20 HP Gain Guaranteed

VICE

wow did you guys not get what you wanted for christmas? why not just either read the post and move on without beating him up or make some constructive criticism like some have on ways to improve it. so he doesn't have any dyno numbers to prove his claim. does it really hurt you to just let it go? if others in pain make you feel better then feel free to look at what I did to my finger recently :D *WARNING* this is kinda gross.

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u272/tr...nt=quest017.jpg

If any mods read this maybe you should delete all the bs comments on this post or move it to bs.

Hate? lol. I know i only had like 230 HP and i was beating 350Zs. Your claiming 325 and are only talking about beating a G35. LAME.

Blow me, get out of my topic.

Look in the 300whp club.ONLY 1 tbi has over 300 rwhp.I highly doubt it.Any track times?If you claim that amount of course i would expect at least a 1/4 mile time.

^^ Thank you. Seriously man, chill out. Your mad cause i called you out on your "325 HP". Face the facts, your not at 300. Vice, your getting your panties in a bunch.

Also need to watch what you say.

How did you cut your finger? Aight aight so I get a little angry sometimes.. You started it.. I don't want to run into you in FL and have to whoop your a$$.. But I strongly believe I'm pushing those numbers, my engine's got a fresh rebuild, balanced and blueprinted, better injectors, more fuel, more air.. If a G35 has like 290-297, I'm a little faster than a G, I'm only guessing Im a little over 300.. And the whole point of this topic is that if someone has a stock intake boxed up, get a K&N, rip that box off and with the ram air that is like a 20 hp gain.. Hard pipes are coming along with a T-Something turbo with an intercooler AFTER I go MPI..

If a G35 has like 290-297, I'm a little faster than a G, I'm only guessing Im a little over 300..

wieght gearing and the driver have alot to play in who is faster

And the whole point of this topic is that if someone has a stock intake boxed up, get a K&N, rip that box off and with the ram air that is like a 20 hp gain..

you probably didnt gain 20 hp you probably freed it up because you had a clogged crappy air filter :roll:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

again we are not "hatin" we are just trying to prevent other "noobs" from trying a mod thinking they are going to get the same results and they end up getting let down,,,,,,,that only makes us look bad

HAVE A GOOD DAY

Scott

First of all I got a K&N not some crappy filter.. And I'm not letting anybody down this mod WILL give you a HP gain, your turbo will spool up much quicker and get constant cold air so lets wait for some positive feedback shall we and who you calling a noob?

Some of us have done this before, that's why you're getting these responses. This(like many others) is a "free mod" that many of us are well aware of.

It's like the "steel pipe in accordian hose", "remove MAS cardboard star" or "gutting the precat" mods. A nice thought, but they don't really get you much in terms of power gains to the wheels.

Get rid of that accordian tube and the restrictive MAS if you want faster spool.

Say someone comes here with a stock quest expecting faster spool up after doing this. Perhaps they didn't notice you already have a 3" exhaust that helps the most with spool, and they feel like they didn't gain anything. You can't increase the intake flow and expect the already choked up exhaust to just deal with it.

Take it from people who've done this before, and keep working on it. You need to enclose the filter area and keep the engine compartment heat away. The stock setup isn't bad at all, as it already draws cooler air from the fender area.. Perhaps running the ducting to the stock aircan would work also, if you cut and welded an opening into the bottom/side. Oh wait, that's been done too.

Bring temps down further by extracting underhood heat, ah.. nevermind.

I don't suppose you have a way to log or measure the IAT's, do you?

sorry your taking a bashing here man. i have another couple questions for you not related to this mod.

are you running the 5speed supra tranny with a rodshop adapter?

also i like the hood shocks there, did you do that or a previous owner?

last question, is there something holding your battery down? i just ask because thats pretty dangerous if there isnt.

on the air filter mod, this will make a bigger difference to cars with higher HP numbers and better flowing exaust, etc,etc. If this was done to a stock car the difference would be un-noticable. Its like the KN adds that say up to 30hp, on a 1000hp car with a stock airfilter, yes, swapping to a KN will make a big difference. Every mod has to work together. Did you actually get 20hp more, doesnt matter, if to you it feels like an extra 20hp thats all that really matters.

gauging your hp based on another car is probably not going to be accurate. If i had to guess at your current setup id say you were in the neighborhood of 250hp maybe 375 ftlbs depending on boost your running. The torque is really the key there.

Yes there are ways you can improve on that setup, one would be using smooth ducting to get the air from your bumper to the airbox area, making a box around the filter to keep heat away etc etc.

Well I had cut the stock airbox a little bit but I thought it would be better off without it period.. I threw the thing away anyways but the ram air brings fresh air into it so that has to work out the hot engine air.. No I don't have THAT many mods yet but I got a solid block and thats what I wanted to start off with. Next is the MPI and after that a bad turbo with intercooler and piping, all will be done this next year coming up as I made it my resolution to finish my car off.. The shocks on the hood was Heron's idea he hooked it up.. There is nothing holding that battery, eh I'm working on that.. Dunno what A rodshop adapter is.. But a big reason why I am worked up a little bit is cuss the tranny work isnt quite finished yet and I have to send my car back down to West Palm Beach to Heron to finish it up.. The clutch isnt being pushed in enough. I'm not a mechanic but I managed to mount the Sonbich

on and make a custom bottom bracked along with a short throw shifter that both fit perfectly thank you very much.. Along wit some other R&R on the tranny..

I thought I had at least 180hp at 15psi on an S16G, straight exhaust and such, but i ended up with a whopping 160/204. You won't see 300 on that setup, ride in a 300hp car and you'll see why. Ride in an 800 hp car and you'll crap yourself.

I thought I had at least 180hp at 15psi on an S16G, straight exhaust and such, but i ended up with a whopping 160/204. You won't see 300 on that setup, ride in a 300hp car and you'll see why. Ride in an 800 hp car and you'll crap yourself.

nd let me tell ya i was excited riding in daves car with his only 160 hp

mainly because i dont have that type of power because of my exhaust

leak which will soon be fixed...

but hey no worries man just chill and let everything flow casue before you know it you'll have your mpi and be blowing a lot of us out of the water as long as you get it tuned right...or at least me any way haha

keep it real

Mike