Where to send steering box to get rebuilt?

My steering gearbox had a lot of slop in it. On top of that, it leaks like crazy, all my power steering fluid is gone and it all came out of the steering gearbox. I figure it’s time to get it rebuilt.

I remember on these forums people had suggestions on who can rebuild these steering boxes, but I can’t for the life of me find them. So I’m asking here.

As an aside, worth replacing the power steering lines with something flexible?

Thanks!

I highly recommend ditching the hard lines for a flexible setup. Although I don't know who makes them anymore. 

I also recommend RedHead Steering Gears for a rebuild. They did mine 10+ years ago and it has been GREAT!

Edited by psu_Crash

You could always make your own lines for that if you're feeling ambitious. I had the local Napa make a high pressure line for me many moons ago. Once you figure out the fittings needed, it isn't a big deal. Somewhere in the archives here I'm sure that information survives ... somewhere. 

Redhead unfortunately is not what it was 10 years ago. Lots of poor customer service reports for bad steering boxes. Might be your only option though. Check with blue top and see if they will touch it. Although blue top is having staffing issues themselves since no one seems to want to work anymore. 

I would  not have it done on any exchange deal either,  I remember people getting wrong boxes returned back in the day and companies loosing their original boxes.