so im buying a hurricane

Im pretty dead set on getting the whole kit

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/edwardcase00/H4PRICE.html

I think 2200 is quite a bit of money but i will be pulling my motor as soon as importwarrior gets the title from the dmv and to me, so i mine as well do it with it out.My car has a few electrical problems.

I wasent sure how it gets wired up.Is it a completely new harness for the car or does it get spliced in to the existing?

Hopefully with some friends help(cokedoctor)Ill have one of the meanest setups in the northeast.I want to build it right the first time and actually have a car that will not break down on me every other week.

My mod list:

Marnel Head ported and Polished

Weisco forged pistons

dads rods

My crankshaft is at a crank place getting knifeedged.

20g turbo

Act clutch

Fidanza Flywheel

Thats what i have so far.

I plan on purchasing one of tim_c's cams.

The hurricane setup

I need a few things like gaskets and a new water pump and replace the old if its worn.

the harness is pretty much plug and play. you can either leave it intact and splice into the stock fp, power, etc. or you can pull the harness and run your own wires. i have mine connected to the stock harness right now, and will later pull the harness when i have the time.

Is it worth the bang for the buck.I hear that if you use a magna and all that it costs alittle less but about the same.Id rather not have to worry about getting all the parts for it and just purchase the hurricane instead new.

The only place that offers them is Fuelinjectionpro.com?Is that the cheapest really?Does A company make it or just your average guy?

Is it worth the bang for the buck.I hear that if you use a magna and all that it costs alittle less but about the same.Id rather not have to worry about getting all the parts for it and just purchase the hurricane instead new.

The only place that offers them is Fuelinjectionpro.com?Is that the cheapest really?Does A company make it or just your average guy?

the only thing you'd need to do is ic pipes and thats it. plus its a killer looking intake

Im pretty dead set on getting the whole kit

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/edwardcase00/H4PRICE.html

I think 2200 is quite a bit of money but i will be pulling my motor as soon as importwarrior gets the title from the dmv and to me, so i mine as well do it with it out.My car has a few electrical problems.

I wasent sure how it gets wired up.Is it a completely new harness for the car or does it get spliced in to the existing?

Hopefully with some friends help(cokedoctor)Ill have one of the meanest setups in the northeast.I want to build it right the first time and actually have a car that will not break down on me every other week.

My mod list:

Marnel Head ported and Polished

Weisco forged pistons

dads rods

My crankshaft is at a crank place getting knifeedged.

20g turbo

Act clutch

Fidanza Flywheel

Thats what i have so far.

I plan on purchasing one of tim_c's cams.

The hurricane setup

I need a few things like gaskets and a new water pump and replace the old if its worn.

If you have not gotten the 20G yet go bigger. use nothing less tha a 60-1. they can be had at MIC turbo for about 600.00 last i checked

[quote="tigertron

If you have not gotten the 20G yet go bigger. use nothing less tha a 60-1. they can be had at MIC turbo for about 600.00 last i checked

Its a hybrid 20 g.Td05 intake,tdo6 exhaust housing.It came with the quest i bought so i figured it would save me a few hundred or so.If it dosent satisfy me then ill go bigger.Hopefully you guys will be seeing a quest in the 12s come summer

[quote=tigertron

Its a hybrid 20 g.Td05 intake' date='tdo6 exhaust housing.It came with the quest i bought so i figured it would save me a few hundred or so.If it dosent satisfy me then ill go bigger.Hopefully you guys will be seeing a quest in the 12s come summer[/quote]

yup, thats the spirit.

• 2 months later...
well maybe you should see if you can just get the intake alone because I used to have that kit but dislike the computer. It was a pain in the a**. So went over to Megasquirt and no kick back like the FIP computer did and alot more power for some reason. I spent over 10k on my setup and only got me to the 13 second range for 1/4 mile on a T70. I was pissed.

well maybe you should see if you can just get the intake alone because I used to have that kit but dislike the computer. It was a pain in the a**. So went over to Megasquirt and no kick back like the FIP computer did and alot more power for some reason. I spent over 10k on my setup and only got me to the 13 second range for 1/4 mile on a T70. I was pissed.

its nice that you mentioned you cracked block!!! or that you cant listen and follow directions.

That FIP setup worked like a charm for me. I had hardly any problems with it and when I did a called up ed/scott for help and they helped me through it, even staying on the phone with me for almost an hour while I was troubleshooting.

• 2 months later...
very nice! when it is together i would like to come down and see it! keep in touch.
yeah will do.

All i need now is to get the turbo rebuilt.A crankscraper.And the Ic piping which might be the hardest thing to find.