Carbon fiber Airdam

Tfreestyle

I use to sell body kits, hoods, you name it and I have probably sold it and due to this I have connections to many businesses who could produce carbon fiber or fiberglass anything if the demand is right. I am just testing waters if anyone would be interested in a carbon fiber front airdam. Either post or email directly at tommysaero@aol.com. It is my secondary email which will keep it organized. I can also get the 83 carbon fiber hoods thing moving if the other guy is not coming through. I noticed its been 3 months. I dont mean to take his business by any means but its just been a long time since the whole idea started. I dont know a projected cost for these yet that is why I am just testing waters to see what demand there is but I have talked to a few of my people who said they can do both an airdam and the 83 hood.

Whoever wants to be on the list email me, pm me or post it.

The List:

1. Starion Heaven (ya you got to be the first one)

2. SMOKINHONDAS_24_7

3. Jszucs (you got spot 3, close enough)

4. Willmoodom

5. N2boost

6. Rigger

7. T_Sandman- not committed but you will soon :)

8. scott87star

9. 17cquest

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every so often a someone comes along with this inquiry.  While I'm sure your intentions are noble, I would recommend you make a detailed prototype and present the product prior to inquiry.    The member who is heading the other CF hood thread had 1 such venture fall through previously.  This current GP looks more promising but the proof is in the pudding.  Make hood in a 1 month beat him to the product release I'm sure you'll sell several and could turn out to be a very good venture as I'm sure you know there is not aftermarket stream for most stock replacment body parts and over decade ago when Erebuni quit making their body kit.

I just got off the phone with one of my guys. if I can get a good preorder a sample will be done in just under a month and the price will be approximately 380 on the hood. The airdam is still to be determined, gotta show the size to him. I might be able to get that price down but not guaranteed. I dont mess around with these things, when I say something I do it. I know everyone is going to want a sample first so I am working on that but gotta figure out what kind of demand there will be.

You can see the demand in the other GP thread.  A mold for the 83 stock hood is currently being made and should be ready for inspection by the first of the month according to the manufacturer.

If the CF and FG products are available and are of good quality, there will be plenty of buyers.

heres the deal with any custom stuff. If you guys want it, get me a sample of it and about 15 guys willing to do it I can get it done in about a month. My sources quoted me at just under a month for the hoods so probably with the smaller stuff even faster.

How would one of these carbon fiber airdams hold up to bumps? My car rides very low already without an airdam, and the highways around here suck, its inevitiable that I will end up knocking the bottom of it.

Um yes and no it's strong but that's pound for pound strength if it's real thin it's not that strong and it's also very ridgid so if you bump it chances are it will only scuff it but may rip out where it's mounted.  I would also be very very intrested in a bumper cover type deal where it wraps the front bumper as well is a lower airdam

interested..... dont care about a price. But if you guys keep messing around  I am just going to mold my own stuff, and say screw it. There is no time like the present to learn how to mold CF, I just don't want to spend money  on an oven that is big enough to do an airdam for just one air dam.

crump

this is not being done in a backyard shop or anything, doing real carbon fiber parts you need the right machines which are very expensive. any parts that will be made will be professionally done at a shop in either long beach or pomona california where I have done business before. About the scraping/bumping thing, if you hit it hard enough it will crack just like anything out there, you just have to be careful on lowered cars. Carbon fiber wont crack as easily as fiberglass or oem parts but if you hit it hard enough it will crack sorry to say.

Yep a once piece one would be alot more durable insted of having all those rusty supports for the stock one it would be solidly attached.  I would be totaly in for a 1piece infact I spent almost 2 hours at stylingconcepts by my house trying to find bumper covers that even came close to the S/Q size.  But int's not looking to probable without moding one.  So I would buy one in a heart beat.  My only ? is how would you make a bumper cover so it fit snug and you don't need to stretch it (b/c carbonfiber don't stretch)?  b/c every bumper cover ive ever put on you alwys have to wrestle with it to get it on and over the bumper.  If you can pull it off you rule  O and can we get a huge I/C hole in the middle?

as of right now I dont have the time to fab up something of that size. if someone wants to fab up a worthy one and people like the design we can get it made. I will give a free carbon fiber one in return plus the donor you let me use.

Every so often a someone comes along with this inquiry.  While I'm sure your intentions are noble, I would recommend you make a detailed prototype and present the product prior to inquiry.    The member who is heading the other CF hood thread had 1 such venture fall through previously.  This current GP looks more promising but the proof is in the pudding.  Make hood in a 1 month beat him to the product release I'm sure you'll sell several and could turn out to be a very good venture as I'm sure you know there is not aftermarket stream for most stock replacment body parts and over decade ago when Erebuni quit making their body kit.

I second that!  Also there is alot of time invested in this GP waiting for the product. My honest opinion, concentrate more on the production of  a front end setup. If Castmen's deal falls through then step in. But for now a hood is being worked on.  I think you will get alot of buyers for that front end becuase damn near everyone needs one and some of us will buy two. That would be a hell of a christmas gift. CF hood and Frontend.

can someone email me some close up pictures of the airdam you are talking about? I might have a buddy modify mine or something if you guys like the idea and use that for the mold.

This is the one I'm referring to. I'll email it as well.

http://home.earthlink.net/~antimpower/images/mod05/mod005.jpg

Turborusty

I just ripped apart my starion today to check how a fiberglass or carbon fiber full front bumper could be attached. If its a one piece combo the bottom bolts of the front support will most likely not be used and to get the look as in the above pic part of the support, the bottom lip area will have to be cut off anyways. It will look really clean though.