20 HP Gain Guaranteed

VICE

we all try to guestimate our numbers. No denying it. He guestimated 325 and i thought it was high. I voiced my opinion and he refused to take my advice. It just seems ignorant when he doesnt take advice from members with experience.

Vice- Im just trying to help you out. Last thing i want is you goign around saying you have 325 to people and looking like a fool.

we all try to guestimate our numbers. No denying it. He guestimated 325 and i thought it was high. I voiced my opinion and he refused to take my advice. It just seems ignorant when he doesnt take advice from members with experience.

Vice- Im just trying to help you out. Last thing i want is you goign around saying you have 325 to people and looking like a fool.

You "Voiced" your opinion in an insulting way.

Hey Palermo do you still have your stock air filter box? If you do, remove it and get yourself some ram air materials at home depot and try it out see how much HP you gain.

I actually have the 1G mas with the K&N out in the open. I need to tweak it a bit to get the (warm)idle to settle in a little better.

Honestly, I really dont care how many horsepower my car has. I just want it to run good and look nice. So far so good quite a few bucks later.

Blind Drifter... reread your first post if you dont think you've been negative. I guess point of view is everything.

So try out the ram air, it might not look as nice as what you're aiming for but it will feed constant cold air to your open filter.

Oh no. You hurt my feelings. Let me e-thug now. "Where do you live so i pound your head in"

I dont plan on going to a dyno anytime in the near future so I wouldnt be able to "see" any gains with it. Right now I am focusing on tires, radiators, brakes, and front end stuff. That about takes care of the $ I can set aside for my summer car.

For some people its about numbers, for me its about turning the key and going somewhere.

Oh no. You hurt my feelings. Let me e-thug now. "Where do you live so i pound your head in"

You are too tiny for such posts :D

I dont plan on going to a dyno anytime in the near future so I wouldnt be able to "see" any gains with it. Right now I am focusing on tires, radiators, brakes, and front end stuff. That about takes care of the $ I can set aside for my summer car.

For some people its about numbers, for me its about turning the key and going somewhere.

You are too tiny for such posts :D

LOL Palermo.....Man I wish my car would turn the key and go.....That has been my priority for some time now.....cant seem to get it right....

to test this out you need to measure how much air is going through the tubes and find a fan to put the same cfm out and then dyno both.Seems a bit drastic.

Id rather have my car look nice then have 2 funny a** tubes sticking out the bottom of the air dam

You could find a NACA duct that would fit that hole in the airdam perfectly. I knew someone who did that and it looked trick.

Something like this below.

http://www.quickcar.net/cooling/cp_bumpduct.html

Racecars have used ductwork to cool brakes and engine components since the olden day's. It really does work..

I couldn't care less if he's making 325hp, but it sounds like his car is running strong. That's all that matters in the end.

You could find a NACA duct that would fit that hole in the airdam perfectly. I knew someone who did that and it looked trick.

Something like this below.

http://www.quickcar.net/cooling/cp_bumpduct.html

Racecars have used ductwork to cool brakes and engine components since the olden day's. It really does work..

I couldn't care less if he's making 325hp, but it sounds like his car is running strong. That's all that matters in the end.

Thank you very much, It don't take no Engineer to understand this concept.. I like that black piece it would be cool if it fit perfectly into the bumper and ducts.

allow me to give my opnion in a non-insulting way... my mods are in my sig, and on the dyno (albeit with my car running UNDER 10:1 on the dyno graph, and i have since gotten it tuned) i got 245hp and 313tq and that was untuned. i have no idea what the numbers are now that i have my walbro and the MAF-Translator dialed in and tuned. here is the list of your mods:

89 TSI: Wiseco .20 over, Pauter rods, NJV port and polished Marnal head, 284 Cam, Supra Tranny, ARPs, Clevites, 19C @ 19Psi, 3" Trilogy Exhaust, Trilogy injectors and Adj. Fuel Press. Reg. Walbro 255, K&N, Ram Air, XS RFL, MSD Digital 6 Plus, Griffin aluminum radiator. DONT BE A HATER

all right, here goes. oversized pistons and special rods will never give you extra hp. a ported and polished head, will, however. arp's and a different tranny will not give you any more hp. neither will the radiator. so basically, you have the same mods as me except you have a ported and polished head and a cam. i'm not sure, but i do not think that a ported and polished head will net you 100 more hp than my setup and mine runs EXTRA strong. again, i'm sorry if everyone else came on a little strong, but there has been one 300+ hp TBI car that i have ever heard of, and he was running extra injectors and high boost. it is an unrealistic claim, and i'm sure your car runs strong. but facts are facts. i didn't mean to come off as a richard cranium, but i'm just giving you the facts.

Well I'm getting rid of the stock fuel injection real soon..

you talking about MPI? if so, i could see you getting 300hp on an MPI car, except i believe that 19c will hold you back. it's really not in it's efficiency range after 18psi. 300hp on MPI is cake, 300hp on TBI is not.

300 is more beliveable with MPI. Only one car is 300 on TBI and they have extra injectors on the OVCP so.....

Tru well I'm shooting at around or over 400 HP with MPI on my setup.. What are you guys gona tell me that is un-realistic too? The way I see it is after I go MPI Imma get me a T-61 or T70 turbo wit a nice intercooler then I'm shooting for 500 HP which will be easily to gain with that setup.

Thats that one dragster they we're trying to sell on Ebay... I like those ducts tho to make it look flush and still keep the air ram. Ram air is notorious, SRAD Suzuki Ram Air Direct, other bikes are still using it, as so are some cars.. COLD AIR RAMMED INTO YOUR INTAKE SYSTEM will make your engines perform better no doubt about it.

Those ducts look pretty bitchen.

Vice, it's a good thing to introduce cold air. Your not really doing a ram air setup because it's not a sealed unit. But cold air is usually 20+ degrees cooler your introducing to the filter, which makes the car alot more consistent and helps heat soak. Which then makes the car feel zippier all the time.

I just wish mine ran decent at all, blown headgaskets suck.

hhmmm...

1) That car was actualy built for road course duty.

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/7865/660912ui1.jpg

2) Your set up isnt quite a ram air. Its more of a "fresh, cool air" set up.

3) Good luck on your "500hp" journey. Seriously. Cause theres only a few others i know of.... FIP, Sakura, questsi, and i THINK the red EIP quest. Keep us posted. :D