Rear wiper question

nc_beagle

On 6/16/2023 at 7:08 PM, obsolete said:

You'll need a separate pin. The part is ANCO 48-05 (or 4805) but they are hard to come by.

Thanks. I have two of those pins but I'm still not sure about the process of removing the old wiper. The pins you reference don't look exactly like what I see on my blade. One end of the pin is flattened and seems part of the blade.

I think I just need step-by-step. Would i simply use one of the 48-05 pins on a new blade? It would hold in place?

I've attached two photos of the current blade.

Thanks,
Mark 

20230618_170446.jpg

20230618_170536.jpg

Yes, the new blade will probably come with half a dozen different adapters, one of which should accommodate the removable 3/16" pin. It's pretty hard to find wipers with built-in pins like that anymore. I'm not aware of any.

On the rear the pin shouldn't be part of the blade. It should be the other way around. It should be part of the arm. There's  metal tab on the underside that you press up or down (I forget) and the blade slides off the pin.

5 hours ago, obsolete said:

Really? Do you have a picture of that? My rear wiper arm works exactly like the fronts. The pin is not part of the arm.

4 hours ago, nc_beagle said:

Is it possible the pin got stuck in the blade and came off with it? It's a new-to-me car so the first time I have looked at the rear wiper.

Maybe I have it backwards but I could have sworn it was the other way around for me. I'm not home right now, but my car is right in the garage so I can take a look and snap some photos.

Just to wrap up this thread and my original question. I went and got the same wiper blade as I used on the front and used the pins I bought online. They work, but they stick out of the holes on either side of the blade. It's fine though.

20230627_160848.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone post the part/part number for the blade? Bosch or otherwise. I need to replace the rear.  I realize I’ll need to get the pin. I also confirmed that pin is attached to blade on the rear and to arm on fronts.  Can the same blade be used on the front? Utilizing the existing pins.

Thanks