Big Brakes Bracket KIT GP

Hello Guys

Well I have been aproached by several of you wanting me to open ANOTHER GP for the Big Brakes KIT available for our cars. If you DONT know what this Big Brakes are all about then look at the end of this post for small detailed info on what this is.

The BIG BRAKES are ONLY available for WIDE BODIED model StarQuest's and YES they WILL FIT with your OEM Wheels BOTH 7" fronts AND 8" fronts GUARRANTEED ! TIGHT but they WILL FIT.

"Besides is'nt this the way we like it ?"  

The GP will be for the following items:

2 Caliper Brackets L/R

2 Rotor Spacers

4 Caliper Spacers

4 Caliper Bracket Spacers

2 Brake Pad Spacers

Complete Fastner KIT

Full SET of Instructions

On-Line Custumer service and Installation support ( From Yours Trully  ;D)

CLICK HERE to SEE The KIT's Contents

CLICK HERE to SEE The FULL KIT and install pics. This is FOR REFFERENCE ONLY. Remember you are ONLY buying the Bracket, Spacer and Fastner KIT NOT the FULL KIT.

The Above KIT will run for $300.00 SHIPPED ( USPS 2-3 Day Priority )

The above price is for ALL parts mentioned above AND the steel brackets and spacers will come as BARE METAL. Its your call on wether you want to paint them to match your car or have them powder coated. I can offer Powder Coating or Hi-Heat Ceramic Base Painting service to you if you so desire. For $30.00 extra I can offer Hi-Heat Ceramic Base Painting service.

For $55.00 extra I can offer Powder Coating service.

So now you are asking...

" What about the REST of the Stuff I need, you know the CALIPERS, ROTORS, BRAKE PADS AND the BRAKE LINES. Were do I get it ?

Well GOOD Question there....

I WILL provide you with ALL part numbers of all needed parts and some places were you'll be able to get them from. It will be up to you to locate your BEST DEAL on the parts. You may locate a better deal NEAR YOU and save on Shipping.  

The Brake Lines needed for this KIT are also custom made and you will NOT be able to use your OEM Lines or aftermarket lines as I will NOT know what addapter to include. The COMPLETE Front axel Brake Line KIT is sold for $120.00 SEPARATELLY or $100.00 IF PURCHASED with the above KIT (FREE SHIPPING)

I can NOW offer the Calipers as well, as I think I have the better price from my local race shop. The NEW FORGED Calipers sell for $138.00+Sh @ Summit,  I can do $130.00 Shipped. You can get these calipers from ANY Wilwood dealer I will provide the part # with your purchace in case you want to browse for a deal. I can also get the OLD (CAST) Verssion of the caliper (Pictured in the install pics) for $120.00 SHIPPED.

A Brake Proportioning Valve is also a good idea if you are planning on racing the car at a track. Please see my other GO for the Wilwood Brake Prop valve. Save $10.00 And Shipping costs if you order with the above KIT.

If any of you have any questions or concerns about the GP, PLEASE Post or Email me oscardortega@yahoo.com and I will get your answers. Or if any of you think I missed something please let me know and I will address it personally or as a post if it pertains to the whole group.

With all said and TYPED....

Who's in ? BTW... I need at leat 3 members with a 50% deposit for me to get production going. As soon as I get 3 CONFIRMED BUYERS I will place the build order with the machine shop and see what can they do to RUSH the process a bit.

1- Chiplee

2- wom143mmm   ??

3- jr_ss

4- turbocraft29

5- AU Member

6- Q

7- Spot Filled

8- Spot Filled

9- Spot Filled

10- Spot Filled

The Big Brake KIT for the Starion/Conquets Widebody with either 7" or 8" front OEM wheels.

This Big Brake kit is a COMPLETE BOLT-ON, NO MODIFICATIONS brake upgrade system. This KIT use 12" rotors vs the OEM 10" and also uses MASSIVE Wilwood Supperlite 4 Piston calipers that weigh in at ONLY 3.4 pounds. You can choose how GOOD or conservative your new brake system will stop your ride by selecting from over 14 different brands, compounds and friction materials available as brake pads. Brake pads are available from ANY Performance store or race shop as they are UNIVERSAL for the Wilwood Calipers used.

Question, about how long is this Gp going to last. I know that as soon as I get the new found power, I'm going to be needing some new found stopping power too. So let me know, maybe I can work something out with you Oscar, Glenn.

jr_ss....

I'll work with you if you want in on this.

All I will need is a deposit to secure your set and lower my initial out of pocket cost, then either pay the balance once the sets are finished or whenever you have the balance available, whichever works best for you.

But this will be open for a week or two depending on the other members that are interested in this.

89onaquest...

The previous time WAS $300.00 for the KIT (Bracket/Spacer/Fastners) BARE METAL Parts +SH.

And $350.00 for powder coating or Hi-Heat Ceramic Based paint and shipping.

These KIT's from the last GP were done over 8 months ago and today when I went to the machine shop I was informed that steel prices had gone up SEVERELY (Almost 35% in the last 2 months) So I sold the remaining sets from LAST GP at the previous GP price. But the new GP, prices will have to be updated. And I ASSURE YOU I am not increasing the FULL amount of the parts increase. We are ALL feeling the increase on this one.

I hope I cleared up things a bit.

Oscar

Just a simple point of fact, it’s not so much that steel prices have jumped that dramatically; it’s more the fact that the dollar has lost a lot of purchasing power.  That is why things seem to cost so much more.  This is one of the reasons gas prices seem to have gone up so much.  Hope this explains things a little, I know it is not on topic with the thread but it is also not a total non-sequitur.  ;)

Recently there has been a shortage of chrome and nickel, these are use to alloy the steels we use for such items.  This shortage is doubling the price of stainless.  The asian metals market has been booming which has been using up the limited supply.  Unfortunatly they can't "make" these elements, they have to be mined and refined.  The components to make steel are like oil products, they have limited supply/refinerys, and a fluctuating demand.

I have one of the early kits, EXCELENT quality of manufature.

Chad and project_shadow

Thanks for backing up my claim with more facts. Sometimes we think its just a matter of proffit making.

But I have been talking to another machine shop locally and they MAY be able to match the previous price and provide delivery within 1 and a half weeks to 2 weeks.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Oscar

Oscar i got a question, does the whole kit end up being lighter than stock?

s/g

S/G

Well the OVERALL weight is more. The calipers are just 4.3 pounds even though they

are bigger. But the rotors as you are going from OEM 10" to a 12" hunk of steel well more waight. Also the Brackets and spacers will add about 7 pounds to your overall weight.

Posted by: Ryan_tex Posted on: Mar 20th, 2004, 8:19pm

Hey Oscar wassap  

How much would the whole kit cost me complete?  

Well you will need:

- Calipers x2 ( $130.00ea FORGED or $120.00ea CAST )

- Brake pads ( Anywere from $50.00 to 150.00axel set depending on compound)

- Rotors x2 ( from $50.00ea. to aprox. $130.00ea. depending on brand and specs)

- Brake line KIT $120.00 or $110.00 if purchased at the same time as KIT.

So to complete is as little as $550.00 and as much as $790.00 it all depends on your choice of options. You can make it as agresive or as docile as you wish to.

*** Remember... I will give you ALL the part numbers needed to complete the KIT so you can "HUNT DOWN" your best deal locally and save on shipping. You can get calipers nd the Brake lines from me as ( I THINK ) I can offer the best price. But you are NOT LOCKED in to buying from me. You will get all info and custumer service for as long as you need it to complete the KIT and installation of it.

89onaquest...

If I did or gave the impression that I did I do appologize. The prices posted on the previous GP was just that. But I THINK I located a new machine shop that MAY be able to MATCH my previous price so there MAY NOT be a price increase over the last GP afterall. This is ALL A MAY-BE I will keep all of you posted on any progress.

Thanks

Oscar

Allright guys...

I managed to work out a deal with another local shop and got a better deal and a faster turnaround time. Turnaround time now looks to be about a week to a week and a half and this DOES NOT INCLUDE Powder Coating or Ceramic Based Painting Services. So the Price HAS BEEN UPDATED to reflect this. The info bellow IS THE SAME as the updated first post.

Remember ALL I need NOW from you is a $150.00 deposit to hold your place in line. And the balance once the KITS are finished OR as time and or budget allows you to.

The KIT will run for $300.00 SHIPPED ( USPS 2-3 Day Priority )

The above price is for ALL parts mentioned above AND the steel brackets and spacers will come as BARE METAL. Its your call on wether you want to paint them to match your car or have them powder coated. I can offer Powder Coating or Hi-Heat Ceramic Base Painting service to you if you so desire. For $30.00 extra I can offer Hi-Heat Ceramic Base Painting service.  

For $55.00 extra I can offer Powder Coating service.

Thanks again and e-mail me oscardortega@yahoo.com with ANY questions.

Regards

Oscar

S/G

Well the OVERALL weight is more. The calipers are just 4.3 pounds even though they

are bigger. But the rotors as you are going from OEM 10" to a 12" hunk of steel well more waight. Also the Brackets and spacers will add about 7 pounds to your overall weight.

oh i see..........thank you for the reply!!

so i am still gonna hit up artinist about his spacers he was working on to use lightweight  corvette calipers. then i can use stock drilled/slotted rotors

s/g

Well Next run will be when I get another group of guys interested in them again, and a MINIMUM of 5 sets, I'll do a GP with 4 and I can keep one as shelf dust collector till someone gets it.

But thast it, I will most likely make one or two extra sets this time around like always BUT CANNOT GUARRANTY that they will be available at ANY POINT IN TIME after the GP ends. Thats why I ask for a deposit to hold your KIT from beeing sold to someone else.

Guys remember, Deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE BUT WILL hold your kit from beeing sold to anyone else. Balance is due WHEN YOUR Funds allow it to be paid. (Within a resonable amount of time, 8 months... too long ! ).

Thanks

Oscar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do I have those yet? no.

But I do not care for waiting a long time for parts either.

Are they needed right now? no. Would I like them anyway? yes.

In all reality the kit will probly not be getting installed till mid summer or so.

And yes, I have been told many a time I am impatient.

Also what are the part numbers that I need to get for this kit. car type/model rotors and calipers.

All information WILL be sent to you along WITH the brake kit or via e-mail if you wish. As posting that info here will be useless to alot of guys that are not getting the kit.

Besides I hate to clog up the site with information wich is relative to only those on the GP, thats why I have a mailing list with ALL GP members on it as to inform them and only them as to the status of the GP as to keep this site as fast as possible as you know how slow it can get, even with cable or even a T1 connection like I have at work.

But all in all I sent out an e-mail a short while ago regarding the GP and possible delay in delivery time. If ANY of you who are on the GP did NOT get that e-mail PLEASE E-mail me oscardortega@yahoo.com and I'll get that info out to you.

Again thank you all for your patience.

Regards

Oscar