Rear Air Diffusers!!!!

got_obrut

lol.  Alright guys, Saturday morning at 9 the crew is meeting to design and build the template, so by monday at the latest it will be in the shop being built and pics of the prototype will be seen on the site by Friday, hopefully.  The biggest barrier I am having is what to do with that exhaust...I want the back end to look ballanced.  Either the diffuser will cover edge to edge or cut short of the exhaust.  Ideas guys?  We have a few drawings lined up so I don't know which we will end up with...and no we can't make all of them!  >:(

Thanks on that comment about the Stang, a lot of care went into the looks, there are so much more we have done to that car that you can't even see. A lot of little stuff.  All I can say is the Starion is next!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tow hooks might be a good idea to keep them. Or at least machine the diffuser to where they can be put back in. Me personaly, I dont trailor my car so I dont need them. If it breaks down and I need a tow, wrecker drivers can find something else to tie down to. As for the muffler, there is just to many differant ones on everyones car. I would say make it look balanced. If you have to buy a different muffler so be it.

Good Luck

obviously the best thing for sales would be a simple bolt on item.  Assuming that's impossible or very difficult, I wouldn't mind having to remove the tow hooks, as long as they simply unbolt.  If I ever need to ship my car I can unbolt the diffuser and bolt the hooks back on.  As for the exhaust.  build it so guys with stock exhausts can use it, and you shouldn't have any issues with fitment on cars with aftermarket exhausts/mufflers.  I think it will hurt the GP if guys have to get a new muffler to run the thing

another way to magnify the effect is to install lightly reinforced plate aluminum on the bottom of the car, and create an absolute smooth surface under the car.

Yu only have to create tunnels for the Drive shaft and exhaust.

That front splitter is a great idea and will be on the backburner for now seeing as we are developing for 4 different cars right now.  The other owners and I really like that idea.  I know about discrete mods...My last car was a '97 neon ACR pulling 14.2 1/4 ET and the only external mod I made was nice clean projectors.  No rice here.  

I am very happy with the responce so far so we will start development on the diffuser right away.  My guess is we will have the final product for sale in about a month to a month 1/2.

*If you gather a group buy of 10 or more then I will hook you guys up real well.  I have this post in the items for sale and they were asking about group buys.  

I will work on getting a picture as soon as possible.

I don't know about a rear diffuser, I'd have to see it on a Quest before I bite.  But I'd be first in line for a adjustable front splitter.  I don't car where the adjustments are.

TopDawg_43~

I am definately interested in one.  My car will be an open road race car so I will take full advantage of it.  It will also help smooth the underside of the car since my Fuel tank is gone and the boxy fuel cell is there now.  This is something I have been wanting to do and you are gonna save me lotsa time.  Great idea.

Thanks,

Brian

Sorry I haven't replied in a while.  The prototype is about to be sent off to the wind tunnel to be tested.  We are croosing our fingures that our cadd skills are as good as our mechanical skill and we don't have to make too many adjustments.  The final product should be ready in less then 2 weeks.  We are working as fast as we can.

That's what I'm here for.  I have some more updates, the diffuser template is finished and the prototype is about to be built.  The Starion/Conquest diffuser is larger then the Mustang so expect a slight price increase.    I will be able to give an exact price in about a week.  Let me know if you guys have any more questions!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...