Various pieces/parts from an '84 flatty *NOW WITH PICS!*

Big Al

Well some of you remember the '84 flatty that I found in the tow yard behind my place (General concensus was 85.5 but I looked at the sticker under the hood and it claims U.S.E.P.A. for 1984 model year so...). Well today I went and talked to the owner of the lot. I told him I planned on listing the car here for parts and he said to let him know. SO If someone is interested in parts from this car I'll give a little description of what I saw. I will post pics when I get them uploaded to my host (Shortly I hope).

It is an '84 X15 Starion flatty. 5 lug wheels look to be in good shape. The engine is in pieces and ALL glass is busted out. The airdam has 1 SMALL rip in it (Likely easily repaired). Also the taillights are in near perfect condition for having sat so long. The various engine pieces are in the trunk but look for the most part to be about shot. The head is gone and the block is rusty. The trans MAY be in good shape. It's a die roll on that as it's been sitting (Block still bolted to it). The intake I did NOT see but I DID find the throttle body sitting in the trunk. 2 black injectors still in place in the throttle body (Again untested so I cannot verify worth there). The body panels have minor dings at the worst and the worst is the hood where it looks like it was hit fairly hard at least twice by decent sized rocks. The power steering pump and the AC compressor ARE still in the vehicle under the hood so if they worked before I'd guess they still work now. Pistons have been removed and are rusting in the trunk but the crank remains in place. Now the interior... Blue cloth interior is probably waterlogged. Seats have NO tears that I could see for the time I spent looking BUT would need a good drying and probably a VERY thorough cleaning to get pristine. Carpet is shot (Waterlogged). Other pieces are likely available again just ask. The rear hatch cover IS in the car though not sure if it's any good or not. Will look more next time I pop in there. If there's anything else you'd like to know just ask.

I know someone was seriously hurting for an air dam and I'll go through the old post about this car to find him and give him first dibs. Anything else just ask and I'l try to get over there for pics. I will likely be trying to buy the car and strip it where it sits.

All right I got the pics uploaded I'm going to throw them up and I'll worry about descriptions and whatnot later. Not sure how big the pics are and I don't have Photoshop anymore so I'll resize later as well.

These are in NO particular order BTW.

accompressor.jpg

block.jpg

driverdoor.jpg

lffront.jpg

lhairdam.jpg

passdoor.jpg

passinterior.jpg

passseat.jpg

pspump.jpg

rfside.jpg

rhairdam.jpg

trunk.jpg

trunkparts.jpg

That's all I have for now. If you're interested let me know what you want to see and if it's there I'll take some pics next week.

Jimmy,

The ISC is on the TB in the back right? I know the TB had one pigtail hanging off it but it also poured ALOT of rusty water out when I picked it up. Will that harm the ISC or is it still good? I will be parting it as there is likely nearly no saving this car (Short of a lotto win at least). Someone on here MIGHT be able to save her and if that's the case I'll try to keep the shell together but it will be a gruelling task to even consider it.

VBrad,

Reply sent.

So you think that the hood is off an '84? I think the guy was planning on trying to intercool the '84 as there aren't any of the other cloth pipes... I'll have to look and take more pics on Monday. Either way I will have to see if I can manage to get the ETACS out and test it somehow... (Back to my old thread and a thought on getting the mitsu song in my '88).

I need the side vents, and the entire chassis so I can have five lug...lol. But let's start with the side vents.

Edit: This may sound like an odd request, but I need the driver's side cover that goes over the seatbelt assembly behind to the door panel, and the plastic that goes on the door if it can be removed halfway decent. Some idiot tore off the plastic and left off the cover, so when it rains my seatbelt gets wet. Thanks again.

All right I'm keeping a list on who has dibs on what. I will post the list as things go. So far here is the lineup:

Jimmy - ISC

VBrad - Rear Seats

Mainstream - Center Console

C Pillar Trim

Starion0352 - Side Lights

Starion76 - C Pillar Trim (Backup)

Driver's Side Seatbelt Assembly Cover

Lidoidol - Wheels

As for the header panel and grill I will be using them but I will sell the ones I don't need once things are done. I also will likely be swapping out the side marker lights so they match. Again I'll be selling you my current ones instead.

Parts prices will likely depend on what I can talk the guy down to.

When you refer to the bumper frame, are you talking about the ACTUAL bumper (Not the bumper cover which MOST people refer to as the bumper)? Or are you talking about where it mounts?

I will be pulling the air dam off as I'm SURE someone needs it or will in the near future.

Jimmy,

I'll be nice and bring it with me for him at PF07. I'll be there this year with or without my car.

how badly cracked is the air dam? Im looking for one that can be boxed up and sent to New Zealand without bein too big for postage. Let me know how much ur after and the condition pls, and well go from there. U take paypal?

Cheers