NO HONDA SWAPS

Boosted_One

• 2 months later...
btw, BMW swaps must be banned too.

Of couorse :? We don't want to put a fine crafted German engine in our Jap cars. :wink:

I sure enjoy the M52 tucked under my hood. I really like what BMW has done with their engines. I haven't had any trouble with mine and it's been a great daily drive for the almost year I've owned the car.

Now what about the BMW s70/2 engine, which hides under a McLaren F1's lid?

What about an Acura engine, does this count?

Shawn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

how come engines are never called anything cool like

"dominator"

"punisher"

it's always this alphabet soup stuff

4age

ez30

ej25

b16a

oh and b16b (appazrently the b16a and b16 b are really different)

I have a couple of buddies who just spout alphabet engine names all the time and I just get lost ("what's that one from again?")

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
What about a audi motor. I drove a A4 2.0T FSI, very toqurey car. FSI very big. I mean diesels have been using it for ever. Then comes the new vetts with solenoid valves. The tuning is going to be going through the roof. Then you get varible geometry turbos. The world is changing I think we should too. I mean I have only had this starion for alittle while dont get me wrong I love it. I used to be only american muscle and I wasnt a big dragracer straight line guy. I would like to autocross or even ralley one day. But we should respect what other ppl can put down with number. I'm not a big honda fan. Its the damn ricers that give every one a bad name. Thank god there is on starquests. I know some one that owns a MR2 thinks its the s***, 7g's in the body and paint. Thinks arrowdynamics is the key. Ya if your car can go fast enough to use it. But just my opion.

• 3 weeks later...

There seems to be alot of contraversy on this thread. Yes the point was no Honda swaps in your Mitsu. That I agree with 110%. But then who's to say building a Honda is a stupid idea, or even just FWD versus RWD. Hondas are indeed expensive compared to Mitsu stuff in my opinion and the big fart can and intake craze make me hate them just as much as the next guy. As far as FWD I guess that would be the opinion of a person who has never gone a 12 or better 1/4 mile in a FWD car. My 91 Colt ran high 12's with a 105 trap speed and did 150mph on the freeway with a straight 4G63 swap. It took more than a V-8 to take that FWD hatch and I only had 195hp. I ran Cobras, Hemis, a modded Evo 8, and countless other crap and never lost. Unless you were talkin' light to light cause I couldn't get traction until I got 4th gear at 95. Even my 84 Colt Turbo would smash a V-8 from light to light but would never top 100mph with only 100hp. The big picture here is not wether its a Honda, Toyota, Datsun, or Mitsubishi, its all for the love of cars and tuning. Did you buy your Honda that way or did your blood, sweat and tears go into it. Long nights in the garage, forgetting to eat on occasion, or passing out on the couch in the garage next to your watered down Mountain Dew at 4 in the morning with grease stains on your face and 40 wieght in your hair. I dont like Hondas but I cant knock a guy for doing the same thing I'm doing just because I have three diamond on my hood and he has an H. Try seeing the car as ones accomplishment and not as a Mitsu speed bump. LOL. I do love showing Honda guys how much faster I am and I only spent a 1/4 what they did to do it. That has always been my favorite part of owning a Mitsu. Thanks for letting me get that out.

Check this site out for fast FWD Mitsubishis. This was my first home.

www.4g61t.org

Just one more thing, heres a 10 second all motor Honda. Tell me they aren't fun with enough money. I love my Mitsu but I ain't seein' 10's anytime soon, even with a V-8.

• 1 month later...
my friend Abe has a 91 crx si with an 400hp turboed H24 (stroked 2.2l) and he hasnt been beat by any street legal car that has raced him. he drives it every for the past 2 years and the motor hasnt been touched since we dropped it in. its completely gutted and weights about 2200lbs. it even has a/c. he drives it every day on pump gas and has never had a problem. how's that for reliability. he's not great off the line, but 2nd gear is a deal breaker. i've seen him run 600 hp mustangs and beat them by 5 cars. granted, FWD isnt my cup of tea either, but you cant argue with honda's daily drivabilty and after market support. modified or not. even the guy i bought my starion from had a FWD car (CRX). ugly as all hell, but 20psi on a stock ZC 1.8l with low compression pistons. i couldnt keep up with him even in my starion!! for less than a 1000 bucks in parts; 12a turbo, hf manifold, pistons, 4 starion black top injectors, and starion intrcooler, he can leave me in the dust. with my stock starion parts!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Honda haters eh?, typical

iv built many many, fast highly modified performance cars,

and i will state that hondas are exelent cars,

i admit, there are many ricers are out there, and tend to give out a bad name for honda. but when you drive a 440 hp (at the wheels) honda you quickly realise wat your dealing with,

Honda is one of the most developed car manufactures around,

i am a car enthusiest, i dont hate,

p.s S2000 engine STOCK will be a very nutz conversion, add a turbo = exetremly loose unit...

*oh the school bell just sounded" run back to class honda h8r's cause you still got alot to learn .

peace

• 1 month later...
this could go on forever... I thought this topic was about not putting a Honda motor in a quest?

yeah its suppose to be but I used to hate honda so much til i got myself into the NSX then now I own a 05 S2000 but i still dislike civics. I love my s2000 its getting turbored and stock bottom end holding over 500rwhp on 93pump. Thats pretty impressive for stock bottom ends to handle that kind of power. It can get about 600rwhp on c16

• 3 months later...

The thing is if your going to worry about getting beat then buy a car with high HP and forget about losing.

Im going to buy a car (500HP) that most people would never beat its going to cost me about 55K cheap compared to others of the same HP i wont reveal the car now, not for afew years

but i like to win.

Im going to try to make my quest 330HP and if i lose to those rice rockets after that then im going to plan B.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Honda and Starion....just sounds like an oxymoron. S2K's are underpowered and would be about the only candidate for an SQ swap. But it would never spin the wheels.

Honda and Starion....just sounds like an oxymoron. S2K's are underpowered and would be about the only candidate for an SQ swap. But it would never spin the wheels.

dropping the clutch at 8000 rpm, anything will break the tires loose...lol

and, to the guy that posted like 20 years ago talking about FWDs....there is nothing wrong with them, besides the fact that they reach a point where there is a such thing as too much power, and, you won't go anywhere sonce traction at that point is a thing of the past.