WHO HAVE FUEL INJECTION PRO ON THERE CARS??

I believe that our systems are the most tried and proven. With about 200+ systems installed on the Conquest and Starion, plus our own tests and daily use for five years it has been shown that when our kits are installed correctly it will work first time. Our kits have a one year warranty on all parts we make and we fully support all our systems (we return calls 7 days a week 10am to 10 pm.).

Our ECU's have proven to be very reliable.

Ed

seems to me there are more SDS users than FIP, and they rarely come here for help with them... I'm not dogging the FIP product, but 200+ seems pretty high to me. I honestly doubt there are that many MPI's in the entire country, and only a minority are FIP at that.

By my estimates there are ~100 magnas, about 5 or 6 EIP's , about 15 of mine, and probably a dozzed of the TEP vesion, add to that the probable 20 or so home jobs out there, that's less than 150. And of those, I can guarantee less than half run, or ever have.

I have the complete FIP system, and yes they do reply to you pretty quick, but I replaced their Fuel and Ign. pro with Megasquirt because I was having troubles with getting a good constant spark, and from putting the battery on the booster to keep cranking and trying different things, the Fuel Pro got some traces fried. So I used their wiring harnesses and wired them up to the megasquirt. I am just waiting for my electronics wiz brother to get back from the race track with his car to help me tune. But other than the ECU's I'm very happy with their set-up and quality of the manifold.

Yeah, I agree with chad on the fact that no matter how many MPI setups there are out there, most aren't running right now. Give it a year or two and most of them will be running. Mine should be ready by the end of july. Magna with what I will say is a unique EMS in the starquest world.

I Have the FIP magna fuel control on my car and I'm happy with it. It started on the first try, and ran pretty well without any tuning, although way rich. I could never get the ignition pro to work on my car, still don't know why, but I'm trading it in for their new distributorless system. As far as the number of running mpi cars out there, I think that there are a lot more than you guys estimate. I know of 4 running mpi cars in my area, and I live on an island thats 30 miles long. :shock: A lot of guys don't frequent these forums.

• 2 weeks later...

I have FIP. Yes. There are some glitches that I ran into and tried fixing. It worked on the first crank, but needed adjustment must like many other standalones. I had a lot of fun, but the gaskets never last when you boost 30 psi. That is why I o-ringed mine. I purchased their ED-IS-ON too, but I have been away for the last 5 months due to school, so now its crunch time. I will be letting you all know how all of this will do in my car. I think it will be just fine.

So to answer your question, Yes the cars with FIP run, but most people who got FIP (hurricane system) are looking for max performance and then you run into reliability issues and other things disable these cars from running. Otherwise, their hardware is solid built, their support is great to have, and what more can we ask for for a car that has not much support in the MPI world?

Im running the fip magna controller and it is very nice. The 8X8 maps are the only thing i could complain about. 12X12 would be nice to have, but i can live.

cold start is the only real concern on this controller, and they sell product to remedy this.

good work guys

I have the FIP complete system and yes, It starts right up and runs great.

There will always be some tuning need with every standalone system.

The system is simple to install and tune, I have no issues with my setup.

BTW; There are alot of MPI Starquest cars out there that never visit these sites.

She fired right up on the first crank again!! Oh and I did not have any problems with it kicking back like it used to, so I am very happy already! ED has installed the high resolution program on my fuel computer so that I can fine tune those 96 lb injectors a little better than before, so this is definitley a great start. I have not even hooked my laptop up to it...its late right now and I dont want my neighbors waking up to the tune of the magnaflow!

Lets see how the day turns out tomorrow! Everyday so far has been geat progress!

Like borat says...GREAT SUCCESS!

Well, I still have not really gotten into it yet, but from what I understand, my fuel computer is now capable of controlling the big injectors with more precision, so that driveability is enhanced. I hope that ED can drop a line or two to explain it a bit further. You see, before I did this, my car would run pig rich, and if I was to lean it out by adjusting the fuel maps, I still could not get it to idle and be smooth when I drive around in the city streets. stop go traffic. I assume that with this upgrade, I should be able to have a more street friendly tune!

bigger injectors makes for harder idle tuning, it's jsut like a big tail carb on a street driven V-8, you can go too big.

Increasing resolution will help, but you can only take some much duty cycle out and still make the injector open corretly. Go too low to run a lean smooth idle, and it just may not open at all an it won't run right now mater what.

some of your big $$ systems allow you to set your peramiters so you can have several idle only colums right next to each other, helps increase idle resolution, but even on those "too big" is still "too big".

Got her to idle today. It just takes time and patience my friends. I think a bolt on my flywheel has come loose and makes a nasty tapping noise. She is in the garage now just waiting to have some time to pull the tranny and put in the ACT xtreme kit.

With the map that ED gave me, she runs like a dream! Fast spool and easy to drive, but just the idle was an issue. Im not worried about the 96 lb injectors. :lol: ..they are controllable and yes I was driving my starion around town without difficulty!

Oh yeah...head gasket is felpro...cyl head is o-ringed..I got the right guy locally that does a fantastic job on the O-ring.... I just have a tranny problem...I think a bolt has come loose of something, anyways.. I was gonna drop in the Fidanza and the ACT extreme kit anyways so its all good.

• 2 months later...

I have been running their Hurricane system for about two months now and have nothing but good things to say about it. The only issue I do have is traction, now that I have a new clutch. One of the best things is that every part that wears out over time (gaskets, ign. mod., injectors, etc.) can be found at a local parts store incase something happens.

I was having a problem picking up a signal from the dist., so I thought it was a bad ignition module. I picked one up at the local Autozone the same day. (turned out to be a short in the factory wiring harness) I am going to replace my head in a couple of weeks and I called them up to order an intake gasket and he had a part # for Autozone.

Outstanding design, great attention to detail, excellent customer service!