propose is a stand up guy to be offering a 100% refund within 6-months of this thread... in new or used condition. The original purchaser bought the manifold 'as-is' since there was no warranty expressed at the time of sale. Nobody in the business world today offers a 6-month no questions asked money-back warranty with performance parts - nobody! Keep up the hard work and great customer service, 101.

Dan

I have no interest in this deal other than I have been noticing the comments.

1st, 101 is a stand up guy for offering this refund.

2nd, I don't know how many were sold but I only heard of one of them cracking. It may have been a defective unit.

Put the things on and try them out before asking for your money back. He is giving you time to do that.

Last, give the guy a break! If you bought it from a guy that bought it from a guy.......It's yours! You can't expect 101 or anyone selling anything to go that far.

Edited by Dan

• 2 months later...
It keeps the turbo very close to the stock location. I didn'y have any problems connecting my existing IC, DP, or coolant and oil lines with this manifold. I haven't heard of any more cracking problems either. I ran the header for a month or so but ended up trading it for a modded magna.

It keeps the turbo very close to the stock location. I didn'y have any problems connecting my existing IC, DP, or coolant and oil lines with this manifold. I haven't heard of any more cracking problems either. I ran the header for a month or so but ended up trading it for a modded magna.

Thanks for the input.