Holly 75lb Inj. SALE @ $1.00 a Pound !

Hello Guys

Well I in the market for some 75 pounders for my MPI.

I was looking through Summit racing and I ran into these Holly Injectors.

The thing is They sell them EA for $85.00

They sell the set of 8 for $596 thats $75.00ea and $10.00 less ea.

So you will save $40.00 on the set.

So I will need ONE Lucky person to go 50/50 with me on the set of 8 Injectors. We will split to total BILL 50/50 and I will ship your injectors to you for FREE.

Any takers PLEASE e-mail me @ oscardortega@yahoo.com The SOONER the BETTER !

The sale ends on July 31st. So HURRY and let me know BEFORE THEN.

Thanks

Oscar

I just checked my other e-email account and I did have an e-mail from Summit and YES they will be that low BUT....

I have YET to find a 50/50 Partner to go with me on these...

I cant believe I will end up paying RETAIL for these. Just wait, the SECOND I buy them at FULL Price someone will come along and say "Hey I am interested"

Oh well....

I'll keep trying... I have a few more days

Thanks

Oscar

No personal experience, but I do know that Delphi makes top quality electronic components.  Lots of OEM injectors are made by Delphi, so I wouldn't expect longevity to be a problem, and they ARE flow matched, what more could you want?

Well Fiiiine !

I'll buy the delphi's.....

There you're HAPPY NOW ?  ;D

No really guys thanks for your imput on this. I appreciate it.

Oscar

Well gotto go spend some money on something I dont REALLY need and for something that I wont get to it for a while.....

89onaquest--That is a GREAT lead!  I'll be getting a set too.  Now I'm wondering if the siemens ones are any better than Delphi...They're 5 bucks more each...Dang it!   Why can't I just leave well enough alone, have to go exploring the site and finding other options...

It looks like siemens might be pintle type, guess It's research time...

Well here's what I found out:

It appears that Holley and MSD injectors are actually made by Delphi-Which is the same as Rochester.

Siemens injectors use a "Radius Rod" design according to Russ Collins (of RC injectors).  I haven't been able to find anything more descriptive than that...

I just ordered the siemens injectors because from the vague ifno I could find, it sounds like they have a tighter spray pattern.

First of "Onaquest" THANKS AGAIN for the Hook Up on the lead on the Injectors.

I just ordered the siemens injectors because from the vague ifno I could find, it sounds like they have a tighter spray pattern.

OK I may be a lil bit confused or just have a "Brain Fart" at the moment BUT WHY will a TIGHT Spray pattern be BETTER than a WIDER one ?

The way I THINK it works....

WIDE Spray Pattern better AND MORE area coverage to attomise Fuel

NARROW Pattern will concentrate the pattern to a more DIRECT area.

So if anyone can clarify this for ME I'll appreciate it.

NOT that I REALLY need this information BUT just curiosity !

Thanks

Oscar

Well, it's definately debatable, but with multi-point injection, the injector is (should be) pointing straight at the back of the intake valve.  If the injector just blows out a "fog" of finely atomized fuel, a considerable amount will come in contact with the port walls, and some of it will condense there and not mix well with the airstream.  With a tighter cone angle(aven if it's not atomized as well) the spray either goes directly into the very hot combustion chamber and vaporizes, or it hits the back of the very hot intake valve and vaporizes, then is drawn in when the valve opens.

Like I said, it's debatable and only lots of experimentation would reveal whether or not it makes a difference.  The biggest advantage would come with finely tuned sequential injection, timing the pulse to always hit the intake valve just before it opens.  That's how IRL(indy) cars do it.  Their injectors do not atomize the fuel AT ALL, just squirt a jet of gas at the valve at just the right time...

With TBI on the other hand, you do need a wide cone angle and good atomization because the airstream has to mix with and carry the fuel all the way from the TB to the port, and a spray would just end up in a pool on the manifold floor.

From what I have dealt with....

there are 2 differant types of injectors...

Pintle- Straight shot. Roughly a 20* pattern

Non Pintle- Fan Style. Roughly 40+* pattern.

The injector style, as with many other things depends on the engine type.

N/A non pintles will show better fuel distrib/atomization.

Boosted engines, DEPENDING ON LEVEL OF PSI will also benifit from fan style injectors. Typicially, high PSI 15-18+) will actually work better with fan types. The shear force of flow (velocity) will pull the fuel into a 80% mix right in the intake tube.

Low boost (5-15) CAN see better performance from Pintle - Straight shooters. IF YOU CAN GET THEM POINTED AT THE VALVE.

Alot of this is dependent on injector placement.

Looking at the heads, and valve placement on the 2.6, it will be best to offset the injector about 20-30* to the right (twoards the firewall) and not on the top of the intake tube. This brings its own problems, fuel rail design. BUT, I will be willing to bet, that if it were done like that, with pintle injectors. It will hit the intake shaft every time.