T3-T04 possible??

but the twin scroll benifits only come from a twin scroll (devided) manifold, we would have to engineer something to make that work on the G54B. It's well within reason to do so, but no one has done it, and thus it won't be a cheap parts swap.

The twin scroll doens't flow better, it just spools faster.

I had a friend with a 2g that went from a 16g to a 20g and hated the lag. Bought a evo16 and loved the hell outta it and it pulled had than the 20g at 20psi. Thats the only experience with it Ive got for you. The rest is all what Ive read. Couldnt you just knife edge the turbine inlet?

The benifit comes from pulse timing, not just flow improvement. It benifits from both, but the pulse timing is 80% of what makes it work better.

Are you saying your friend used an EVO 16G on his 2G? If so did he run the EVO manifold on the 2G motor, or did he modify the 2G manifold to accept the special EVO pattern? that will answer where the differnece comes from.

I will totaly accept that a defided 16G turbo on a devided manifold will pull like a 20G, and spool like a 14G, but only if the turbine and manifold are both designed for each other. that being said, if you took a devided manifold and ran an undevided turbine housing, you just lost power, even if the compresor was bigger.

I will be using a .82 stage 3 T3 non-divided exhaust housing on my 61mm S-cover turbo. What RPM do you think I will reach 15 psi (the wastegate spring pressure)? :)

3400 -3600 still tolerable

The benifit comes from pulse timing, not just flow improvement. It benifits from both, but the pulse timing is 80% of what makes it work better.

Are you saying your friend used an EVO 16G on his 2G? If so did he run the EVO manifold on the 2G motor, or did he modify the 2G manifold to accept the special EVO pattern? that will answer where the differnece comes from.

I will totaly accept that a defided 16G turbo on a devided manifold will pull like a 20G, and spool like a 14G, but only if the turbine and manifold are both designed for each other. that being said, if you took a devided manifold and ran an undevided turbine housing, you just lost power, even if the compresor was bigger.

Crap I couldnt tell you that. But, I never heard him say nothing about putting on a different manifold. He wasnt the type to lie either. All I really know is he bought the evo 16g and put it on. He would have known if it were a typical 16g cause he had one.

Are you sure the comp wheel isnt bigger. I swear I read that acouple places.

CRAP! Well I guess I was confused cause looking around he must have put on one of the Evo lll 16G's so it didnt have the ywin scroll but is still 400hp capable. My bad. :)

http://www.turbochargers.com/Turbos/TurboUpgrades/evo3.htm

http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=52&

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'd say that you should get the t3/t4 for now. You can upgrade other parts to match it later, but get something that will be flexible for the future. So, get a bigger exhaust housing like .82 rather than the small ones. Spoolup might be decreased a bit, but you will be ready for MPI later.

You can buy a nice cast manifold from ebay and it bolts right up, but needs a custom downpipe made.

you don't happen to know the store name or have a link?

never mind that was easy enough to find.

not to bring up an old thread.. but its time for me to get a new turbo..

What size T3-T4 do you guys recommend???

How long are you planning to stick with the stockish fuel system? Do you plan on going MPI anytime soon?

If not, you might be happiest for the next year or two with a S16, or even a "small" 16g. I've really liked mine during the gradual modding process. With some porting all over and *DM pipes, mine's hitting full 15psi boost by around 2400rpm on the TBI.

You can always trade up for larger when the other mods are there to support a solid T3 or T4. Of course I may be biased. :)

These guys know more than I do of course. Toss out your goals for the next few years and they'll set you straight.