EVO-II Dual Spring coil over- Closed- see new thread

TylerQuest

See last post.....more interest lately, so I'm doing another group....will order with 5 this time, to make it faster and easier for you!

I have established a distributorship with Cosmo racing, and am pleased to offer a GP for their dual spring Evo-II coil-overs.

These are high quality coil overs, 8k (448lb) front 6k (335 lb) rear spring rates, with billet hats, sleeves, and seats.

From Cosmo:

Coilover Kit

Lowering Spring Kits "HIGH-LOW ADJUSTABLE"

Improve your car's handling and look!

COSMO Racing Adjustable Coilover Kits were made for performance enthusiasts pursuing the ultimate handling. Designed for street and track use, your car will be in total control, even under hard cornering situations.

ADJUSTABILITY

Customize the height as needed for different wheel sizes and weather conditions. Give your car a more aggressive look by eliminating that dreadful wheel gap!

Our EVO II Kits provide even better handling (for fast cornering) and lower ride height. The double spring design also eliminates the pumping's noise commonly found with many coilover kits in the market.

Lowering range for both types are between 0-3". Different car models may vary slightly.

CONSTRUCTION

Our coilover sleeves, damper hats, and spring seats are made from high quality billet T6061 aluminum to ensure safety, reliability, and durability. Don't put yourself and your car in jeopardy with low quality sleeves and rubber damper hats found in some other brands.

For 10+ orders, the price would be 155 +shipping

For 20+ orders, 145 +shipping.

Shipping would be from the manufacturer to you.

Reply here or pm or email me, and I will start the order list!! I will send out payment info in a few days to those who are ordering.

EDIT I can get these for most cars, so if you have a DSM, etc, you can get in on this GP. 1st and 2nd gen DSM prices are the same, and I can check on other makes/models for anyone interested. Just let me know the make, model, and year.

ORDERS ARE IN FOR THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE! THANKS!!!

1. TylerQuest

2. Minagera

3. gofastredstar

4. MainstreaM

5. Ekstatixx

6. gunpackingpoet

7. Highly Boosted

8. Notfried

9&10. two sets sold offline

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cosmo has been selling some of these on Ebay lately. They sell them on there for a Buy-it-now of about $165, plus $25-30 for shipping. I've seen them go over 200 several times on bids....

They are very good coils, with dual springs which will eliminate the clunking sound common to so many coil overs with single springs.

They are, IMO, a much better product than the Mookeeh's that are being sold on Ebay.....

Cosmo has been selling some of these on Ebay lately. They sell them on there for a Buy-it-now of about $165, plus $25-30 for shipping. I've seen them go over 200 several times on bids....

They are very good coils, with dual springs which will eliminate the clunking sound common to so many coil overs with single springs.

They are, IMO, a much better product than the Mookeeh's that are being sold on Ebay.....

From your experience, how do they compare to the coilover kit that Art offered?

I'm not completely familiar with Art's coilovers, but I have been told they are very high quality, and I believe these are equivalent quality to them....

The spring rates for them are the same, and I think the ones Art offered were single spring, and so would be subject to the top hat "clunk".....these won't clunk.

not to really rain on the parade, but i'm going to:

it looks like the top hat is flat, and as with art's you'll probably have to put large washers or nuts in there to space it out from the mount in the front and back. that is where the noise is coming from.

i am getting custom hats made that are conical in nature with a little tower above that, like other more "high quality" kits are.

i do really really love the spring rates in art's though and these are very close.

not to really rain on the parade, but i'm going to:

it looks like the top hat is flat, and as with art's you'll probably have to put large washers or nuts in there to space it out from the mount in the front and back. that is where the noise is coming from.

i am getting custom hats made that are conical in nature with a little tower above that, like other more "high quality" kits are.

i do really really love the spring rates in art's though and these are very close.

Actually the noise comes from a single spring setup being a touch too short. What happens is when the suspension stretches the top hat comes unseated and "clunks" when the suspension compresses again.

The dual spring design allows proper travel length and prevents the top hat from ever unseating, thus eliminating the clunking noise. The shape of the top hat really doesn't affect the noise.

I had the same thought initially as you, but after doing quite a bit of research I found the answer.

And these are the exact same spring rates as Art's, according to the info from the last time Art sold his.

John, here is their reply about the KYBs....let me know if you want the pic, and I'll send it to you.

Thanks for your inquiry and order. If fitting on KYB strut; can you check the diameter of the front and rear strut so we can check the fitting for you? Also if without modification and cutting the coil stop perch we need to know the length of the strut from the coil stop to the strut end so we can fit an appropriate sleeves for it; see the photo for the measurement reference. Please advice and provide these information and we can confirm the fitting and specification for you.

Basically he's saying if you'll provide the KYB strut measurements, they'll make sure the coils fit without cutting, even if they have to make a new perch. That's what I call SERVICE!!

xfighting, you use your current stock or aftermarket struts with this kit. The kti replaces the stock coil springs with coil-over-strut springs, hence the name. I'll pm you the payment info when I have enough people committed.

At 10 orders, I'm basically donating my time and effort. I can't do these prices with less than 10 orders, so let's get some more folks signed up. I can get these for any kind of car, so if you have a dsm, toyota, or even a honda, you can get in on this GP.