88 Starion w/ 4g64 swap BUILT! Black/Black 5spd sunroof

Pr4mnceMan

Yep, really getting rid of it. I added up what I had in it and it made me sick. I'm either going to sell it as is or part it. If I part it the shell has to sell first. I have invested over $25K since 2003 (that I can remember, I'm sure theres over 2K more nickel/dime stuff I have forgotten) and I can't spend any more! This thing is built and ready to make min 600whp in its current condition (minus EMS). To be complete it really needs a 6 speed swap and some sort of engine management. You can make due with what I have, but in my opinion its a bandaid and not permanent. The clutch is slipping (I have ordered a new one, will be here next week) and I will be installing it asap with a low mileage '88 trans. The car is complete and I'd jump in it and drive it anywhere if it wasn't for the clutch. I was going to drive it up to Chris's a few weeks ago for a car show (its 140 miles away and I wouldn't have phone reception for 3/4 of the trip) but something came up. The car has a hick up in it around 6K rpms and with an eprom ECU it could probably be tuned out, but thats why I say the car needs some sort of aftermarket EMS to be complete. The 1g harness has got a lot of slack and laying in the passenger side compartment, I wasn't going to clean it up until it revved all the way to redline just fine. In the end I figured I'd pull the 1g harness back out and go with megasquirt etc. so I never wasted time cleaning up that existing harness. I've been struggling back and forth for the past two years about aborting the project but I finally took the car to Jonboy to finish and now that its done and I have driven it, I'm still at that mental block of not spending any more money on it. Time for something new. I'll still be around and come to meets, I don't really feel like I've "been into" these cars for a while now. This project took so damn long to finally get on the road!

Engine/drivetrain:

4g64 wide block

4g63 DOHC head

Bored .020

Wiseco 8.4:1 Forged pistons

Eagle Forged rods

4g64 crank

Balanced bottom end

Aluminum crank pulley

Ported head w/ 1mm oversized valves

HKS 272/272 cams

Crower valve springs

HKS adjustable cam gears

3000GT lifters

Magnus Sheet Metal Intake Manfiold

Forced Performance ported Red Turbo w/ 8cm housing

Ported 2g exhaust manifold

Denso 720cc Injectors

BBK 75mm throttle body

Brand new Walboro 255 in line pump

25x15x3 Front Mount IC w/ custom piping

ACT Extreme clutch w/ street disc

'88 low mileage trans

Custom aluminum driveshaft w/ 1350 U joints

1g dsm harness w/ 1g ecu

Maf Translator Gen2

3" GM Maf

Stedebani Short shifter w/ the angle

Griffin Aluminum Radiator

Body:

Garage kept since 2003 (From the shape its in, I'd say it has been the majority of its life!)

Rust free

Dent free

Original paint

Wreck Free

Tokico Shocks

Ground Control Coil Overs

Upgraded front and rear lower stabilizers

Camber plates up front

Powder coated 7's and 8's with Yokohama AVS ES100 tires (less than 800 miles)

Stewart Warner boost gauge (in cluster)

Stewart Waner Fuel Pressure Gauge

Stewart Warner Water temp Gauge

AEM Wideband (all gauges are relocated where factory a/c went)

A/C and cruise control has been removed.

I'm sure there is more I forgot, theres so much to list and I've had it for so long doing things over time. Looking for someone to make an offer on either the entire car or if it comes down to it I will part it out. This is by far the most fun AND RELIABLE!!! the car has been, I'm just at a mental block. That 2.4 w/ the dohc spools that turbo like a little 16g!

Here are a ton of pics from day one that I've had it and different set ups its seen. http://rides.webshots.com/album/89575364ZGyVzJ

Heres the topic as it was undergoing the 4g64 build with lots of pics: http://www.starquestclub.com/forums/viewto...asc&start=0

I tried to get him back into DSM's but just couldn't talk him into it. That BMW has ruined Brandon's liking for "lower class" cars like the Mitsubishi. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I talked to him and he said he was pretty stressed with things going on in life and just wanted less to worry about.

Kane

please pardon my going off topic, i am still rather new to all this.

why mate a '63 head to a '64 block? is there any gained advantage, or just craps and giggles?

Bolting a 4g63 head to a 4g64 block allows you to retain the stock sq transmission. So you don't have to deal with swapping to a t56 or w58 or what have you.

I've thought about it and added a few more things I had forgotten about and I'm over $27K now. If I can get half, $13,500, I'd sell it. Otherwise I'll slowly but surely continue to work on it. All it lacks is a 6 speed and some sort of EMS and it will be done. Problem is I'll be over $30K and I don't think I can stomach that.

The car has already made 413whp as it sits @ only 18psi and letting out at 5Krpms. This set up was designed to run 24psi on 93 octane daily and with what it has done so far I think it will be well over 500whp once the bugs have been worked out on 93 octane.

thats why i stopped counting after 12 grand.to have gotten this far you have to have a tremendous love for starquest.if you look at the new cars coming out that have near that much hp,youll pay 30 grand easy.And personally i dont think they look as good.I wish mine looked as good as yours.I appreciate the work youve done to it and i hope you finish it.

I've made up my mind, it has to go. I'll leave it here until the first of the year, wait on the Christmas rush to be over with and try ebay or if someone wants the body first I'll part the rest.

Its like a bad girlfriend thats fun, I enjoy it when I drive it but otherwise its a headache on top of my other ones that I don't need right now. I'm just done wrenching for the moment, got other areas I need to put my time/money in. If I let it sit it will just rot. This isn't just a quick decision, I've been debating this for over 2 years, but decided to pay to get it done to drive it and see if it changed my mind, and it didn't.

$11,500 as it sits.

man.... ,ann,,,,,,,, man......

maybe i can win the lottery...

sell my bike and my civic and the minivan.

or i will trade you an 01 plymouth minivan with a 03 katana in the back,,,

lol

dont sell it. i sold my "project car and some kid totalled it 2 months later.

Willing to do some trading as well, easier to trade a lot of times for something like this opposed to coming off the cash.

what kind of trades are you looking for and what are you asking for just the body?

Something I could turn around and sell quick/easily for $12K+.

What I want for the body is kind of hard to answer. How bare do you want the essentials to be? It has less than 500 miles on the Yokohama tires/powdercoated wheels, Aluminum Radiator (also less than 500 miles) ground control coilvers, stewart warner 40psi boost gauge, water temp gauge, fuel pressure gauge and AEM wideband. Its a super super super clean body with zero rust, zero dings, factory paint etc. I would never part the shell out, this thing would be sold as a whole to someone who was going to put it back on the road. If I was to just pull the motor/trans out and leave everything else in the car I'd probably ask $3500. That would be everything stated above + the custom exhaust + 255 walboro (less than 50 miles) new 1/2" fuel line etc. Take all the extras off and you'd probably have a free shell.