NO HONDA SWAPS

Boosted_One

saw in a magazine where a turbo'd NSX v6 at 15psi made 500 hp :shock:

did they say how many hours it lasted?

btw, BMW swaps must be banned too.

nah, but i imagine it wouldn't last too long at that many psi and high compression. but the point is, it's not a bad motor. the car had 86,000 miles on it and the baseline was 250hp. not bad for a stock 1992 NSX with the 3.0 V6.

oooooo....ooooooo I know...........what if we swaped the electric hybred stuff from the new hybred accords into our stuff???? Oh wait the whole point of a swap is more power...... never mind.... of course gas prices here in Hawaii are makeing me rethink the whole power / gas thing. i can understand why we had such a crapy run of cars in the eighties....

• 2 weeks later...

Starting some crap......

So what is wrong with Honda?

My son and I own one and it is an Awesome car, even if it is not finished.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/523000-523999/523184_42_full.jpg

View of rollerwave pistons

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/523000-523999/523184_50_full.jpg

Almost completed engine

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/523000-523999/523184_45_full.jpg

The custom fuel pick up to feed that thing.

We are expecting 500 plus HP depending on boost.

It is a swap but not for the Conquest, so does this mean I am an outcast and to be banded now :cry:

Starting some crap......

So what is wrong with Honda?

My son and I own one and it is an Awesome car, even if it is not finished.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/523000-523999/523184_42_full.jpg

View of rollerwave pistons

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/523000-523999/523184_50_full.jpg

Almost completed engine

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/523000-523999/523184_45_full.jpg

The custom fuel pick up to feed that thing.

We are expecting 500 plus HP depending on boost.

It is a swap but not for the Conquest, so does this mean I am an outcast and to be banded now :cry:

That should be a pretty stout engine, espically in a car that weighs half what a starquest does.

Thanks,

There is nothing "rice" about this car. Or The Conquest either. However both were made in Japan. I take that back Some that do not know the advantages of a carbon fiber intake manifold might think rice. That del sol will run past any Conquest because of the weight advantage. Not to mention the HP. I love both cars and have not read about many High HP Conquests.

Yes stout is a good word. The bottom end will take 70 PSI but will never see it. the top end will take 10,000 rpm and will be limited to 9,000. It rest of the suspension is powder coated and poly bushings. Rims weigh about 12 lbs. Converted to 4 wheel disk. Everything we could get to was removed and restored. The underside and inner panels where por'd. It will look stck untill you open the hood. No rice, ice or flash. All go.... This car will be a best of show quality.

• 2 weeks later...
That del sol will run past any Conquest because of the weight advantage. Not to mention the HP. I love both cars and have not read about many High HP Conquests.

umm FWD honda

RWD starion. It will not run past any starquest.... fixed up V8 swap would own your car, or a fully built 4g64/63.

Good luck with traction above 300hp.

Nice build on that Honda motor... and we all build what we enjoy no doubt... but...

Why do all that to FWD though??

Give me the same $$ and a 4G63/DSM GSX OR A DSM Quest and watch how much more potential there is for the moderate enthusiast.

And why swap a Honda motor in a Starion???

That was the point. :)

Nice build on that Honda motor... and we all build what we enjoy no doubt... but...

Why do all that to FWD though??

Give me the same $$ and a 4G63/DSM GSX OR A DSM Quest and watch how much more potential there is for the moderate enthusiast.

And why swap a Honda motor in a Starion???

That was the point. :)

Thanks, We all like different things. Why FWD? My son and I Like the styling of the del sol. The taga top is a lot of fun. The Honda engine is very reliable. The aftermaket support is good (parts). Parts are inexpensive. FWD was not a consideration but more of an engineering oppertunity. Like someone pointed out good luck getting 300HP to connect. Some have figured it out and are running some very good times.

The Conquest is something I fell into. You know right place, right time. I am a little conserned about putting a bunch of cash into this car. It has some problems. The head is simple replace it without the jet valves. Finding part appears to be an issue also, not many left or is there much aftermaket support.

With that said (and probably pissed a bunch of you off) I like the car it is fun to drive. I will get around the part issue. I really like the styling. There were not many of them made. When I have drove it people are looking at it and wondering what it is. and the biggest reason I like it is..... 4 cylinder with torque and RWD.......

No that B18C is not going into a Conquest.....

Hey you know we sold the wifes little 96 Del Sol when we found out she was pregnant( Got an S80 great car) we LOVED that thing. It was just the SOHC VTEC but it had darn good handling and wss just the right size for her.... the TARGA top was the best part...... and it had darn good trunk room too. i think when we can have a 2 seater again we will probably get another one. Kind of cool looking too. not to sporty or too econimy looking.

Crump

• 2 months later...
I have to agree that rear wheel is better in a sports situation. A modified V8 would own me a 2.6 doubt it...

I seem to rember a 596WHP 2.6L conquest. Not mine of course But I think 600 rear wheel hp would beet almost any fwd honda.

• 2 weeks later...

There are some people who've put up really big numbers with the g54b. The question is whether you can do it and have a streetable car. I'd like to get 300+ hp out of mine but I also want it to run more often than it sits.

Jess

There are some people who've put up really big numbers with the g54b. The question is whether you can do it and have a streetable car. I'd like to get 300+ hp out of mine but I also want it to run more often than it sits.

Jess

whatever do you mean, starquest never brake down :? LOL thats ture on any note, 500hp out of any 4 cyl is not going to be streetable 365 days a year. The more you wanta play the more you gota $PAY$

Jess

whatever do you mean, starquest never brake down :? LOL thats ture on any note, 500hp out of any 4 cyl is not going to be streetable 365 days a year. The more you wanta play the more you gota $PAY$

Yeah, and my problem is one of my cars is a daily driver and the other is the backup car for both me and my wife. I can't afford to do anything to either right now that's going to put reliability in jeopardy. But as to whether the g54b can put up major numbers (like 500 and above), I just wanted to say it's possible.

Jess

• 5 months later...
What about the NSX motor?

Umm... why??

What about a VR4 3.0 or Buick 3.8L before that?? :)

Well after reading this. I read up alot about the nsx mtor and it will tear the s*** outta the VR4 big time in any modifcations and as for the buick 3.8 if you stroked out the nsx to 3.8 then nsx will take the buick easily. If I have extra cash I would swap a NSX motor in any day. The head flows over 300cfm out of the box without any port and polishing. I saw a guy pushing 800RWHP on 93octane with mild tuning. And best of all its the most reliable motors have. Unlike these g54b or DSM :lol: (reason I say dsm there's a bunch around by me and always have problems with them even a guy that runs mid 10's with his and it always breaks lmao)

Jess

Mine would of held up fine if the damn computer's wern't screwing up on me lol

• 3 weeks later...
wow all the FWD haters in here, lol. anyone into the turbo colt GT's? (89-92 style) they are fun little cars. i just picked up a colt to put a 4G63 into and even with a stock 4G motor im sure it will take down alot of other cars on the road

• 4 weeks later...
saying that fwd drive cant make power or go fast is just plain dumb. thats where my car journey began, twas with a 90 crx, turboed pile of s*** and for under 2k was doing high 12's and still getting 28mpg. do that in a quest. im not hating, this is my secound quest. i just hate when people are so close minded. oh also my opinion is the g54 is a pile. thats why im going 4g63. much more aftermarket support. much easier to fix. and no crappy tbi to deal with. :) just my .02

how about a starion motor in a honda then?

Hmm what do you guys think??

I think that's OK.

[-X No that's a bad idea, keep the starions together! you can bet your house that we'll be getting plenty of hondas in the future. Starions/Conquests? Nope! not in production, keep as many as we can spoolin!!!!! :twisted: