Welderwiz's Silicone Hose GP (Order anytime!)

Josh '88

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edde:

They have 1 thing different than the hosetechniques hose. The wall thickness on Welderwiz's hose is 2 times thicker than hosetechniques.

Josh

Cool.  I figured there had to be something, HT doesn't specify that I could see on their site so I thought I'd find out  :)

Hi All

Rec'd M.O. from the following- didnt get some of the screen names with the orders

FOFORICEROCKET   1/27

Red_88_TSI            1/27

Jr_ss                       1/29

doomstr                  1/31

Richie Rich               1/31

Mr. Bush                  1/31

Mr. Yutzey               1/31

Tim C                       1/31

Heron                      2/1

csdisme                   2/1

oscar the grouch     2/1

Dan                         2/1

penick000               2/3

Unnat_Aspiration    2/3

JimboTSI                 2/3

Skibone                  2/5

Thanks for the orders guys- Anyone wishing to get in on the purchase I will still take your order even if you are not on the original list.

Thanks again

Mark

UPDATE

I will be picking up hose on Friday the 7th. I will proceed to package the hose this weekend and start shipping on Monday. Tuesday is shoulder surgery day so that makes it a day off. Will continue to pack and ship on Wednesday and continue untill all is done. I appreciate all your patience guys and gals, this will get done ::) ::) ::)

Thanks all

Mark

I got mine today also. WOW!!! The walls are really thick. If I don't have to work late tomorrow, I'll install them and take some pictures. Thanks alot Welderwiz!!!

If I were to put this hose between the OVCP and turbo wastegate, would it be alright, or would the excess heat try to melt the hose?

Josh

To all who participated I thank you all very much. Some of you may have noticed a significant cost varyance on shipping as a result of multiple colors or greater footage. If those of you could help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it. I also would like to thank Josh for his diligence on keeping up the post.

To those who knew, my shoulder surgery went well now we sit and type one handed for a while ::) ::) ::)

Thanks all

Mark

I measured the outside diameter and they are slightly bigger than 8.5mm. I plan on using aftermarket plug wire looms. They come in all kinds of styles and colors. Just the thing to secure the new vac line just the way I want it.  ;)

Cullen

ConquestTSi:

I was able to fit the silicone hose in those factory clips. They fit really snug. Do you think that would restrict the airflow? If you want pictures of it, let me know and I'll e-mail them to you.

One thing everyone needs to do when replacing their vacuum hose is to test those 2 plastic 1-way air valves that are close to the ABS modulator. I found one that was clogged up. I blew compressed air in it and it's back to normal. I think that's what caused my cruise control to stop working, but I haven't tried it out...

Josh