Deleting AC Sub Condenser?

Posting this in automatic transmissions because the AC sub condenser is exclusive to the versions of the car with an automatic. I'm going through converting the AC in my 89 to use R134a. My AC sub condenser is pretty beat up, and I don't really want to fork over the insane amount of cash that a good one will cost. I'm planning on just deleting it entirely and running the main condenser only. Anyone done this or any thoughts on this? 

subcondenser.JPG

Edited by TSITy

Why not just buy universal and replace everything. I have less then 1k buying a new compressor, all hoses, fittings and dryer plus crimping tool. No more dealing with old junk. 

12 hours ago, BKB94 said:

Why not just buy universal and replace everything. I have less then 1k buying a new compressor, all hoses, fittings and dryer plus crimping tool. No more dealing with old junk. 

Interested in what you used?   I have to pull my dash because  it's clogged somwhere in there.

On 3/21/2024 at 3:33 PM, BKB94 said:

I agree this would be the ideal way to fix it; however, I don't have the funds to replace EVERYTHING. Just enough to make it work.