-AN adapter to PS pump.

standard rubber lined braided stainless -4, -6, and -8 are rated at 1500 PSI, the teflon lined is double those values at 3000.

I belive PS aplications reache somewhere iteh neighborhood of 600 PSI max.

quickconq wrote:

i thought most stainless braided hose is rated at or close to 1000 psi

wat is the rateing for this hose??

It was recomended for power steering applications and many power steering pumps can exceed 1000psi if only for a short period of time so if you are running line with a burst rating of 1000 psi you could have a failure. I am not sure even if you hold our steering at lock if it will generate that much pressure.... I think the hose is over kill for our application considering we use ATF fluid which is no where near as corrosive or hard on rubber as PS or brake fluid. You could use the fittings with any kind of hose you choose I just went the way they directed me after telling the tech at Earls what i was trying to do. It is a SS braided line with a cloth covering and teflon center, the only line they recomend for PS applications I was told.

just for referance it routes across the radiator support very nicely to avoid the firewall I am replacing the low pressure line as well and putting a PS cooler (small trans cooler) to replace the loop we have at the front bumper.

So, is that an inverted seal on the 14mm end... so it will seal?

Do you have the Jegs Part number?

Here is your picture posted....

http://www.blissland.net/starquest/zack/2006_images/100_0075.jpg

what are the size of the fittings in the oil block adapter to the cooler ?

Hey emagdnim,

Just an FYI,

Those Purolator Oil Filter starved my engine of oil and I spun a Rod bearing on a brand new rebuild. Now I only use K&N 1005

Why are you telling me this? Thats not my car.

If you read the thread, I simply helped him out by posting his picture.

wow

i just bought a car had a rebuilt motor and the guy said he was drivin it and it just quit,,,,and was locked up

i took it all apart,,,and he wasnt kiddin ,,,new wisco,,new head,,new everything,,,,the bottom end was clean

spun the number one rod bearing

and it had that puralator oil filter on it exact same one,,,,,i just went out to the garage to double check

is this the first time this has been brought up?????

bryen

Hey emagdnim,

Just an FYI,

Those Purolator Oil Filter starved my engine of oil and I spun a Rod bearing on a brand new rebuild. Now I only use K&N 1005

Why are you telling me this? Thats not my car.

If you read the thread, I simply helped him out by posting his picture.

The pic in the post is mine, I have been using Purolator for the last 6 years without any problems..........

Tux, I don't remember the size exactly for the oil block adapter. I think it was 16mm to -6AN from Aeroquip :?

Zack 8)

i agree the purolater filter had nothing to do with your oil starved engine

there is a web site that did side by side tests and most of the purolator brands got the best ratings. Even the infamous "frams" didnt get bad marks.

Ive run them all(name brand), i usually like WIX and purolator but if the Frams are on sale ill slap one on. They are only on my car for a month and half at a time anyhow.

• 2 months later...

I am running EAR-130606 -6 power steering hose, EAR-134606ERL -6 45 deg JIC hose ends, (2) EAR-9919DFHERL -6 AN to 14MM-1.5 adapter, and EAR-139106 90 deg JIC

this is on the high pressure side only and the line is the braided blue cloth ordered from summit the total was $108 with tax

im doing that for sure. thanks for the part numbers!

• 9 months later...

FYI on the power steering system pressures: the factory service manual, on page 19-3 (the specs page for the steering system) lists the pump pressures as 1067 to 1166psi - basically around 1100 psi. So 1000psi rated hose is nowhere near enough.

mike c.

The hose I'm using is rated to 2600Psi, completely different than the regular braided-type which is ok for oil and fuel lines :wink:

Make sure whatever you're using for the PS lines is for PS application and has a teflon liner. :wink:

Zack 8)