Jayton's Car

Jayton

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jayton does your wife / girlfriend work for a company that puts flat screens in schools? i think she may work with one of my buddies.

every few months there is a dyno day at ripp mods in staten island im sure ones is about due. its like 75 for 3 pulls 150 for pulls with tunning.

there are also a few other more local dyno's in the area one at nrg tech

one at speed world one at top level performance one at drt one at TNR there are a few others that i cant remember off the top of my head.

i can let you know next time there is something going on maybe we can convince jozel to get his car tunned too :roll:

Yes she does and she told me the other day that Andrew (i think that's his name) knows someone with 2 Starions and that they showed him the article on my car online. I figured it had to be you or Jozel. Small world.

I was gonna go to speedworld to do some dyno runs. Have you ever been there?

Hey guys,

I went to PSP (Power Surge Performance) in Port Jeff today and got the Mistu dynoed. Let's just say it wasn't pretty. But I think that I figured out that I don't have a valve guide sticking, it looks like it's the 12A that has some issues. Anyway, she maxed out at 100.99 HP, 146.62 Torque, 8.49 Boost (but it was real erratic). She is also burning rich, an 11.00 on the Air/Fuel reading. She was topping out at around 4.75 on the tach (turbo started sputtering). But atleast now I know where she stands.

It's old.....I'm really not sure. I thought I had a valve guide sticking but after today I realized that the smoke seems to be coming from the turbo. Maybe seals or shaft play. Everything is original with 50,200 miles on her. I mean she runs strong. She just likes to smoke and the turbo likes to sputter at higher rpm's. As long as I keep the rpm's at 2g's or better it's all good but anything less, done the protective mask....

They are aluminum 1 3/8 hose to 12AN adapter fittings. I just used silicone flex couplers at the radiator, T-stat and water pump and plumbed the rest with SS braided hose and aluminum hose ends. You cant see it in the photo but the lower hose is done also.

I was tired of the typical radiator hose options and wanted something unique.

Thanks for the compliments

Yes she does and she told me the other day that Andrew (i think that's his name) knows someone with 2 Starions and that they showed him the article on my car online. I figured it had to be you or Jozel. Small world.

I was gonna go to speedworld to do some dyno runs. Have you ever been there?

yeah that was me deffinetly is a small world. ive never been to sto their dyno my co worker brought his monty there said they were good. i can get you some more info on the place if you like from him

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You very much. When I originally called the appraiser to let him know what kind of car I needed appraised he was a little put off as to why. Needless to say he was VERY impressed with it and actually wanted to appraise it for more (I was hoping for $65 to $75K), but said that the insurance companies just wouldn't see it as being worth that much.

I'm grateful to have it covered for what it is. Hopefully I never have to put in a claim!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...