TB Butterfly Valve screw size?

techboy

Like the title says ... anyone know the butterfly valve screw size?  I've been wanting to rebuild this spare TB I have with new shaft seals and sell it to someone who needs it, but I got hung up when the butterfly screws wouldn't come out.  So, I reluctantly step drilled them out today. I  got lucky b/c both sides came out complete on the 2nd step, but I obviously need new screws.  I remember from rebuilding these before that it's an oval head ... just need the size and thread pitch.  Hoping I get some a McMaster-Carr.

Check out this luck:

ell6ow.jpg

NgqMhz.jpg

eqfUbM.jpg

A quick search on here (the search tool on this board is weird) and I found an old thread from Tsi_Tom.  It says M5 x 16 with this link: TB Screws  These are button though, not oval heads.  They need to have the fillet on the underside to sit in the countersink correctly.

Can anyone verify?

I'll check.  I had to buy some a few months back.  M5 for sure, but don't remember the pitch off the top of my head.  it's the standard pitch though.  I bought them at tractor supply.  Stainless steel.  They were far too long but I cut them to size.