Cusco Camber Plates-Ready To Go!

MikeMeyerhoff

I got in contact with  http://www.bozzperformance.com who are listed as 1 of 2 US distributers of Cusco Products  (Greddy is the other) and recieved the following....

The front Camber plates are normally $253 dollars, but they would give us a group buy rate of $220 on 10+ orders.  If we had more than 30 orders they would consider lowering the price some more.

Delivery time is listed as 4-8 weeks.  He thought it could be about 4-5 weeks.

So if we set a deadline for orders of say... March 10th they would be here around April 15.

I don't have any details for payment or shipping costs yet, but will get those once I have enough people interested.   So if you are interested please shoot me a reply with a "for sure" or "maybe" and I'll post a list.

Pics posted by FastNFurious can be see in the following thread:

http://www.starquestclub.com/index.pl?boar...;num=1038306027

MikeMeyerhoff

Current List

1.  Unnat_aspiratioin   -for sure

2.  Scotty                     -for sure

3.  Importwarrior         -for sure

4.  Superquest T61      -for sure

5.  CSDisme                 -for sure  -inforeceived

6.  Doomid                   -for sure  -inforeceived

7.  SeanP                     -maybe

8.  A187A                     -for sure

9.  Shawn_Silva           -for sure

10.  Tom McCann         -for sure  -info received

11. Otis Luse               -for sure

12. Tex                        -maybe

13. dstar26t NATE       -for sure

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add onto that (sorry if I'm being rude) but 4-8 weeks is the MINIMUM wait for pretty much all Cusco products even ordering directly from the only two distributors in the states (GReddy & Bozz Performance). Reason being is that they really don't keep too many Cusco items in stock besides the highly popular items for the higher demand cars (strut bars, sway bars, etc.) so shipping from Japan direct is the only option. A co-worker of mine waited approx. 4 months for his adjustable control arms for his S14 240SX.

I think FastnFurious has the plates.

In any case good luck with the GB. This is a great upgrade and great company to get it from.

Cusco's front strut bar also looks good as well (also, it's something different) but i'm not sure if it's worth the effort to ship from japan (the bar itself is approx. $110).

The plates can be seen by a post that FastnFurious posted up of his own plates he got in.

FastnFurious' Camber Plate Post

As for the strut bar it merely looks like a Neuspeed bar that they make for H&A's and such. It's made out of steel, is the signature Cusco blue color and is adjustable in the center only. BTW, listing for the bar only appears in the Cusco Japan catalog (not in the GReddy USA catalog which only has a small amount of Cusco stuff), so aquiring the bar w/o a contact in Japan will be a pretty hard task at hand.

As for clearing the MPI setup/s I have no idea since I don't have the bar or MPI. Doesn't look like it will. Like I said most people probably wouldn't opt for this bar since it will be costly to ship to the states.

Anyway, I don't mean to hijack this thread so with that said good luck on the GB.

http://www.starion-network.com/my_starion/images/engine.jpg

The plates can be seen by a post that FastnFurious posted up of his own plates he got in.

FastnFurious' Camber Plate Post

As for the strut bar it merely looks like a Neuspeed bar that they make for H&A's and such. It's made out of steel, is the signature Cusco blue color and is adjustable in the center only. BTW, listing for the bar only appears in the Cusco Japan catalog (not in the GReddy USA catalog which only has a small amount of Cusco stuff), so aquiring the bar w/o a contact in Japan will be a pretty hard task at hand.

As for clearing the MPI setup/s I have no idea since I don't have the bar or MPI. Doesn't look like it will. Like I said most people probably wouldn't opt for this bar since it will be costly to ship to the states.

Anyway, I don't mean to hijack this thread so with that said good luck on the GB.

http://www.starion-network.com/my_starion/images/engine.jpg

Yeah its nice somebody gave FnF some credit for a change he originally found this item You all are doing the "GP" on .. Thanks FnF!

Thanks Scotty but they have been out there and in the way distant far east, But you guys should really get in on this GP - you get an oportunity to rid your car of the rubber insulators and get camber adjustments to save your front tires!  I figured you would have 10 people by now.

If that is the exact strut brace to me it looks like it will clear the MPI But we won't know 4 sure unless some one gets it with an MPI  ;D

Yeah its nice somebody gave FnF some credit for a change he originally found this item You all are doing the "GP" on .. Thanks FnF!

I knew it was out there... I just didn't have the money to get 'em. LOL Hopefully I'll have some money by the end of March for them.

I think you can use them with both.  However Artinist mentioned in the 1st thread that you might need a spacer if you want to use the stock struts.   Basically to allow clearance so everything can move around.

I am planning on using the ST 1" drop springs, so I'm thinking it'll end up giving <1" drop.

I'll see if I cant get an answer from Cusco on using with struts.

mm

Update:  I got a reply about the plates,   BozzPerformance said that there are two types.  One for "stock shocks" and one for coilover setups.  He said each person should specify during ordering and you wont have any problems then.  

Anyone with cusco experience (FNF) able to confirm there are different parts?  I'll try to get some specifics for everyone.

Michael Meyerhoff

Update:  I got a reply about the plates,   BozzPerformance said that there are two types.  One for "stock shocks" and one for coilover setups.  He said each person should specify during ordering and you wont have any problems then.  

Anyone with cusco experience (FNF) able to confirm there are different parts?  I'll try to get some specifics for everyone.

Michael Meyerhoff

Well, if you check Cusco Japan's website their application lists the A183A (flatbody) and the A187A (widebody). It doesn't state there are two different sets, just simply states they are the adjustable pillowball upper mount. *shrug*

http://www.cusco.co.jp/02ctlg/2sus/plup_09.jpg

I have a list of who's in on the original post  8)

Still trying to get an absolute answer on the coil-over/strut issue

Bozzperformance has said we can specifiy which we want when we order.  But I would like some sort of confirmation from Cusco.  I'm trying to get an email addy for cusco, but have only been able to find a phone #.

mm

Try Cusco's Overseas Ordering Page if you haven't already to check other dealers besides Bozz Performance or GReddy USA...

http://www.cusco.co.jp/english/agency.html

Either that or you can try calling up GReddy USA and get a second opinion on what their tech staff says.

I'll try and flip through some of the Cusco catalogs I have and see if I come up with a phone # or something. Be forewarned though, it'll be hard pressed if you can't speak japanese over the phone. :-/

Actually I found the phone # 027-352-3578,  but was hopeing for an email address.   All I have is SprintPCS and am afraid to know how much intnl calls are on it!

I've been using Altavistas "bablefish" dealeo to translate  Cuscos website, but it can't do anything about the pictures (which are about 75% of Cuscos content)...

mm

Actually I found the phone # 027-352-3578,  but was hopeing for an email address.   All I have is SprintPCS and am afraid to know how much intnl calls are on it!

I've been using Altavistas "bablefish" dealeo to translate  Cuscos website, but it can't do anything about the pictures (which are about 75% of Cuscos content)...

mm

yah, translators are a good bet but a lot of the content Babel fish translates in bits and words (which is why some of the phrases or words don't make sense). it's still better then nothing though. :D

when i go back up at the end of the month (hopefully) i'll try and double check on part #'s.

There are some other bushing type parts  that came with the camber plates that most likely can be used with both stock and coilovers.  I don't know 4 sure because I haven't had time to mess with them.

I have a list of who's in on the original post  8)

Still trying to get an absolute answer on the coil-over/strut issue

Bozzperformance has said we can specifiy which we want when we order.  But I would like some sort of confirmation from Cusco.  I'm trying to get an email addy for cusco, but have only been able to find a phone #.

mm

I called Greddy today and after he looked things up he said they could "defenatly" be used with the stock struts.  So that ends that worry!!  I also think we have enough for the minimum order to get the reduced price.  Should we set a deadline??  

How about Wends 3/12 as a deadline for being included

Could everyone who responded please PM me with your name, address, phone#, and strut / coil over choice.  I'll make a spreadsheet and pass it to Bozz performance.  That way when you call to order, he'll already have your info and shipping all calc'd up.  Its easiest for everybody but me :).

mm