New 60MM "Stock" Replacement Throttle Body R&D

Here's is the new prototype 60MM throttle body that I am working on which will be used with a custom mixer housing that can use the stock injectors or there will be a 2 or 4 extra injector option. This version has no vacuum port holes just a smooth bore. All feedback is welcome.

http://www.2.6liter.com/userfiles/brianpaul98/60MM%20Big%20Mouth/P1210551.JPG

that's awesome. hey, i didn't know you lived in Wilmington. i'm about three hours from ya, but if i'm ever that way i'll give you guys a holler. good luck with the throttle body.

looks great man let me know a estimated price? also I am going to need the a worked intake manifold ,,throttle body,, and injector mixing housing my buddy evanesense says your a great guy and I got a 89 ecu from you on ebay a few months ago .. so please pm me with price options??? thanks,,, rich

brian if you are making a new housing for the tb you should make it so it faces forward like how art has his setup. i think we could see some lower temps if it wasnt running across the top of a hot motor :roll:

just my 2cents.

so what are you doing different to it from the 52mm? just taking it all the way back so there is now j/v and egr passages?

i have been looking for and excuse to go back in and port my intake some more, it was one of the last on the porting list and i know i could have shaved it back a little more. but i was tired of breathing metal shaving at that point.

still impressed with the 52mm, good thing i have more then one car that can use this mod. :wink:

Thats great put me on a list for this!!!

That would be perfect adapted to a Carvan Intake manifold!!!

Would this work with the FIPros fuel rail as well??

Looks great so far, keep up the good work!!

I am gonna 3rd the TB faces forward,

Where about are you in the price range??

Thanks Jesse

Yeah, I'm not quite sure I understand what happens to those three vac. ports when the inside casting that one flowed one of them up through is now gone. Should that one just be plugged, and the source routed to the mixer nipple by the mixer intake?

Is that the middle one I'm talking about? If so, that ones's plugged anyway :)

• 2 weeks later...
Here's is the new prototype 60MM throttle body that I am working on which will be used with a custom mixer housing that can use the stock injectors or there will be a 2 or 4 extra injector option. This version has no vacuum port holes just a smooth bore. All feedback is welcome.

Bump, PM sent.

Hello everyone,

As it stands now I have built a 60MM prototype throttle body but the vacuum ports are blocked off due to the fact that it had to be sleeved with a stainless sleeve in order to get the inside diameter that large. The jet valve port is also gone but I don't think anyone will be too upset over that one. The holes can be re-drilled or just pick up the signal from the intake manifold or mixer housing depending if you want idle vacuum or boost pressure. If you are a do it yourselfer I can sell you the 60Mm throttle body and you can do the rest on your end or you can wait till we get the complete setup put together. Right now I'm nursing an injury that broke a bone in my right hand and 20 stitches so I won't be doing much in the shop for a few weeks. The throttle body's are going to be selling for about $200.00 complete with shaft seals installed, both surfaces machined, new 60MM stainless flap and .100" milled shaft. The package will be selling for about $450.00 to $500.00 but will be either a bolt on unit or you can have your mixer housing pointing forward to make that custom IC piping setup. The expense will come from the TIG welding and fabrication of the mixer housing so your throttle linkage will still function properly. I would love to put my full effort into this but at this time I'm not able to do it. Ok, hope this answers some questions and I will try to post a picture of the base of the TB.

Not a problem, I try to get questions answered asap. Its just good business and respectful to the members. I was really excited about getting this 60MM project up and running because there are just so few big bolt on parts we can get aside from going full multiport. Realistically I can't see many guys having the money or know how to do it themselves. I know a few pretty sharp guys that are having troubles with their multiport setups so a novice would be lost. What I find funny are the people that tell a newbie, Oh don't waste your money on that that, just save up for a Multiport!! Well, by the time the kid (or adult) can save up to buy the intake, then the injectors, then buy his stand alone FMU then go get it installed and tuned his grand kids will be finishing it up for him. With my 52MM setups they are a complete bolt on kit. Nothing more to do or buy and you get a very noticeable improvement over the stock throttle body for about $350.00 fully ported with all the gaskets. You will have at least $1800.00 into just the parts for a good multiport / Magna intake setup not including installation and tuning. I just saw a Magna on e-Bay for something like $650.00 shipped and it didn't get one bid. I admit it was a bit high but they just aren't in any junkyards here so what do you do?

For those who like to squabble heres some real numbers :

Magna Intake : $450.00 - $600.00 depending on where you have it shipped from. Then $150.00 plus shipping to have it modded and then you need to buy the 65MM throttle body. Maybe $20.00 in the scrap yard.

$450.00 + $150.00 + $20.00 + $50.00 for shipping = $670.00

Injectors : $185.00 EACH ($740.00 set) for 1200cc - 1600cc RC injectors. If you buy the cheap junk Accel injectors then you get what you pay for.

Quality stand along FMU : FI Pro setups from $495.00 and up, SDS EM-4D looks to be starting about $900.00 and Haltech / Electromotive / Sakura are from $1200.00 and up.

Your right at $1900.00 IF you can get everything at the lowest prices I have listed. The you have to pay to have it installed and tuned.

Thanks a bunch for your condolences on my mishap, I get the chills every time I think about it. Anyway, I'll keep everyone posted and I'll try to get something put together as soon as I can. Take care

i have the 52mm in mine, but when i installed mine i also did all my port work and bse kit along with lightening the f/w so i didnt have a compairison of it before and after.

now i did however eliminate my divider plate on my 87 before any performance mods and i noticed what felt like a world of difference in it. so i dont see that opening up the tb would harm us in any way. we all know that fuel is where the car lacks in power, chrisviper did his with a stock tb to the best of my knowledge. but with the ability to push more fuel we are gonna start seeing bigger turbos on tb cars and you start pushing 800-1000cfm threw a teeny tb and its gonna bottle neck you down. i mean i sent in a core and $80 and got my 52mm, hell i piss more money away then that in a week. i love to see guys trying new things and love to support them in anyway i can.

someday i hope to get mine on the dyno and maybe i will take my stock one with me and try some compairison runs. buts its gonna be a couple months yet for mines ready for the dyno.

:lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...