another 5.0 swap+turbo

tim si

Yep, Great pics of an awesome car. I had the pleasure of riding in this beast for a beer run........It was SWEET!

Chad-

Man i wish you had taken a real ride in it.ive got alot of the tuning issues worked out now and took a ride on 15 psi the other day.Ya Braden,thats your skills Edited by tim si

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

True but carb are soooooooooooooooooo simple and easier. No wiring and injectors and sensors to worry about if this or that is wrong and no electrical codes to play with if something is wrong. I'm no electrical genius Haha. So I'm trying to get as much info as I can before I pick a route and stick.with it.

I haven't read through your entire thread so I'm not sure if you have covered this or not. If so I will find out soon and I almost also looking through older 5.0 swaps on this forum to see how they all workout so I will ne better knowledged when I get parts and start doing work.

Edited by Ron Burgandy

Well you should probably go with what youre most comfortable with.Theres nothing wrong with a good carb.If you go efi,youd be better off going with an aftermarket harness from Ford Racing Performance and be done with it.Its been simplified with all the extra stuff taken out.I had to peel through my harness and eliminate all kinds of wires that i wasnt useing.I spent several weeks looking at wiring diagrams and stripping wires.You probably dont have to do it but it makes things alot nicer.I finally swapped to the FAST ecu and wiring but havent worked out all the bugs yet.

Good luck working out the bugs in the F.A.S.T. system.

Did you buy it new or used? I've been involved in several "used" installs and ultimately, they go this route:

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/package-deals-ford50-c-53_57.html

DIY kit, Installer kit, or Plug'N'Play.

your car has the hotness going on. I like it.

You're not the only one to tell me that.I bought mine new,not really any bugs.Just gotta get the tune cleaned up.Their product support sucks.In the end,im happy with it.I just need to clean everything up.But yes the Megasquirt would have done everything i needed..

lol Tim...and we don't want to know how many megasquirts you could have bought... :) You know this is one of my favorite conquests ever. I can' t wait to run it down the track...I mean ride... :)

Thats good,cause im not telling :angry: Ill be ready for Jimmy's meet.Hopefully see ya then.

• 6 months later...
Tim. My 302 swap is nearing putting the engine and tranny in but i'm havn trouble tryin to decide what the best way to go with the drive shaft is:( i saw ur post about doin it a couple diff ways. What would be the best way to go about it i bout a new mustang tailshaft yolk and u joint but trying to figure out wether i should just hav it mated to the quest shaft or?

Well its really going to depend on how much power you plan on making.theres nothing wrong with the factory shaft but it uses smaller u-joints.Im sure itll still have to be shortened.What kinda #s are you looking for?

I'm gunna drift it mostly but i will hit the track with my setup i'm thinkin it'll prolly only be mid 12's i hope. I'd idealy like to use the factory shaft and just change the u joint but it'll prolly hav to be modified. Edited by sleeper tsi

• 1 month later...

ok i was jus given a 302 and t5 what do ya need to do this swap i have engine harness ecu trans factory headers

10 pages of information and thats what you post....come on man.....

Do some of your own research and ask specific questions. There are pictures of the motor mounts....custom headers needed....etc....????