Front sway bar stock Allentown PA area wanted

BKB94

On 12/4/2023 at 8:34 PM, BKB94 said:

I assumed since I had tons of clearance with the stock sway bar a aftermarket sway bar would fit. I was wrong and gave away my stock sway bar. If you are close and have a spare let me know. 

I run aftermarket bars in the front and rear without issues. What is the problem with yours?

Stock bar had a little more room but still a bit too tight. Seems to be huge discrepancies between the front clip I used for mock up and the chassis I’m using. Good news is the stock bar bends easy and I manipulated it to get tons of room around the oil pan. I just need to bend out the ends so they match up with the A-arms. 

It's not a up down issue its a forward issue. The bar needed to go forward to clear the oil pan at full suspension bump because of the weird bends in the bar it goes in a weird arc. No room to move the bar mounting points forward. But as you can see it's all done except for needing shorter sway bar end link bolts. Even painted to match the ST rear bar.

i-p8ccTN2-338x450.jpg

i-XmDzqXM-600x450.jpg

i-J96rdQW-600x450.jpg

No ford rack is way too wide. Not my first choice but went Saturn SC2 rack the other common racks are getting hard to find now, 240 and shadow Shelby. You are correct in that rub mark is where the ST bar hit. Didn’t want to notch the pan, might not be an option either. Bottom of car is pretty much done. Need to finish my hydroboost lines then take it for a drive. Next is body work, the monkey that owned this car got pissed at it and punched it in a few places and smashed in the roof. Not looking forward to the body work but I have fixed worse. 

Edited by BKB94