Is it possible to lower the seat at all?

BlueCuda

Has anyone ever been able to lower the seat?  I have yet to go pull it out and see what it takes but I am guessing its probably a no go?  Once I finish a couple of things on this car I want to give autocross a try with some friends.  I am 6'3 240lbs and it occurred to me I may not have any helmet clearance.  I have a nice carbon fiber helmet from my drag car but I might need a thinner brain bucket to be able to fit in my Conquest lol.  

On another note we had a mobile detail guy come to work yesterday so I drove the conquest in.  He was able to polish the super heavy water spotting off of the car and wow it looks way better.  Its not as nice as the picture makes it look but its not bad for a car to jack around with.  The dollar to fun ratio has been pretty good.  

https://imgur.com/JpBctdm

Edited by BlueCuda

I ran into this with my car too. I'm 6'2" and didn't fit with my helmet on. I took the seat out and removed the sliders. Then made custom brackets to drop the seat 1-2" and also moved it back a few. Now it's in a fixed position, but I'm the only one driving it anyways. So all good :) 

I gotta keep the sliders, my wife is 5'1 and she doesn't care to drive it but if she had to move it or something she wouldn't even be able to reach the pedals where I drive it!

I will do the gangsta lean for the first trip or two if I can, I would hate to do these changes then decide I didn't care to autocross.  

I thought about using like an aluminum kirkey seat, it would be easy enough to swap one of those into a fixed position for a weekend and remove for normal usage and those seats are so thin it would by some room.  

What I would really like to do is some laps at the local track (Hallet Motor Racing Circuit) but the car still has a ways to go before I can beat its brains in on something like that.  I figured Autocross was a good way to warm me and the car up for that.  I am a drag racer at heart but I am trying to open my options now that I added a car that is semi capable of turning at speed lol.  

If you have a sunroof that might be one way for clearance. But. I doubt  they would let you run like that. The only other way I can see is to lower the floor pan. And now were getting into screwing with the structure of the car itself. Not something that I would recommend. But it is your car to do with as you wish.

On 5/19/2022 at 6:36 AM, BlueCuda said:

I will do the gangsta lean for the first trip or two if I can, I would hate to do these changes then decide I didn't care to autocross.  

I did that for my first autocross season and it JACKED my back up! I started out with intentions of drag racing then fell into autocross. It's a blast! I'm sure you will have a good time with it.