EIP Intake Manifold conquest or starion 2.6l

LBSOHK

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not a proven fuel delivery system. Thats why your not getting any offers.

CALIBER 308

can you eleborate?

Chris Heefner has been using one for years...

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showuser=4125

There are a few others, but none of them are regulars. It's not a popular intake, but it's not unproven IMHO.

Oh wow, an expert on this system already.

EIP went 10's with it, the fuel rail works, it's up to you to get the injectors and fuel pump right... even the fuel pressure gauge for some people is a big task to work out for some reason.

This is a good buy for those interested!!! Someone pick this up and go fast for a change!!

The issue is that even though the EIP intake is rather nice and is a great race application. To most it is a pain to install. If modifications are necessary to install it most people don't want to make any more then they have to already with a magna. I have personally seen the EIP quest in person. I was quoted 1600 for the intake, haltec system, installation and tuning. I personally wouldn't not purchase this instake because the price is to high. Your asking 750 for an item they sold for 500 new around the time they stopped selling them. Whether he spent 1400 or 1200 for it doesn't make a difference because final price from the manufacture was alot less. Thats like buying a brand new car and 2 months later they drop the price on them and your trying to sell yours for above retail.

If you are considering making your vehicle a full blown out race car like EIP did then by all means and plop down the money for this if you want to. I would rather go with chad's that have been proven as well for the fraction of the price this gentleman wants. No offense to you wanting to sell this item for the most amount of money as possible but you have to notice that even your Ebay sale went no where and had 0 bids. Sell it for 400-450 and they will come.

That ladies and gentleman was my unwanted 2 cents....thanks

i just bought this same intake manifold off sam AKA emagdnim for $830 and i kno it was worth it i just need a fuel rail and figure out my combo for injectors and wat not and call it a day, some one needs to pick up this manifold before some retard buys it and it sits in the back of his garage doing absolutly nothing, as sam says HOW MY MODS DO U HAVE LAYING AROUND? just buy the dam. thing later Edited by monte383sbc

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
wats up i know this is a long shot but i really want that intake but cash is short the only thing that i have of realy value is my sacred 83 hood in imac condition it is black it was striped and ever little repall was fixed and sealed and painted semi gloss it is probaly the best you will see i have 500.00 for hood and another 250..too get in perfect shape if you want to trade i will ever ship it for free pixs on replay

The issue is that even though the EIP intake is rather nice and is a great race application. To most it is a pain to install. If modifications are necessary to install it most people don't want to make any more then they have to already with a magna. I have personally seen the EIP quest in person. I was quoted 1600 for the intake, haltec system, installation and tuning. I personally wouldn't not purchase this instake because the price is to high. Your asking 750 for an item they sold for 500 new around the time they stopped selling them. Whether he spent 1400 or 1200 for it doesn't make a difference because final price from the manufacture was alot less. Thats like buying a brand new car and 2 months later they drop the price on them and your trying to sell yours for above retail.

If you are considering making your vehicle a full blown out race car like EIP did then by all means and plop down the money for this if you want to. I would rather go with chad's that have been proven as well for the fraction of the price this gentleman wants. No offense to you wanting to sell this item for the most amount of money as possible but you have to notice that even your Ebay sale went no where and had 0 bids. Sell it for 400-450 and they will come.

That ladies and gentleman was my unwanted 2 cents....thanks

That's BS. I've been running an earlier version for over 9 years on my quest. I've had very little problems with the intake. It's true there are no provisions for a thermostat or to be able to use the stock a/c compressor. Other than that. I've had the intake off the motor 3 different times with very little problems putting it back on the car. The intake sold from EIP for $1300 new ( live 20 minutes from where the shop used to be). For someone that has some time, a little comon sense and is mechanically inclined this intake is no more difficult to use than any other MPI. As for the fuel rail, you can buy a section of fuel rail and take it to a machine shop to have it drilled to fit the manifold.

• 8 months later...
I'm glad a few members can understand that I didn't want to see anyone get scammed... it happens far to often here, and a lot of people know it. :roll:

quoted for comedy.

lawlz

• 6 months later...